MCC PC Unable to open/type game chat

Hey, having a strange bug since Wednesday. I’m not able to open the chat or type in the game chat on MCC. Can’t see/type in the menu or in game. I can see other people when they type, and voice to text works, so the chat opens but I can’t open it.

I’ve tried messing with the settings, rebinding the chat key, checking MCC/PC/Xbox app settings for privacy/notifications, no change. Rebooted Steam/Xbox/PC, no change.
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The only thing that has changed since Wednesday was I installed the Halo 4 flight. Anyone else experienced this issue?

Hello, i tested a few hours ago, and i can confirm that the chat is opening with the default key J and i was able to talk in the match and after the match finish
I think is just a personal problem

same here i tried using my keyboard clicking j the text chat didn’t open i then tried my gamepad xbox one controller it has an = sign

It’s definitely a personal problem lol. Not trying to say chat’s out for everyone, I can see it when others type.

Interesting idea Doom, I have been playing with a racing wheel lately. I tried booting MCC with an Xbox 360 controller. I could see it saying = would open chat, but none of the buttons on the controller would open chat. Still no luck there

Does anyone have another suggestion? I am reinstalling the game currently. I can press the chat icon in the main menu which opens the chat, and I can type, but none of the buttons I try to bind the chat key to will open the chat. This is a major PITA because I love to talk to other players and don’t have a mic

lol

Reinstalling MCC fixed it

> 2535405320984524;1:
> Hey, having a strange bug since Wednesday. I’m not able to open the chat or type in the game chat on MCC. Can’t see/type in the menu or in game. I can see other people when they type, and voice to text works, so the chat opens but I can’t open it.
>
> I’ve tried messing with the settings, rebinding the chat key, checking MCC/PC/Xbox app settings for privacy/notifications, no change. Rebooted Steam/Xbox/PC, no change.
> Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The only thing that has changed since Wednesday was I installed the Halo 4 flight. Anyone else experienced this issue?

I hope it’ll fix when H4 comes out

It’s not a personal problem. I am unable to type in the middle of matches. I uninstalled/re-installed my MCC and it still doesn’t work. I am pressing J (as it’s assigned) and nothing pops up.

The way that text chat works in MCC changed with a previous update, you can read more about it and how to change your settings here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-development-flighting-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=3#post57

Additionally, there is a known issue related to key bindings for text chat:
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052515111-Global-Known-Issues

• When playing with a mouse and keyboard on PC, the “Open Text Chat” function does not work when bound to W, A, S, or D