MCC PC, stuttering

Hello,

I have been enjoying the games pass version of MCC on PC for a week or so now, but today there has been an unusual issue with frame stuttering. When not moving, all is fine, but once I start to move the game becomes borderline unplayable on matchmaking. I don’t understand why this is happening. I have tried reverting all graphics to lowest settings, capping framerate, nothing.

I do not have any of the apps installed that are known to cause issues, such as Razer synapse etc.

This issue was not present before today. I only just managed to solve the no audio issue, something I used to solve by disabling spacial sound (which as of today, surprise surprise, no longer works), and had to mess around with audio settings until the sound came back.

Please help me fix this, and ensure this gets patched in future, as it is a very bad show of faith to release a port this buggy. I just want to enjoy halo like I did on 360.

Regards,

Ven

Same here

Same here.

Same here, dont waste time trying to setup. I’ve been like 4 days and nothing seems to fix the stuttering. I also checked the Halo MCC update changelogs, it seems that they are aware, not sure if its one of the priority things to fix.
Its funny tho the story mode works like a charm (H2A), its just the multiplayer.

I had problem with hit detection and meele aswell.

Same here

im gonna +1 this, had no issues until yesterday, had the issues occur 5 times, playlist was halo 3 team hardcore

Also facing this issue. Even on the lowest graphics settings playing on an i7 2600k + 1080Ti

same here

This is still an issue for me, they need to wake up.

I’m running this on a Ryzen 3800x and a 2080 with 32 gb RAM. Resource use while the game is running is at about 8-15%. Yet every time I move the mouse the game stutters. I’ve tried turning VSync on and off and changing every setting possible, and I’ve even adjusted the Nvidia Control Panel settings for the game. It’s still literally unplayable, no exaggeration.

nobody has found a fix to this? im experiencing this too
ryzen 3600 and 2060 super

> 2533274813905074;4:
> Same here, dont waste time trying to setup. I’ve been like 4 days and nothing seems to fix the stuttering. I also checked the Halo MCC update changelogs, it seems that they are aware, not sure if its one of the priority things to fix.
> Its funny tho the story mode works like a charm (H2A), its just the multiplayer.
>
> I had problem with hit detection and meele aswell.

I’ve been having issues with hit detection and Beatdowns also. I’ll lunge at a player and literally bump into them with no damage dealt

I know that this is an old thread but make sure your game is in fullscreen rather than borderless windowed mode. I find it makes the game much more consistent but i still randomly drop frames. i’m on an i5 6500 @ 4.2GHz and a RX 480 8GB. Also this game always crashes if i try to run it with my GPU OC-ed

This game improved a lot from the last time I played. I also changed to a 3070, it runs smooth af and I can see that they implemented +60 fps animationd or whatever that did fix the stuttering :slight_smile:

Older post but I am running across these same issues with a 2060 Super, Does anyone have any suggestions of fixes now a whole year later?

Still having this garbage issue as of 5/15/2021. Played the game several weeks ago and was totally fine until one day, that happened. Being stationary made the game run smooth like it always does and the moment I start moving the frame rate drops to basically 1-5 frames a second. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, places this game in an ssd, hdd, played with the graphics settings and … nothing. Thinking of just uninstalling until this issue is fixed. Running Ryzen 7 2700, gtx 1660 ti.

> 2533274861234963;16:
> Still having this garbage issue as of 5/15/2021. Played the game several weeks ago and was totally fine until one day, that happened. Being stationary made the game run smooth like it always does and the moment I start moving the frame rate drops to basically 1-5 frames a second. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, places this game in an ssd, hdd, played with the graphics settings and … nothing. Thinking of just uninstalling until this issue is fixed. Running Ryzen 7 2700, gtx 1660 ti.

I have the exact same issue and cant play online or solo without frame drops that make it unplayable. It needs a fix asap

EDIT: Closing all my Razer Synapse apps seemed to fix it. Not sure why it would even interfere in the first place, but a solution nonetheless.

Having the same issue right now. Every time I move or even click the screen my frames drop to 1 and it becomes unplayable. Does anyone have a fix?

I tried Halo MCC on my PC tonight and had this issue as well.

My setup:
Ryzen 9 3900X
Radeon RX 5700 XT
32GB DDR4-3200
1440p 144Hz FreeSync monitor

I tried lots of this like borderless fullscreen, fullscreen, cap FPS, uncap FPS.

Nothing worked, so I took a video and filled out a ticket at the Halo support site.

I found that changing one number in the “GameUserSettings” works very well, while it doesn’t 100% fix the problem, it improves it greatly. You will want to follow the below file directory path.

"“C:\Users*USERNAME*\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini”

Once you have arrived at the “GameUserSettings” text file, you need to press “CTRL+F” and search for the word “AudioQualityLevel”. Replace the current value of “0” with a “1” or a “2”. Click “File” then “Save”. Once saved, relaunch the game and you should see a significant decrease in audio glitches and frame drops.

Note: Regardless of what value you replace “0” with in the text file, you will see an big improvement. However, you might get better or slightly better performance depending on your PC based on whether you are using “1” or “2” as your replacement value.