MCC not updating on Windows 11

Seems like I cannot update to Season 8 via the windows store on windows 11. Anyone else having this issue? I did file a ticket. When I boot up it still loads the season 7 load screen and all the place holders for the exchange and menu are just text code.

Having the exact same issue here - have tried everything I can think of bar reinstalling.

Honestly all these issues really makes me regret not just getting the steam version

Edit:
Alright got a solution - go to the store, manually search Halo MCC, find it, look in the games listing below, find the actual Halo MCC sub game, click update and go from there.

Try updating through the Xbox App

> 2533274819195715;1:
> Seems like I cannot update to Season 8 via the windows store on windows 11. Anyone else having this issue? I did file a ticket. When I boot up it still loads the season 7 load screen and all the place holders for the exchange and menu are just text code.

Having same issue on Windows 10.

> 2533274846617526;2:
> Having the exact same issue here - have tried everything I can think of bar reinstalling.
>
> Honestly all these issues really makes me regret not just getting the steam version
>
> Edit:
> Alright got a solution - go to the store, manually search Halo MCC, find it, look in the games listing below, find the actual Halo MCC sub game, click update and go from there.

Tried checking the game manually in the store, no option to update.

> 2533274918457090;3:
> Try updating through the Xbox App

Tried this to, the button that says “UPDATE ALL” doesn’t do anything, not clickable and not showing updates available.

Shutting down the PC and starting up again, then trying the Windows store worked for some people for a release earlier this year.

Another option would be Settings, then Apps, select Halo and go to advanced options, then select repair. After that try the store & app again.

> Shutting down the PC and starting up again, then trying the Windows store worked for some people for a release earlier this year.
>
> Another option would be Settings, then Apps, select Halo and go to advanced options, then select repair. After that try the store & app again.

Tried these, doesn’t do anything for me.

kept clicking update and it finally worked