MCC needs more graphics options

Halo 4’s flight has given us a sneak peek of per game, individually tweakable graphics options. However, they seem to be pretty disappointing considering that you are now just tweaking the graphics affected by the current presets. I’m going to copy/paste what I wrote in the feedback thread down below, with some additions:
There needs to be more graphics options. I do not like the fact the new graphics options do not change much, since you are now just changing one by one what is affected by the presets. If 343 is trying to scale these games to run well on both low end and high end PCs, then there needs to be more graphics options.
I feel like this should be what the games have instead:
FPS Limit: 30, 50, 60, 75, 90, 120, 144, 165, 180, 200, 240, unlimited (Should be more than just multiples of 60. Lower FPS options will help with CPU)
Texture Quality: Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High (Why are there no texture quality settings? This will help the most with low end PCs since it will save on VRAM and will also make the games shine on higher end PCs)
Texture Filtering: Off, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x (No more low, medium, and high. High is still very weak and forcing AF through drivers is still superior)
Anti-aliasing: FXAA Low, FXAA High, SMAA, MSAA 2x, 4x, 8x (MSAA if possible; An unspecified anti-aliasing method with a simple on and off toggle just does not cut it)
Level of Detail: Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High, Ultra (There is still a noticeable amount of pop in with the current high setting. Let us see a lot more detail than already possible! Plus, let LODs affect characters too!)
Shadow Quality: Off (wherever reasonable), Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High, Ultra (Shadow quality does not do much right now. Low just turns off character shadows, Normal is regular shadows, and high is slightly higher quality shadows. Off should disable all shadows where applicable, like dynamic shadows, very low could be very pixelated 256x256, low would be 512x512, normal is 1024x1024, high is 2048x2048, very high 4096x4096, and ultra 8192x8192)
Soft Shadows (where applicable, requires at least high shadows): Low, Medium, High
Shadow Distance (How far do shadows start appearing? Greyed out if Shadows are off): Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High, Ultra
If the Effects Quality option affects multiple effects at once, this should be changed to allow for separate options for each effect, like for example:
Depth of Field: On/Off
Bloom: On/Off
Motion Blur: On/Off
Particle Quality: Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High, Ultra
Film Grain (especially for ODST): On/Off
There might be more I missed
Lighting Quality is actually OK, maybe add in a Very High and maybe even an Ultra setting
Water Quality: Low, Medium, High, Very High (Should have more effect than what it currently does, where there’s zero difference between low, med, and high)
Bullet Decals: Off, Very Low, Low, Normal, High, Very High, Ultra (Client side option that affects how many bullet holes are on screen before despawning)
Corpse Limit (This is a helpful option like in Payday 2, a client side option that affects how many corpses stay in game before they begin to despawn): Off (As soon as an enemy dies they despawn), Small, Normal, Large, Insane
Foliage: On/Off (Grass toggle)
Ambient Occlusion (when applicable): Off, Low, Medium, High
Blood: On/Off (Apparently currently broken in flight, but a nice feature nonetheless)
Experimental settings:
60fps Cutscenes (in Halo CEA and 2 Classic): On/Off
Letterboxing in Cutscenes (Where applicable): On/Off
Restore CE Visuals (Experimental in case they are buggy): On/Off
Real-Time Reflections (Halo 3, is supported but not on by default; needs mods to enable; mostly just present on visors): Off/On
I’m expecting way too much I know lol, but I am very disappointed with the current options given to us. I really wanted to see how nice Halo looks cranked up at max (and even how low it can go), but so far the results have been underwhelming

Hey OP, in an effort to keep things tidy for 343, it is preferable to add any feedback to the pinned feedback thread. You can copy and paste your response there :slight_smile: