MCC Leaves Campaign and Sends Me Back to Main Menu

So I remember having this issue when I first played this game forever ago, but can not figure out how I went around it. Every time I go to resume my Halo Reach campaign it looks to start the campaign but then says “Leaving” very briefly before sending me straight back to the main menu. I don’t understand how I am already having issues with this game and I haven’t even gotten into the action yet.

Exact same problem happening for me. Also happens sometimes from the Connecting screen on matchmaking. Only has happened since last update. I also just got a series X last week, not sure if that’s related.

> 2623078711551392;2:
> Exact same problem happening for me. Also happens sometimes from the Connecting screen on matchmaking. Only has happened since last update. I also just got a series X last week, not sure if that’s related.

Same is happening on Steam. Loads MP map about half way, then forces you back to the main menu.

> 2535416520813978;1:
> Every time I go to resume my Halo Reach campaign it looks to start the campaign but then says “Leaving” very briefly before sending me straight back to the main menu.

> 2623078711551392;2:
> Exact same problem happening for me.

> 2533274823071705;3:
> Same is happening on Steam

This issue is due to game updates that invalidate mid-mission checkpoints, it happens with most large MCC updates due to various changes and bug fixes. All you should been to do is to rest the level you were playing instead of hitting resume. The next time you go back you’ll be able to resume as normal.
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049568292-Saved-data-and-settings-may-be-lost-during-updates-

> 2533274813317074;4:
> > 2535416520813978;1:
> > Every time I go to resume my Halo Reach campaign it looks to start the campaign but then says “Leaving” very briefly before sending me straight back to the main menu.
>
>
>
> > 2623078711551392;2:
> > Exact same problem happening for me.
>
>
>
> > 2533274823071705;3:
> > Same is happening on Steam
>
> This issue is due to game updates that invalidate mid-mission checkpoints, it happens with most large MCC updates due to various changes and bug fixes. All you should been to do is to rest the level you were playing instead of hitting resume. The next time you go back you’ll be able to resume as normal.
> https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049568292-Saved-data-and-settings-may-be-lost-during-updates-

Hey stckrboy thanks for the response! I’ve read through the article you shared but I’m failing to understand how that complies with loading a MP match? I’ve only just downloaded MCC on Steam within the last 3 days, so I’ve had no update. I even deleted it from the SSD and downloaded it onto a HDD, so I’m not sure any previous saved data is getting invalidated when I’ve literally on had the game on PC for a few days.

The same error exists on halo 4 (I’m on mission 4). What is the solution? Can you update for xbox as soon as possible?

> 2533274823071705;5:
> I’m failing to understand how that complies with loading a MP match?

If it’s happening in matchmaking (I missed that part) then that’s a different issue. I would file a support ticket about that issue: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport

> 2535413774971228;6:
> The same error exists on halo 4 (I’m on mission 4). What is the solution? Can you update for xbox as soon as possible?

You’ll need to restart the mission in order for the game to load correctly

> 2533274813317074;7:
> > 2533274823071705;5:
> > I’m failing to understand how that complies with loading a MP match?
>
> If it’s happening in matchmaking (I missed that part) then that’s a different issue. I would file a support ticket about that issue: https://aka.ms/HaloSupport
>
>
> > 2535413774971228;6:
> > The same error exists on halo 4 (I’m on mission 4). What is the solution? Can you update for xbox as soon as possible?
>
> You’ll need to restart the mission in order for the game to load correctly

Do I need to do it from the select mission section? If I restart it like that, will it automatically switch to new tasks?

Restarting the level is not really an option for me, its doing this to me on the LASO campaign for halo 4 im on the last mission, the only option id have is to restart the playlist, and there is no way im gonna go through promethium hell in my least liked halo game again. Ive now lost faith in this games stability enough to not waste any more time trying for achievements.

> 2533274813389995;9:
> Restarting the level is not really an option for me, its doing this to me on the LASO campaign for halo 4 im on the last mission, the only option id have is to restart the playlist, and there is no way im gonna go through promethium hell in my least liked halo game again. Ive now lost faith in this games stability enough to not waste any more time trying for achievements.

same issue with halo reach LASO

it’s now happening to me for every campaign as well

I’m on steam here, it’s happening to me on the Halo campaign level The Covenant, and it hasn’t let me in at all, I have yet to start the mission. I tried loading from mission select, as well and same issue. It happened right after I completed The Ark and was loading for the next level.