MCC is starting up on my secondary monitor

I am trying to figure out a way to force the MCC to start on my primary monitor. The workaround is simply turning off my second monitor which I don’t want to keep doing but there are no options within the game to tell it which monitor to use. Windows has my monitors set up appropriately - with my gaming monitor set as #1 but no matter what I do - it only starts on my secondary monitor.

I was hoping maybe there was a command I could use for a launch option to tell it what to do but I can’t find anything or any post about it.

Anybody have any ideas?

I had the same issue.
I just updated my graphics drivers and set the game to borderless and now it just works.
It worked for me, you can try and see if it works for you too

I had the same issue back in March, have to use windows+shift and right to move it over, theyve added a mointor selector now and it wont even show my main monitor, if i boot it with just the main monitor on it crashes.

1 Like

As this appears to be an issue with your game, we recommend heading over to https://aka.ms/HaloSupport for further assistance. Please review the latest known issues and submit a ticket if your issue is not listed.

Thanks!

This is happening to me too. I just bought the MCC yesterday and the game is seeing my primary monitor which is an Asus as monitor 2 instead. The borderless window mode does fix the issue but this really needs to be addressed officially.

Same here !

this is happening to me as well. Setting it to borderless worked for me also though.

I have the same problem. I even tried using the command in launch options to force it to work on the same screen as literally everything else boots on by default, but as soon as you press a button or key, it goes straight back to the wrong screen that literally nothing else opens in by default but Halo MCC is freaking obsessed with running on my Wacom tablet instead of the gaming monitor that was designed for games.

1 Like

I had the same problem where I couldn’t play fullscreen on my main monitor. I was able to fix it by changing my Display cables in my PC so “Monitor 1” was also my primary display monitor. Before I somehow had my main monitor listed as “monitor 2” in windows display settings, even though it was my primary display screen.

I’m writing from October 2021, so in the future for some of you and in the past for some others.
I bought Halo Master Chef xD today and apparently it still has this bloody monitor issue. It starts on my laptop monitor instead of the great plugged one (which I set as the main one in Windows).

Thank you!

worked for me! thank you!