MCC Insider Flight #2 - THURS. 6/7 FEEDBACK THREAD

<mark>UPDATE - Day 2 kicks off today at 11AM PDT so we’re making a brand new feedback thread! This one is being locked. Thanks to everyone for participating in Thursday’s sessions and for sharing your feedback!</mark>

Hello MCC Insider flight participants! Today we kick off the first of three official days for flight #2. Please use this thread to share feedback, report issues, ask questions and for discussions pertaining to flight experiences for Thursday, June 7th. Note that we will kick off a new pinned thread for each day of the flight, so tomorrow there will be a new thread just for Friday feedback, then another on Saturday.

As a reminder, there are two official sessions today: 11AM to 2PM PDT and 7PM to 10PM PDT. On the menu today: Halo 3 4v4!

Please join us and play as many games as you can!

For more info about the flight, be sure to check out THIS THREAD.

Known Issues
Please check the MCC Insider Program Hub within the Xbox Insider app for the latest details. Here are the current known issues as of Thursday, 6/7 at 9:45AM:

• Some users are not successfully connecting to dedicated servers. A new build has been pushed to add additional logging to help track down this issue. THIS ISSUE WAS RESOVLED WITH A NEW BUILD RELEASE LAST NIGHT! (6/6) - Dedicated server performance, experience, and wait times will vary and be highly dependent on active regional player population. - Customization, Player ID, and User Settings from Flight 1 will not be saved for Flight 2 - Player is given incorrect pickup icon for the Halo 3 magnum - Screen brightness will appear very dark for users from Flight 1. Please adjust your brightness settings under Video Settings to fix this. - Intro Game Variant Prompt in Halo 3 displays a black box within the prompt (Seen when match begins)
    Thanks, we’ll see you online!

Very Important Feedback:

I don’t like getting my butt kicked by Neighbor. :sob:

> 2533274796457055;2:
> Very Important Feedback:
>
> I don’t like getting my butt kicked by Neighbor. :sob:

Very Important Feedback:

I liked getting my butt kicked by Neighbor.

Seems like party matching might be an issue.

> 2533274813061580;3:
> > 2533274796457055;2:
> > Very Important Feedback:
> >
> > I don’t like getting my butt kicked by Neighbor. :sob:
>
> Very Important Feedback:
>
> I liked getting my butt kicked by Neighbor.

Very important Feedback:

I liked getting an AR kill* on Neighbor.

*I peppered him with two bullets and he killed himself and me

Serious feedback:

The hit registration is the best it’s ever been in Halo 3. Also was happy to see the emblems in game.

> 2533274837454691;4:
> Seems like party matching might be an issue.

Very likely that’s it’s to do with a lack of population

> 2533274878188666;6:
> > 2533274837454691;4:
> > Seems like party matching might be an issue.
>
> Very likely that’s it’s to do with a lack of population

I know it is. Party sizes can still be limited if people have a problem with it though.

Hmm…I’m still experiencing the “Restarting Search” scenario. I’ll find a full team, it’s about to load in, then kicks me back to the main screen where I have to try and begin the search again.

Hit registration feels a lot better than base MCC, love it.

Lobbies still disband after every game. The players show up in the list, but once the search actually starts again it empties it out and you’re alone again. Is that just a part of how the MCC Insider works or is this unintended? Bringing it up just in case.

Still lag on 343 logo in start up freezes for almost a second. Does this in regular mcc too

I bug I’ve found in the few games i play is the magnum icon, while walking over the magnum there is a chance that a silenced magnum icon will appear instead however this inst constant, sometimes it will shows is original icon. This bug has shown for both myself and two mates as well. :slight_smile:

The colored background of the startup Gametype popup is broken, losing its color and showing as black.

Here’s a picture comparing it to H3 BC
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HoPj3Sn.png

EDIT: Also, my Waypoint avatar seems to be broken. It’s supposed to be the H2 Chief with the orange background I believe

> 2535434036489746;8:
> Hmm…I’m still experiencing the “Restarting Search” scenario. I’ll find a full team, it’s about to load in, then kicks me back to the main screen where I have to try and begin the search again.

Something similar happening to me every now and then, though it doesn’t go all the way back to the main screen. It fills up and then just empties randomly. No message or anything.

matchmaking didn’t work in Asia, I tried searching for 30mins still no match found… what’s going on?

And I found audio compression is still an issue , like the weapon sound, they sound different compared to the og h3

Also the color of map is different from the og halo 3

The hit registration is much better than MCC 1.0. The UI in Halo 3 is thankfully upscaled properly (text, icons, etc…) as well as seeing the MCC emblems on the scoreboard. Although my -Yoink- keeps getting handed to me.

There is a graphical glitch where the objective card (at the start of every game) is black, (pretty sure the team is aware of that) and occasionally the game freezes for about a second during gameplay then continues, nothing game-breaking though. (I have 25mbps down and 5mbps up). And very oddly, on the playlist maps on the multiplayer lobby, high ground and guardian are listed twice.

What I would like to see implemented in the future is the searching status appearing game wide (like while searching through settings and fileshares) instead of just the carnage report, showing the gametype while loading in the game, and maybe a prefer and avoid player system as well.

Also if you see me in matchmaking and I’m on your team, be prepared to carry me or leave. ;). I’m average on H3 but definitely not on Dev CC Insider : |

I’m experiencing minor lag issues, is that just me or the servers?

> 2533274889263975;10:
> Still lag on 343 logo in start up freezes for almost a second. Does this in regular mcc too

you can still skip it thankfully

Been experiencing the pistol glitch keeps showing suppressor pistol from odst,

Map listing is showing narrows twice and high ground twice