MCC Halo3: ODST - no content, can't start the game

Hello,
Just bought the add on to MCC -> Halo3:odst.
Addon is installed (10MB), content is installed (reinstalled as well) - still cannot start the game.
It says that H3:ODST is not installed.

I saw that this problem was reported several times, but I was not able to find any solution.
How I can fix it?
Please do not suggest to REINSTALL EVERYTHING what is possible… it should work just like that.

Regards!

Anyone?

Problem still not solved, I will try to redownload all the MCC content… last hope :confused:

Unfortunately, problem was not solved…
Where now I can ask for help, any suggestions?

Hello. When you try to launch ODST and it says it isn’t installed, if you go to the Custom Installation menu (the one within MCC, not in your Xbox My Games & Apps menu), is the box next to ODST Campaign checked? Is there an X overlay on the ODST image on that screen? Please let us know so we can help resolve the issue.

To get to this screen, you can either follow the prompt tat says the content is not installed or navigate to Options & Career > Settings > Gameplay > Change Installed Games from the main menu.

Also, please refrain from bumping threads multiple times. Thanks.

> 2533274831893561;5:
> Hello. When you try to launch ODST and it says it isn’t installed, if you go to the Custom Installation menu (the one within MCC, not in your Xbox My Games & Apps menu), is the box next to ODST Campaign checked? Is there an X overlay on the ODST image on that screen? Please let us know so we can help resolve the issue.
>
> To get to this screen, you can either follow the prompt tat says the content is not installed or navigate to Options & Career > Settings > Gameplay > Change Installed Games from the main menu.
>
> Also, please refrain from bumping threads multiple times. Thanks.

Sorry, but you are saying as the standard helpdesk person, who have couple of standard instructions/guides as the first answers/questions…
I already tried every possible installation, re-installation, moving to the external drive, full re-installation from the console menu, re-installation only the ODST content from the game menu and so on. Already discussed this problem on the other forums: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-3-odst-no-content/59d76aa0-95e7-487e-85f9-4e0bfba5f9c8
I bought the game and cannot play it, this is a fact! If my thread bumping after several days was wrong, then I really don’t know what else I can do…
My frustration is really big now, because there is no help for me, all what everyone can suggest is the REINSTALLATION, who knows, maybe after 23rd reinstallation it will start to work? Yes I’m now just sarcastic in my frustration.

> 2533274831893561;5:
> When you try to launch ODST and it says it isn’t installed, if you go to the Custom Installation menu (the one within MCC, not in your Xbox My Games & Apps menu), is the box next to ODST Campaign checked? Is there an X overlay on the ODST image on that screen? Please let us know so we can help resolve the issue.

Please answer the above question so we can resolve your issue. Thanks.

I’m having the same issue, bought MCC and have been playing through the campaigns in order. I can see ODST is listed as installed but there is like a partial x across it and a locked symbol. Please help us quickly resolve this problem.

> 2533274834983912;8:
> I’m having the same issue, bought MCC and have been playing through the campaigns in order. I can see ODST is listed as installed but there is like a partial x across it and a locked symbol. Please help us quickly resolve this problem.

This is possibly a silly question but have you purchased ODST yet? It is not included in base MCC, it is a paid DLC.

<mark>Do not make non-constructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274831893561;5:
> When you try to launch ODST and it says it isn’t installed, if you go to the Custom Installation menu (the one within MCC, not in your Xbox My Games & Apps menu), is the box next to ODST Campaign checked? Is there an X overlay on the ODST image on that screen? Please let us know so we can help resolve the issue.

YES.
Already answered this question in my previous reply by saying: “I already tried every possible installation, re-installation, moving to the external drive, full re-installation from the console menu, re-installation only the ODST content from the game menu and so on.”

Please try to read carefully with understanding the content, before you will ask again a “standard question”.

> 2533274796457055;9:
> > 2533274834983912;8:
> > I’m having the same issue, bought MCC and have been playing through the campaigns in order. I can see ODST is listed as installed but there is like a partial x across it and a locked symbol. Please help us quickly resolve this problem.
>
> This is possibly a silly question but have you purchased ODST yet? It is not included in base MCC, it is a paid DLC.

As far as I was aware ODST was included due to some issues at launch and I thought that was still the case however I’d happily buy it but when I try to it just brings up the odst wallpaper is the best way to put it and goes no further than that. There’s no options to do anything it just sits on the wallpaper image.

> 2533274834983912;11:
> > 2533274796457055;9:
> > > 2533274834983912;8:
> > > I’m having the same issue, bought MCC and have been playing through the campaigns in order. I can see ODST is listed as installed but there is like a partial x across it and a locked symbol. Please help us quickly resolve this problem.
> >
> > This is possibly a silly question but have you purchased ODST yet? It is not included in base MCC, it is a paid DLC.
>
> As far as I was aware ODST was included due to some issues at launch and I thought that was still the case however I’d happily buy it but when I try to it just brings up the odst wallpaper is the best way to put it and goes no further than that. There’s no options to do anything it just sits on the wallpaper image.

That’s not exactly correct. ODST was provided to those who played at launch via code delivered over Xbox Live messages. If you didn’t redeem it, unfortunately it’s well past the ability to recover and resend the code. (Source: I worked at Xbox Support.)

When you say you’re trying to buy it but get the wallpaper, where are you seeing that pop up? Are you searching the store directly or trying to navigate via in-game options? Are you able to purchase the DLC on the website?

Asked for help on Twitter, will see… https://twitter.com/pewoo/status/1144169623878811649

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Problem is not unusual, seems that opinions (stars + decscription) on Xbox One says that many people have similar problem with ODST.

Hi
I have the same issue :frowning:
Purchased in 2016 odst dlc and was working without problem but from 2018, MCC give me a message content not installed but in options is installed ~8GB wth?
Tried disc and game pass version.
Please resolve this issue!

Best regards
Waldi

Any1 here???

Try clearing your blue ray persistent storage in settings then hard reset the Xbox ( hold power down 10 sec) pull out power cord … Wait 10 min then plug in & turn on Xbox … This has worked for multiple issues with MCC & Halo 5 …

Hard reset, clean cache, uninstall, install again and change locale dont work! :frowning:

After the last update in which u can choose what u want to install odst don’t work and all mentioned solutions also don’t work

Anyone from support?