MCC Crashing

In the past 5-6 months that I have consistently been on MCC, I’ve had my game crash every now and then. Lately however, MCC has been crashing like clock work for me as well as friends of mine. A couple of times a night, while loading into a match or usually at around the start; the screen will freeze, I will still have game and party audio for 3 seconds, there will be a stuttering sound, and then the Xbox shuts off. While my Xbox is not an X series or a one X, just a One S this still should not be happening.

To make this worse, a lot of crashes have happened while my friends and I are in ranked, and its practically an automatic L when we lose a player unless the other team are complete cheeks. What I want to know is; How common is this for the rest of the player base? Does you game crash and if yes, is it in the same manner I’ve described?

> 2533274825916259;1:
> In the past 5-6 months that I have consistently been on MCC, I’ve had my game crash every now and then. Lately however, MCC has been crashing like clock work for me as well as friends of mine. A couple of times a night, while loading into a match or usually at around the start; the screen will freeze, I will still have game and party audio for 3 seconds, there will be a stuttering sound, and then the Xbox shuts off. While my Xbox is not an X series or a one X, just a One S this still should not be happening.
>
> To make this worse, a lot of crashes have happened while my friends and I are in ranked, and its practically an automatic L when we lose a player unless the other team are complete cheeks. What I want to know is; How common is this for the rest of the player base? Does you game crash and if yes, is it in the same manner I’ve described?

If you’re having consistent issues it’s probably worth creating a ticket on the support page of waypoint. You’ll be able to get the help you need there I hope.

As for if I’ve experienced anything similar? Not at all. Playing on my Series X without a hiccup. This is the first me or any of my friends have heard of this kind of issue.

Ive had 2 crashes in the past month or so. Both times while firing off the laser, so the game freezes while the read beam is out, then back to dashboard.

> 2533274805881006;3:
> Ive had 2 crashes in the past month or so. Both times while firing off the laser, so the game freezes while the read beam is out, then back to dashboard.

That’s interesting, never heard of the laser specifically crashing games.

Just turn off the skins

> 2535407314877921;5:
> Just turn off the skins

I’m gonna laugh if that’s actually the reason

Now my Xbox crashed while a teammate shot the laser…

I’m on the OG Xbox one and I freeze and the game crashes every once in a while, certain CE maps seem more prone to crashing… Also when I was playing h4 squad battle I froze a couple of times(same thing, freeze with audio glitched out and then crash).

Sounds like just about anything can cause a crash, I wonder if its fixable.

As this appears to be an issue with your game, we recommend heading over to https://aka.ms/HaloSupport for further assistance. Please review the latest known issues and submit a ticket if your issue is not listed.

Thanks!

My friend and I have had this exact issue for the last month or so. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any specific in-game event. The audio starts stuttering/glitching ultra fast and the screen freezes, but I can still talk to him in party chat for a few seconds. After that, my Xbox powers off. Typically happens once per night.

> 2695457991263273;11:
> My friend and I have had this exact issue for the last month or so. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any specific in-game event. The audio starts stuttering/glitching ultra fast and the screen freezes, but I can still talk to him in party chat for a few seconds. After that, my Xbox powers off. Typically happens once per night.

It was the weapon skins for me, since I turned them off I have not had a single crash in the manner I’ve described. It must be very difficult for the older Xbox’s to render all the weapon skins in a given match.

> 2533274825916259;12:
> > 2695457991263273;11:
> > My friend and I have had this exact issue for the last month or so. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any specific in-game event. The audio starts stuttering/glitching ultra fast and the screen freezes, but I can still talk to him in party chat for a few seconds. After that, my Xbox powers off. Typically happens once per night.
>
> It was the weapon skins for me, since I turned them off I have not had a single crash in the manner I’ve described. It must be very difficult for the older Xbox’s to render all the weapon skins in a given match.

I’ll turn them off and see what happens - fingers crossed. Thanks!

This same issue has been happening to me at least 3 times a day. Audio stuttering for 3 seconds while still hearing party chat and then poof, xbox off. Most annoyingly this happened to me while playing regret on laso with a coop buddy so all progress on that is reset! I’m playing on original xbox one 1tb model, with skins enabled. Will have to try turning the skins off, did that work for anyone else?

mine has been doing the same…pretty much every time, at least once when I am on for awhile. i read the one runs better if it is directly plugged in a power outlet and not a surge protector. i made room to get it directly plugged in and with in an hour, crashed…lol the skins may be the reason? i just hope it’s related to the game and not the x box

I’m having the same issue too, even on the Series X. Happened more frequently on my Xbox One but it still happens either to me or my friends, most of which have the Xbox One. Don’t know what to do to solve this and I’ve already submitted a ticket related to my problem involving me or my friends getting booted from matchmaking. They responded by saying it wasn’t a problem with their servers but it was my internet connection…but I had a wired connection. I now use an extender in bridge mode to solve the Double NAT error but I’m still having problems.

> 2533274825916259;1:
> In the past 5-6 months that I have consistently been on MCC, I’ve had my game crash every now and then. Lately however, MCC has been crashing like clock work for me as well as friends of mine. A couple of times a night, while loading into a match or usually at around the start; the screen will freeze, I will still have game and party audio for 3 seconds, there will be a stuttering sound, and then the Xbox shuts off. While my Xbox is not an X series or a one X, just a One S this still should not be happening.
>
> To make this worse, a lot of crashes have happened while my friends and I are in ranked, and its practically an automatic L when we lose a player unless the other team are complete cheeks. What I want to know is; How common is this for the rest of the player base? Does you game crash and if yes, is it in the same manner I’ve described?

I have this happening on my Xbox One X, and it only started after this last update.

> 2535462822507563;17:
> > 2533274825916259;1:
> > In the past 5-6 months that I have consistently been on MCC, I’ve had my game crash every now and then. Lately however, MCC has been crashing like clock work for me as well as friends of mine. A couple of times a night, while loading into a match or usually at around the start; the screen will freeze, I will still have game and party audio for 3 seconds, there will be a stuttering sound, and then the Xbox shuts off. While my Xbox is not an X series or a one X, just a One S this still should not be happening.
> >
> > To make this worse, a lot of crashes have happened while my friends and I are in ranked, and its practically an automatic L when we lose a player unless the other team are complete cheeks. What I want to know is; How common is this for the rest of the player base? Does you game crash and if yes, is it in the same manner I’ve described?
>
> I have this happening on my Xbox One X, and it only started after this last update.

If it is crashing in the manner that I’ve described above than it is 100% weapon skins causing this issue.

TURN OFF WEAPON SKINS…since i have, HAS NOT crashed once!! kinda sucks, skins are cool but def. seemed to be the issue for me…

Great news! I thought my Xbox was dying or overheating. I was getting ready to take it apart and clean it! Glad its just the skins that are causing it.