Paused the game in Halo CE and upon resumption there is no audio whatsoever, not even in cutscenes. This extends to Halo 2 as well as I now have no audio in that at all.
I deleted and reinstalled it last night. The audio did start working however the issue persists with pausing/resuming. Wonder if anybody has encountered this or has a solution?
I have the same problem no audio in halo ce or halo 2 campaign please update how to fix
A mí me pasa lo mismo, pero el audio proviene de campañas cinematográficas en todo el mcc. Hice un informe para halo help en twitter pero no me prestaron atención y aquí parece que no deberíamos buscar ayuda con este error, el lo peor es que esto ha estado sucediendo desde la última actualización
Happens to me as well. I found a minor fix that work only until you pause the game again. Just delete all your save data for the MCC. It’ll synch back up when you start the game. Like I said. You’ll have audio only until you pause the game.
How is a bug like this even existing in the MCC in 2020? Two nights in a row now I have fired up Halo CE on the MCC and have lost all sound and music after pausing. This is ridiculous! How has this not been patched already? I am appreciative of all the work you have been doing and that you did not abandon MCC but stuff like this is a constant reminder that there is still a long way to go before this collection becomes the product we were promised it would be.
Please fix this bug ASAP.
> Paused the game in Halo CE and upon resumption there is no audio whatsoever, not even in cutscenes. This extends to Halo 2 as well as I now have no audio in that at all.
> I deleted and reinstalled it last night. The audio did start working however the issue persists with pausing/resuming. Wonder if anybody has encountered this or has a solution?
Same with me. CE just went out for me last night. They come out with all these patch fixes but are still unaware of THIS issue… everyone nag 343 about this wherever they can can be reached UNTILL THEY FIX IT.
I’m getting a similar issues on PC for both CE and 3. Mine happens during both campaign missions and multiplayer matches. All audio will cut out at random but come back after a few seconds. I don’t need to pause my game to make this bug happen, it just happens at random.
Same here, lost audio after dying not pausing. It’s annoying since it’s a problem I found only in Halo 2 from the beginning (not pausing or anything it just started without audio). Now that I tried the CE these happened. 343 are really bad at doing this, something that was right now it’s screwed. This problem has been on since the december update, so I guess this is not going to be fixed, they really don’t care. And the “fixes” from the users, like deleting your saves, are not really assuring or doesn’t give me confidence at all
I have the same exact issue. I’m on Xbox One with digitally download version. I’ve tried reinstalling, moving from internal to external hard drive, and deleting save data. I’m glad it’s not just me. The only places I’m having no audio is all Halo CE (campaign and multiplayer) and Halo 2 campaign. Halo 2 multiplayer works fine. It’s super frustrating and also scary whenever I get an achievement and the sound from that is louder then I expected. I put in a ticket yesterday but I’m not optimistic about getting much help from that. I’ll reply here if I get any useful information from Halo Support.
Hey guys, do the below that I came up with. It’s fixed it right up for me and others. I posted this in the Halo 2 MCC No Sound forum which has over 100 replies. If this also works for you, maybe the moderators can post it separately at the top of the MCC Support forums so people can see it as a workaround quicker. My audio has worked perfectly everywhere since doing this. Here it is, and you don’t have to own the PC version as well:
THIS IS A FIX FOR ALL XBOX ONLY MCC PLAYERS!!
Hey folks, I 100% can confirm I had the same audio issues start this week. But, I solved it, no PC version needing to also be bought!! A previous poster mentioned about deleting saves, and it works entirely for me now, all games, and not just once! Do this:
Again, I ONLY have the XBox One version.
- If Halo 1 and 2 audio wasn’t working for you after pausing, like myself, I deleted all saved data while online still, even the 4 GB reserved data. I should mention you’ll want to have closed the game beforehand.
- Went offline in settings. Then execute a full restart of the console.
- Once rebooted, the system is still offline. Boot up MCC and the game will say it cannot find save data. This is okay. I booted up both Halo 1 or 2 to test at this point. All audio, cutscenes and all, SHOULD be back now and remain even if you pause and come back.
- Now, while still in game, go back to your settings on console and go back online and let it connect. Going back to the game, audio was still working. I saved and quit. The one thing I did notice though is whichever game you choose to boot this from, mission progress only syncs up on that game and shows how many you’ve completed on that game only.
- All I did at this point was go through each game on MCC and tabbed through the missions on each game. After that, the mission progress for each game came right back for me (number of completed missions). I did the same thing for the cross game play list and that progress all came back, too.
- Now, close the game. Then, boot it back up. At this point, the Xbox will ask you when you load up if you’d like to sync from cloud save or save on this Xbox. Choose this Xbox. I chose the cloud version first and the audio stopped working. Choosing this Xbox save data is critical!
Since doing all of the above my audio is back 100% of the time on all titles. Campaign, multiplayer, you name it! I’ve reloaded and paused many times to assure this worked before posting. The only things I had to set back up is my control scheme for the games and turn subtitles back on, that was it.
The legacy titles team should still release an update that will fix this permanently, so we don’t have to do the above. However, I’m very happy to report that this works for me now, all the time (no Windows version needed!).
Happy gaming, everyone!
Hey guys I’m @APhatSlackeR
I recently started a gaming channel on YouTube and instagram called @PhatCampGaming and I ran into the same problem as you guys as I attempted to record one of my session
I found a method that worked for me and I made a YouTube video on it! Its a quick 10 second fix!! Should get us by till they patch it! Works great!
Check out link below to see how!
Hope it helps you guys out! Rate, Comment, Subscribe and don’t forget to like!!
Follow me on IG @PhatCampGaming
Check out my YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZBwYKsKC73zzhgkBlToALA