MCC broken should it have even been released?

Should the relase of Halo MCC been delayed? Or let the broken game been released. And just enjoy the campaign that sometimes work?

They wouldn’t have known any of these issues if they delayed the launch.

It is not broken… What don’t you understand about the ambition of this title?

It is broken. Not too much ambition either. Fancy graphics that’s it.

I love Halo but the state of matchmaking is a disgrace.

Not seen a single person on here say the issue is resolved but 343 say “fixed”, “greatly improved” for some or now many users. Show me these users then please.

I’ve also had to play through 4 missions twice on H2A after watching terminal 7 and getting put back to title screen. The whole thing is buggy as hell and should never have passed QA.

My biggest gripe is the complete lack of a proper apology. But what the hell, they have our money now

> 2533274831773898;2:
> They wouldn’t have known any of these issues if they delayed the launch.

They would actualy, if they would’ve test it longer enough they would’ve catch all the minor bugs. As most people say it’s a ‘‘disgrace’’ to the players who paid for a game that is ‘‘broken’’ some say. Yes it needs improvement, but you have to keep in head it’s a 4in1 game. It’s a big game, no compagny ever made some kind of stuff. PLease be patient and let them fix the problems one by one :slight_smile:

Enjoy your stay,
Un handicaper

Relax guys just like handicaper said its a big game its bound to have issues at launch but think about how amazing of a game it is when its fixed up soon and how much fun we will have we will forget all about this or we wont forget but it wont bother us anymore we will finally have true halo back and for many years to come! im frustrated also but we gotta relax and wait theres nothing we can do right now except give useful feedback :slight_smile:

> 2533274883357518;6:
> Relax guys just like handicaper said its a big game its bound to have issues at launch but think about how amazing of a game it is when its fixed up soon and how much fun we will have we will forget all about this or we wont forget but it wont bother us anymore we will finally have true halo back and for many years to come! im frustrated also but we gotta relax and wait theres nothing we can do right now except give useful feedback :slight_smile:

Usefull feedback. It looks like custom games work. Whats the difference between those and MM games. I reckon if they slashed the playlists to 1 team playlist and 1 FFA until issues are fixed it would be easier to fix.d.

As for thinking about !How amazing the game will be" I’d rather think how good it would be to get my money back, buy COD AW and wait until MCC is fixed. I never bought COD on release but wish I did now

> 2533274801111401;5:
> > 2533274831773898;2:
> > They wouldn’t have known any of these issues if they delayed the launch.
>
>
>
> They would actualy, if they would’ve test it longer enough they would’ve catch all the minor bugs. As most people say it’s a ‘‘disgrace’’ to the players who paid for a game that is ‘‘broken’’ some say. Yes it needs improvement, but you have to keep in head it’s a 4in1 game. It’s a big game, no compagny ever made some kind of stuff. PLease be patient and let them fix the problems one by one :slight_smile:
>
> Enjoy your stay,
> Un handicaper

Please stop saying that ‘it’s a 4in1 game’ as defense for an Alpha release.
Updated graphics on ONE game.
Everything else is a cut and paste job, except the matchmaking and UI.
And MM is so buggy it wouldn’t pass as a Beta.

Even the greatest ideas fail without proper execution.
Start looking at what successful content creators do, ditch the MS ‘yes men’, and impress us.

These are major issues, you need to ‘come clean’ with the workload and communicate with your testers.
That is the only way to rebuild the trust we had with Bungie.
Plus, get this working and it buys you all the time in the World to get H5 working right.
After keeping us on client side hosting for two years with H4, to save money, YOU OWE US!

> 2533274792408834;3:
> It is not broken… What don’t you understand about the ambition of this title?

Sarcasm kills…Covered in SouthPark.

> 2533274852968937;7:
> > 2533274883357518;6:
> > Relax guys just like handicaper said its a big game its bound to have issues at launch but think about how amazing of a game it is when its fixed up soon and how much fun we will have we will forget all about this or we wont forget but it wont bother us anymore we will finally have true halo back and for many years to come! im frustrated also but we gotta relax and wait theres nothing we can do right now except give useful feedback :slight_smile:
>
>
> Usefull feedback. It looks like custom games work. Whats the difference between those and MM games. I reckon if they slashed the playlists to 1 team playlist and 1 FFA until issues are fixed it would be easier to fix.d.
>
> As for thinking about !How amazing the game will be" I’d rather think how good it would be to get my money back, buy COD AW and wait until MCC is fixed. I never bought COD on release but wish I did now

Customs have their own server.
It’s called somebody’s XBone.

> 2533274792408834;3:
> It is not broken… What don’t you understand about the ambition of this title?

0/10 apply yourself

No. They released it early for sentiment to Halo 2’s release date.

Sentimental dates come once, but fixes can be done at any time.

Besides, at this point, you’re doing the same thing you would be if it were delayed - waiting for it to be fixed. So, if you want, you can happily think of it as delayed, and avoid the insults and mindless insanity against 343I.

> 2533274974033696;12:
> No. They released it early for sentiment to Halo 2’s release date.
>
> Sentimental dates come once, but fixes can be done at any time.
>
> Besides, at this point, you’re doing the same thing you would be if it were delayed - waiting for it to be fixed. So, if you want, you can happily think of it as delayed, and avoid the insults and mindless insanity against 343I.

I’ll try and write this in a way you will understand :slight_smile:

Here goes…

Yes, you’re right. However, had it actually been delayed, I would have 60$ to put towards a working game or something else. Its not about insulting 343i, it’s people voicing their disappointment and frustration, which they are completely in the right to do such. Especially after the CU that was supposed to make MM playable. The fact that you’re not upset and continue to blindly support 343i, even after the CU has failed, is quite unsettling… I’m not sure what to make of it.

Your argument, along with everyone on that side of the fence, was to be patient… They will fix it… This update will fix things for everyone. Now you’re all back saying again… Guys, you have no right to get mad, be patient. The next update, that one will make the game playable.
Unfortunately, while it was ridiculous to begin with, it’s now getting to the point of sheer **incompetence.**Hope I wrote that so you could understand. Have a great day!

Oh, and by the way, sentimental dates come but once and fixes can be made any time… It’s that horse -Yoink- attitude that many game developers have adopted recently and it’s exactly why we are in this problem to begin with.

> 2533274831773898;2:

Jesus…how could they NOT have known of these issues prior to release? They hire these groups or companies to TEST the games prior to release. It’d be madness not to do so. They also have the capacity to test the multiplayer environment as well within their own networks. Unless, of course (and I extremely doubt this) they only tested the game on PCs - not actual Xbones - and ran multiplayer tests on an entirely different environment to XBL. MS knew. They launched regardless because they needed to push both the product and potential new Xbone sales. And they succeeded in that regard, at the cost of trust in 343i and the future viability of the franchise. They may even be so bold as to lay the blame entirely on 343i, fire off some people and later announce they’ll hand over the franchise to a “new” developer studio that may be comprised of the exact same people currently working on H5.

> 2533274831773898;2:

They would if they tested it for 20 minutes, these problems are so common and so easy to reproduce it is clear they did not test their game.

> 2533274974033696;12:
> No. They released it early for sentiment to Halo 2’s release date.
>
> Sentimental dates come once, but fixes can be done at any time.
>
> Besides, at this point, you’re doing the same thing you would be if it were delayed - waiting for it to be fixed. So, if you want, you can happily think of it as delayed, and avoid the insults and mindless insanity against 343I.

The MCC and Pokemon ORAS both release in November and I need money for gas and food as well, just for MCC I decided to wake up earlier every day of November and make my own sandwiches rather than picking them up from PANOS in the morning for the entire month just so I can afford those 2 and on top of that do a larger part of my commute is done on foot instead of with my car meaning waking even earlier up, was it worth it?
Absolutely not, MCC is just an insult to its fans, at the very least they could have said there would be bugs as there is no way in hell these were not found during testing, then I would have waited another month before buying it and I did not have to go to college in the early freezing cold.

I think they really pushed it to get it released on the day and date of the 10 year anniversary.

The thing is, I think if they’d asked us, most of us would have preferred they hold it back another month or two to get a relatively bug-free release.

Saying that, if they had done that, some of the morons on here would almost certainly have thrown an equally childish fit, and slated 343 for not releasing it sooner. :confused:

> 2533274821210403;13:
> > 2533274974033696;12:
> > No. They released it early for sentiment to Halo 2’s release date.
> >
> > Sentimental dates come once, but fixes can be done at any time.
> >
> > Besides, at this point, you’re doing the same thing you would be if it were delayed - waiting for it to be fixed. So, if you want, you can happily think of it as delayed, and avoid the insults and mindless insanity against 343I.
>
>
> I’ll try and write this in a way you will understand :slight_smile:
>
> Here goes…
>
> Yes, you’re right. However, had it actually been delayed, I would have 60$ to put towards a working game or something else. Its not about insulting 343i, it’s people voicing their disappointment and frustration, which they are completely in the right to do such. Especially after the CU that was supposed to make MM playable. The fact that you’re not upset and continue to blindly support 343i, even after the CU has failed, is quite unsettling… I’m not sure what to make of it.
>
> Your argument, along with everyone on that side of the fence, was to be patient… They will fix it… This update will fix things for everyone. Now you’re all back saying again… Guys, you have no right to get mad, be patient. The next update, that one will make the game playable.
> Unfortunately, while it was ridiculous to begin with, it’s now getting to the point of sheer **incompetence.**Hope I wrote that so you could understand. Have a great day!
>
> Oh, and by the way, sentimental dates come but once and fixes can be made any time… It’s that horse -Yoink- attitude that many game developers have adopted recently and it’s exactly why we are in this problem to begin with.

I ‘defend’ 343I, because I would defend any company - I’m not one to complain just because something doesn’t go my way.

That, and 80% of the game works just fine for me, including MM - I can get 3-4 matches in at a time, in the span of 1 hour.

I still don’t think patience is ridiculous. You can sit it on your shelf and wait. It isn’t like you have an craving, an addiction to play the game. You want to play it, but you aren’t starving for it.

Sentiment is important. I am just fine with it, as I said, fixes can come at any time - and we’re waiting the EXACT SAME WAY we would be, if it were delayed, anyway.

> 2533274811659718;15:
> > 2533274831773898;2:
> > They wouldn’t have known any of these issues if they delayed the launch.
>
>
>
> They would if they tested it for 20 minutes, these problems are so common and so easy to reproduce it is clear they did not test their game.
>
> > 2533274974033696;12:
> > No. They released it early for sentiment to Halo 2’s release date.
> >
> > Sentimental dates come once, but fixes can be done at any time.
> >
> > Besides, at this point, you’re doing the same thing you would be if it were delayed - waiting for it to be fixed. So, if you want, you can happily think of it as delayed, and avoid the insults and mindless insanity against 343I.
>
>
> The MCC and Pokemon ORAS both release in November and I need money for gas and food as well, just for MCC I decided to wake up earlier every day of November and make my own sandwiches rather than picking them up from PANOS in the morning for the entire month just so I can afford those 2 and on top of that do a larger part of my commute is done on foot instead of with my car meaning waking even earlier up, was it worth it?
> Absolutely not, MCC is just an insult to its fans, at the very least they could have said there would be bugs as there is no way in hell these were not found during testing, then I would have waited another month before buying it and I did not have to go to college in the early freezing cold.

343I never made you do that. You chose to do that. And while that is a very fan-oriented pursuit, again, it was your choice.

MCC will be fixed, and it will be playable. Your time and money will not be wasted, it has merely been set aside for when it’s fixed.

It should not have been released and tested on a larger scale prior to the launch. People are saying that they wouldn’t know about the bugs if they didn’t release it but that’s what a beta is for. Regardless of what you tell yourself, they -Yoinked!- up.

> 2533274919531739;18:
> It should not have been released and tested on a larger scale prior to the launch. People are saying that they wouldn’t know about the bugs if they didn’t release it but that’s what a beta is for. Regardless of what you tell yourself, they -Yoinked!- up.

I don’t doubt that they -Yoinked!- up, but I DO doubt the fans’ responses.

The game is broken, they’re fixing it, there is NO point to hating anymore. It isn’t like hating the game now is going to fix it back in the past before it released. It’s happened, it’s over, now all we can do is patiently wait.

I am so sick of people defending 343 because “this has never been done before”.
Stop you sound so dumb. The game is a -Yoink!- that should not have been released. It’s nearly a reprint (or should have been) ffs.