Maybe use some constructive criticism?

First of all, sorry to carry on the negativity with the forums but maybe this advice would be of use to the ragers out there.

I noticed someone posted a video from ‘The Halo Council’ and it was a discussion about what makes Halo 4 bad and the such. THIS is how you deal with your problems about the new game. All these hate topics on the forum seem to outshine the other peaceful topics that are worth spending time talking about.

So heres some advice:

DON’T POST HATE TOPICS - A) ITS ALREADY BEEN DONE B) ALL YOU DO IS BOOST YOUR CYBER EGO WITH THE OTHER RAGERS

Look for the topics where polls are being held and where people DISCUSS whats wrong not just throwing “-Yoink-”'s around. Imagine being a part of 343i, you just worked your butt off creating a (in my opinion) great game, and all you get for it is the fan base throwing it back at you. Forget about the whole Halo 2/3 memories you have and look at how great the game is on its own, as you use some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM the Halo goodness will weave itself back into the game.

BIGGEST TIP OF ALL - If you want to say how much better Halo 2 was, then say WHY! People just mention “Halo 2” constantly without giving reasons why it was better. This is exactly like the people who say “The original Star Wars films are better” and dont explain why, stop following the crowd maybe?

Rant over :slight_smile:

(P.S I don’t mean to cause hate against me or any arguements, it just needed to be said)

Agreed, this nostalgic raging fanbase is irritating me.

Halo 4 is 343’s first halo game, and given that it’s amazing.

> Agreed, this nostalgic raging fanbase is irritating me.
>
> Halo 4 is 343’s first halo game, and given that it’s amazing.

It’s a bit less impressive when;

1. A lot of people are calling it a “Beta we had to pay for”, which doesn’t send good signals.

2. They have the basis of all the previous Halo games to work on and learn from. That’s like telling to do something and then giving them the class genius’ notes to copy from.

3. Despite all the rage threads, hate and fanboygasms, there are groups of long-term Halo players who, collectively, probably have a pretty good knowledge of what the majority do and do not like from observation over the years. Yet more information that could easily have been looked at.

4. A lot of the common complaints seem to be stuff that got changed radically from previous Halo’s (Instant respawn, kill-cams, Ordnance, etc). A common-sense, no-cost tactic would have been ‘If it’s not broken, don’t try and fix it’. Having your ‘own vision for the franchise’ is all well and good, but that’s NO good if it reduces your previously-fanbase to civil war level rage spewing.

5. Personal opinion one here, the armour designs, enemy re-designs and sound-track don’t feel like Halo. There’s no Halo theme, no gregorian chant to set the spine tingling, they made all the Covenant look like mini-dinosaurs and made all the Spartans look like Crysis rip-offs. It looks and sounds wrong…which is really annoying when it’s for NO other reason that ‘We want this to be our game’.
    It’s not just ‘your game’. It’s Halo. If you want to be a part of that, then there are rules you have to play by, 343…

> Agreed, this nostalgic raging fanbase is irritating me.
>
> Halo 4 is 343’s first halo game, and given that it’s amazing.

You do know that almost every dev at 343 has worked in the industry for at least one year, right? Given that, this $60 beta is an absolute joke.