Maybe too much complaining about Reach?

Let me explain myself first.
I also notice that the gameplay is not perfect, and pointing it out is our obligation. But , every time a thread is opened, I see too many people complaining about how the games is based on luck, or so they say.
The themes are the same, I’m listing the more famous ones:

-Armour Abilities: mostly Armour Lock’s EMP and duration, Active Camouflage’s radar jamming, and Jetpack concept itself.

-Bloom: in general or on the DMR, is continuously mentioned.

-Grenades Power: it’s almost self-explanatory. Are often mentioned as “Mini Nukes”.

-Canonically issues: between the game and the novel The Fall of Reach.

Now, when I’m glad that people give their toughs about how the game could be better, more competitive, or just more fun. But, this is going way too far; I feel that most of the times people is raging on almost all the topic that have to do with new gameplay, or the incoming Title Update; or, simply creating ones that can be perfectly named: “OMGZ,THIS GAMEZ IZ SO BRUKENZ. I TOTALLY HAS PWND THAT NOOBZ.”

I’m not going to say those problems are not there, I also agree that they need to be changed for better, but I also think that 343 industries has already listened to us. And I’m sure that they’ve already took notes about what we want, and also notes of what we need.

My thoughts are that people are repeating themselves too much. And overreacting.

Ironically, I’ve also mentioned the “problems”, even without being that my objective.

Maybe a little off topic, (even when I made it, yes)
I remember reading somewhere that Halo: Reach is not just a update to the Halo franchise, is a whole new game in the Halo universe. And it needs a new approach.

Take the game as a sword, and you’ve always used a spear. If you loose with the sword, it’s sword’s fault because it doesn’t look like a spear at all?

My approach to the game is based on rock, paper, scissors.
Let me explain myself, is based on /something/wins /something/ and loses against /something/.
For example, the so hated AL; wins to melee, and loses against range weapons.
Or Jetpack, wins map control and loses against, well, I don’t know a word to describe it, bu it means that it turns you in an easy target.

With blooms is something different for me. If I loose against a spammer, it’s something I take in care for the next encounter, I give it a more strategical point of view. It means that the way I’ve approached the enemy is wrong, that next time I need to use ground advantage, ether than rushing to the enemy and turning a team first person shooter in a Samurai-ish sacred, close range 1vs1 fight.

But that’s just me, I repeat, there are gameplay “problems”, but that doesn’t make it the Worst Halo Game Ever, it makes it the Most Different Halo Game Ever Made.

Of course, that’s just my opinion, and I know that’s just don’t make it true. But that’s just my perception of the things.

Also this is my first thread, and because I’m treating with a difficult topic, I’m going to tolerate, every kind of comment, and also I’m expecting a flamebath, but it’s okay, I forgive you. >:stuck_out_tongue:

I can go longer, maybe I will.

: “OMGZ, R34CH IZ SO BRUKENZ. I TOTALLY HAS PWND THAT NOOBZ.” Thats how i feel alot :confused:

> : “OMGZ, R34CH IZ SO BRUKENZ. I TOTALLY HAS PWND THAT NOOBZ.” Thats how i feel alot :confused:

You’re not alone, but I actually don’t think so. Thanks for commenting.

Maybe? No.

MOST DEFINITELY there is too much complaining about Reach.

> Maybe? No.
>
> MOST DEFINITELY there is too much complaining about Reach.

It definitely deserved the complaints.

Just like its predecessors, I love Reach and have NO problems with it. There, I said it.

Tbh, if any Halo game was based on luck, it was Halo 3. Basically it feels like if I get into a 1 v 1 fight the person with the better connection always won the match. Bungie improved Halo’s multiplayer with Reach a great deal. It feels so much more balanced than the past Halo games. I’m not saying that there aren’t flaws, but I feel that Reach just has the best multiplayer of any Halo title. What I don’t understand is all the complaints about Armor Lock. Sure, they’re completely annoying if you’re 1 v 1-ing someone and they decide to spam it, but just work around it! Chuck a load of grenades at 'em! Shoot 'em with a tank! The more damage you take while in a locked state, the faster the loadout depletes. I know that the Jetpack can also be annoying sometimes; I’m not particularly a fan of it. (Personally, my favorite loadout is Evade, but I go for Sprint if Evade isn’t a choice.) But you can work around that too. Usually a Jetpacker will only go up. They can be very easy to kill. Just bounce around on the ground in multiple directions and keep your reticle on them. It’s harder to aim while you’re jetpacking. And there’s a way around the Active Camo’s jammer too. Look in the center of all the red dots spamming up the motion tracker and chuck a grenade. They’ll die (Maybe.) I don’t fel the need to comment on the whole “Mini Nuke” thing, because I don’t think that the grenades in Reach are any different than in the past Halo games. What I’m trying to type here is that there is always a strategy to kill those Amor Lockers, Jetpackers, and Invisibles. So why complain about it?

> Tbh, if any Halo game was based on luck, it was Halo 3. Basically it feels like if I get into a 1 v 1 fight the person with the better connection always won the match. Bungie improved Halo’s multiplayer with Reach a great deal. It feels so much more balanced than the past Halo games. I’m not saying that there aren’t flaws, but I feel that Reach just has the best multiplayer of any Halo title. What I don’t understand is all the complaints about Armor Lock. Sure, they’re completely annoying if you’re 1 v 1-ing someone and they decide to spam it, but just work around it! Chuck a load of grenades at 'em! Shoot 'em with a tank! The more damage you take while in a locked state, the faster the loadout depletes. I know that the Jetpack can also be annoying sometimes; I’m not particularly a fan of it. (Personally, my favorite loadout is Evade, but I go for Sprint if Evade isn’t a choice.) But you can work around that too. Usually a Jetpacker will only go up. They can be very easy to kill. Just bounce around on the ground in multiple directions and keep your reticle on them. It’s harder to aim while you’re jetpacking. And there’s a way around the Active Camo’s jammer too. Look in the center of all the red dots spamming up the motion tracker and chuck a grenade. They’ll die (Maybe.) I don’t fel the need to comment on the whole “Mini Nuke” thing, because I don’t think that the grenades in Reach are any different than in the past Halo games. What I’m trying to type here is that there is always a strategy to kill those Amor Lockers, Jetpackers, and Invisibles. So why complain about it?

I think Bungie failed at realizing in Reach that people are humans. There are the people who want to have fun, they don’ exploit bugs or unbalanced gameplay mechanics like Armorlock in CQB and there are also the idiots (the majority of the playerbase in every game). They will use every glich,bug,unbalanced gamemechanic so they can win.
Reach is often really fun at custom games with friends in splitscreen,because they play to have a good time but matchmaking is totally terrible and broken.

> > Maybe? No.
> >
> > MOST DEFINITELY there is too much complaining about Reach.
>
> It definitely deserved the complaints.

I allowed myself to edit a bit your post, as you say, it deserved it, but now I think that everyone, including the developers know that’s going on. Now, to me, it’s just getting between the good topics that are actually on the forum, and it’s repetitive and boring to me. There are a lot topic that can be called: “Thing we hate about Reach”. The first 10 threads were okay, but now it’s just annoying. To me.

Reach was made for casual gamers. I don’t mind Reach but they tried to change from Halo 3 so much it developed a ton of flaws

> I think Bungie failed at realizing in Reach that people are humans. There are the people who want to have fun, they don’ exploit bugs or unbalanced gameplay mechanics like Armorlock in CQB and there are also the idiots (the majority of the playerbase in every game). They will use every glich,bug,unbalanced gamemechanic so they can win.
> Reach is often really fun at custom games with friends in splitscreen,because they play to have a good time but matchmaking is totally terrible and broken.

I understand what you say completely. Nobody likes the players who exploit game glitches and flawed mechanics. I would prefer being able to play with people who play the game fairly and have fun doing it.

HOWEVER:

I can say with complete certianty that I have loads of fun owning people who exploit the game with my humble Sprint and Evade loadouts. :smiley:

> Reach was made for casual gamers. I don’t mind Reach but they tried to change from Halo 3 so much it developed a ton of flaws

basically they tried to fix something that wasnt broken. and it dosent help that the campaign story sucks.

Personally I think reach sucks and at the same time it is great, heres why:

The covies look like covies (looking at you CE, though I know that was technical problems/advancement)(Brutes did this in H3 as well with their jump-packs, It just didn’t look covie)

The graphics are literally amazing - they beat every FPS title on xbox, ever

problems:

Bloom: yes I know this is complained about but it really needs nerfing why; becuse it makes it harder for everyone who is less than perfect, I have dislexia (spelling) and tracking the DMR retical is incredibly annoying and will often cause me to loose DMR duels because I can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

The Halo feeling: I just didn’t feel it in campaign it just felt to ‘now’

the DMR: the greatest mistake is making a semi-auto weapon in halo why again; it has no range limit, the BR was a mid-extended range weapon but was always bested by the sniper forcing you to not ‘run up the centre’ In reach there is no diverse reaction. A single reaction results off each weapon making them bland

Just some of my ideas on the matter; if you would like to know more ask via PM or in the thread

-Scotty

> Just like its predecessors, I love Reach and have NO problems with it. There, I said it.

Right there with you.

Reach isn’t perfect. There are aspects of the game that need to be addressed, but the game isn’t unplayable or broken like some claim.

Too much complaining? Sure. But we all know the facts, we like to complain louder than we like to praise, and the figures on how many of the complainers are still playing reach really speak for themselves. Alot of people are having fun with the game, just gotta focus on that XD

no there is just enough complaining. the game has problems. Thats not just my opinion. Tons of people left halo for cod or just stopped playing halo all together when reach came out

> no there is just enough complaining. the game has problems. Thats not just my opinion. Tons of people left halo for cod or just stopped playing halo all together when reach came out

And what about the people that have quit COD and came back to Reach? COD isn’t a perfect game either from what I hear.

Fact is no game is perfect. With all the new abilities, weapons, features, and traits that can be applied it’s really difficult to cater to everyone and give them all what they want. There’s always someone who will hate and someone who will love the same thing.

The simpler the game, the better.

Well, I think people get vocal when they are passionate about something. I would be more concerned if no one was saying anything. How does the saying go? “It’s better to be reviled than ignored” …or something like that. I am glad people are still passionate about Halo, that means more Halo for me . :wink:
Nothing can really be all things to all people, but I have enjoyed every iteration of Halo for various reasons. I think there are certain things people latch onto and that is their definition of Halo. If a game changes a little of what they consider Halo, they get upset but I think it just shows how strongly people feel about the franchise. People feeling passionate about Halo can only be a good thing, IMO.

Reach
When I can no longer find the same enjoyment I had in past multiplayer experiences due to developmental decisions, especially within a game heralded as the best in the franchise or the definitive version, I will “complain” that something is not quite right with said game.

As for everyone else, I will not speak for the others who “complain” in a different fashion than my own. Civilized criticism and debate are ideas that few seem to normally practice via online message boards. That is the way of the Internet, I suppose.

-Always Hope

> Let me explain myself first.
> I also notice that the gameplay is not perfect, and pointing it out is our obligation. But , every time a thread is opened, I see too many people complaining about how the games is based on luck, or so they say.
> The themes are the same, I’m listing the more famous ones:
>
> -Armour Abilities: mostly Armour Lock’s EMP and duration, Active Camouflage’s radar jamming, and Jetpack concept itself.
>
> -Bloom: in general or on the DMR, is continuously mentioned.
>
> -Grenades Power: it’s almost self-explanatory. Are often mentioned as “Mini Nukes”.
>
> -Canonically issues: between the game and the novel The Fall of Reach.
>
> Now, when I’m glad that people give their toughs about how the game could be better, more competitive, or just more fun. But, this is going way too far; I feel that most of the times people is raging on almost all the topic that have to do with new gameplay, or the incoming Title Update; or, simply creating ones that can be perfectly named: “OMGZ,THIS GAMEZ IZ SO BRUKENZ. I TOTALLY HAS PWND THAT NOOBZ.”
>
> I’m not going to say those problems are not there, I also agree that they need to be changed for better, but I also think that 343 industries has already listened to us. And I’m sure that they’ve already took notes about what we want, and also notes of what we need.
>
> My thoughts are that people are repeating themselves too much. And overreacting.
>
> Ironically, I’ve also mentioned the “problems”, even without being that my objective.
>
> Maybe a little off topic, (even when I made it, yes)
> I remember reading somewhere that Halo: Reach is not just a update to the Halo franchise, is a whole new game in the Halo universe. And it needs a new approach.
>
> Take the game as a sword, and you’ve always used a spear. If you loose with the sword, it’s sword’s fault because it doesn’t look like a spear at all?
>
> My approach to the game is based on rock, paper, scissors.
> Let me explain myself, is based on /something/wins /something/ and loses against /something/.
> For example, the so hated AL; wins to melee, and loses against range weapons.
> Or Jetpack, wins map control and loses against, well, I don’t know a word to describe it, bu it means that it turns you in an easy target.
>
> With blooms is something different for me. If I loose against a spammer, it’s something I take in care for the next encounter, I give it a more strategical point of view. It means that the way I’ve approached the enemy is wrong, that next time I need to use ground advantage, ether than rushing to the enemy and turning a team first person shooter in a Samurai-ish sacred, close range 1vs1 fight.
>
> But that’s just me, I repeat, there are gameplay “problems”, but that doesn’t make it the Worst Halo Game Ever, it makes it the Most Different Halo Game Ever Made.
>
> Of course, that’s just my opinion, and I know that’s just don’t make it true. But that’s just my perception of the things.
>
> Also this is my first thread, and because I’m treating with a difficult topic, I’m going to tolerate, every kind of comment, and also I’m expecting a flamebath, but it’s okay, I forgive you. >:stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I can go longer, maybe I will.

Amen, I am sick and tired of hearing complaining about Reach, no game is perfect but I feel that Reach is a pretty darn great game.