Maybe the only reason Halo 5 will have a beta

Microsoft seems to be panicking and trying to recover from all the negativity on the Xbox One. To help with sales they could force 343i to make a beta whether they want to or not.

Microsoft wouldn’t be forcing them to do it to make the game better though, it would probably be done just so people want an Xbox One to play Halo 5 early.

I personally believe Halo 5 doesn’t necessarily need a beta. Halo 4 should be more than enough to learn from and beta’s imo tend to take the initial wow fun factor out of the game.

> Microsoft seems to be panicking and trying to recover from all the negativity on the Xbox One. To help with sales they could force 343i to make a beta whether they want to or not.
>
> Microsoft wouldn’t be forcing them to do it to make the game better though, it would probably be done just so people want an Xbox One to play Halo 5 early.
>
> I personally believe Halo 5 doesn’t necessarily need a beta. Halo 4 should be more than enough to learn from and beta’s imo tend to take the initial wow fun factor out of the game.

I strongly disagree with your reasoning, however your initial point is correct. 343 should have a Halo 5 beta, but it wont have any bearing from -Yoink!- based on X1 sales. At all. It needs a beta so we dont have another Halo 4 mishap.

Even if a beta happens, it wouldnt be until roughly 6 months into the X1’s lifecycle. Yes, a beta for H5 would more than likely boost sales of the X1, but it wouldnt be directly. Most of the sales boosts would come just from an announcement ir even a bundle X1 with Halo 5.

Each game is different and even if the core structure is the same, each iteration is still very much more different than the last. Betas help eliminate bugs, glitches, and offer constructive criticism through community feedback. It worked for Halo 3, as well as Reach, and without it for Halo 4; look at the destruction and outrage the final product caused.

Im sorry, but open public betas are the way to go.

> > Microsoft seems to be panicking and trying to recover from all the negativity on the Xbox One. To help with sales they could force 343i to make a beta whether they want to or not.
> >
> > Microsoft wouldn’t be forcing them to do it to make the game better though, it would probably be done just so people want an Xbox One to play Halo 5 early.
> >
> > I personally believe Halo 5 doesn’t necessarily need a beta. Halo 4 should be more than enough to learn from and beta’s imo tend to take the initial wow fun factor out of the game.
>
> I strongly disagree with your reasoning, however your initial point is correct. 343 should have a Halo 5 beta, but it wont have any bearing from -Yoink!- based on X1 sales. At all. It needs a beta so we dont have another Halo 4 mishap.
>
> Even if a beta happens, it wouldnt be until roughly 6 months into the X1’s lifecycle. Yes, a beta for H5 would more than likely boost sales of the X1, but it wouldnt be directly. Most of the sales boosts would come just from an announcement ir even a bundle X1 with Halo 5.
>
> Each game is different and even if the core structure is the same, each iteration is still very much more different than the last. Betas help eliminate bugs, glitches, and offer constructive criticism through community feedback. It worked for Halo 3, as well as Reach, and without it for Halo 4; look at the destruction and outrage the final product caused.
>
> Im sorry, but open public betas are the way to go.

Halo Reach had a beta and everyone hated that game. Maybe a beta can’t solve all of a game’s problems. It couldn’t hurt but I don’t think you can doom a game to failure if it doesn’t have a beta.

> > > Microsoft seems to be panicking and trying to recover from all the negativity on the Xbox One. To help with sales they could force 343i to make a beta whether they want to or not.
> > >
> > > Microsoft wouldn’t be forcing them to do it to make the game better though, it would probably be done just so people want an Xbox One to play Halo 5 early.
> > >
> > > I personally believe Halo 5 doesn’t necessarily need a beta. Halo 4 should be more than enough to learn from and beta’s imo tend to take the initial wow fun factor out of the game.
> >
> > I strongly disagree with your reasoning, however your initial point is correct. 343 should have a Halo 5 beta, but it wont have any bearing from -Yoink!- based on X1 sales. At all. It needs a beta so we dont have another Halo 4 mishap.
> >
> > Even if a beta happens, it wouldnt be until roughly 6 months into the X1’s lifecycle. Yes, a beta for H5 would more than likely boost sales of the X1, but it wouldnt be directly. Most of the sales boosts would come just from an announcement ir even a bundle X1 with Halo 5.
> >
> > Each game is different and even if the core structure is the same, each iteration is still very much more different than the last. Betas help eliminate bugs, glitches, and offer constructive criticism through community feedback. It worked for Halo 3, as well as Reach, and without it for Halo 4; look at the destruction and outrage the final product caused.
> >
> > Im sorry, but open public betas are the way to go.
>
> Halo Reach had a beta and everyone hated that game. Maybe a beta can’t solve all of a game’s problems. It couldn’t hurt but I don’t think you can doom a game to failure if it doesn’t have a beta.

Betas will (almost) always have a positive impact on a game. Reach from the start just wasn’t great. I think we would have solved a lot of H4s problems with a Beta (Fixing weapon tuning, custom games, forge, etc.)

> > > > Microsoft seems to be panicking and trying to recover from all the negativity on the Xbox One. To help with sales they could force 343i to make a beta whether they want to or not.
> > > >
> > > > Microsoft wouldn’t be forcing them to do it to make the game better though, it would probably be done just so people want an Xbox One to play Halo 5 early.
> > > >
> > > > I personally believe Halo 5 doesn’t necessarily need a beta. Halo 4 should be more than enough to learn from and beta’s imo tend to take the initial wow fun factor out of the game.
> > >
> > > I strongly disagree with your reasoning, however your initial point is correct. 343 should have a Halo 5 beta, but it wont have any bearing from -Yoink!- based on X1 sales. At all. It needs a beta so we dont have another Halo 4 mishap.
> > >
> > > Even if a beta happens, it wouldnt be until roughly 6 months into the X1’s lifecycle. Yes, a beta for H5 would more than likely boost sales of the X1, but it wouldnt be directly. Most of the sales boosts would come just from an announcement ir even a bundle X1 with Halo 5.
> > >
> > > Each game is different and even if the core structure is the same, each iteration is still very much more different than the last. Betas help eliminate bugs, glitches, and offer constructive criticism through community feedback. It worked for Halo 3, as well as Reach, and without it for Halo 4; look at the destruction and outrage the final product caused.
> > >
> > > Im sorry, but open public betas are the way to go.
> >
> > Halo Reach had a beta and everyone hated that game. Maybe a beta can’t solve all of a game’s problems. It couldn’t hurt but I don’t think you can doom a game to failure if it doesn’t have a beta.
>
> Betas will (almost) always have a positive impact on a game. Reach from the start just wasn’t great. I think we would have solved a lot of H4s problems with a Beta (Fixing weapon tuning, custom games, forge, etc.)

The most a beta for Halo 4 could have done has already been done with the weapon tuning update. Custom games and forge probably wouldn’t be in a beta.