Maybe the Didact isn't the ancient evil?

Spoilers below, but most probably know thi already…

It’s kind of long.

So, as most of you know, the sign at the end of the E3 demo is the sign of the Didact. After hearing that the Didact hates humans, I figured that the Timeless One was no longer the ancient evil, and, honestly, I was upset. Now, however, not so much.

“I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer.” We all know this quote as the line said at the end of the E3 demo as the sign of the Didact rotated on our television sets or PCs. I started to think that the Didact has been waiting to kill the Reclaimer for some reason. I started to think that this may not be true.

Perhaps the Didact has been waiting for us because he needed assistance with something. Could he need help defeating the Timeless One? Perhaps the reason there are red Prometheans is because the Timeless One has hacked them and turned them against the others and the Didact and the blue ones are still under the Didact’s control. The Timeless One may be overpowering the Didact and he needs Chief’s help to defeat the Timeless One. Could this be possible? I started thinkng that maybe Requiem was built to trap the Timeless One inside so that he could never harm anyone or recreate the Flood again (I know he didn’t make it - or did he - but the Precursors did) and Reqiuem’s location far outside the galaxy may be a way the Forerunners tried to keep anyone from finding it and accidently releasing the Timeless One. Perhaps the Didact is in Requiem because he was chosen to watch over the Timeless One and keep him from escaping. If the Flood is gone, why would a Forerunner be an enemy?

One thing I just thought of is that the Didact’s sign was red in the E3 demo, so does that mean he controls the red Prometheans? If so, then who controls the blue ones? I’ve read that Cortana may control those, and that is possible, but where and how would the Timeless One come in? Surely he/it will be in the Reclaimer trilogy somewhere. I mean, he’s the last Precursor. He must be somewhere out there.

Thoughts?

he isn’t if he wanted to kill the chief he couldve when he scanned him. the promethians are most likely a test. or merly acting as the “clean up crew” of things that shouldn’t be there. based on what we know about the didact it seems like hes turning a new leaf. he will most likely be an ally at some point.

The Timeless one is dead. He also wasn’t the last Precursor, their are others outside of the galaxy. Assuming he wasn’t lying when he said this to the Didact.

Requiem is a prison, housing the last reape - er…I mean precursor (the real one, the timeless one was merely an avatar if you will). After firing the rings 100,000 years ago, Didact and the prometheans (and their flood fighting constructs, mass produced during the forerunner-flood war) vowed to guard the prison forever, after all, the precursor vowed to return and test humanity and threaten the galaxy (universe?) once again, 100 centuries later. All the time spent guarding it has left Didact indoctrinated…evil. Graveminds are avatars of the precursor - conduits from which it speaks and controls the flood, much like the TO was. We saw that the precursor (via the TO and the gravemind from Halo 2/3) is a wordsmith, and can corrupt anything it speaks to. Mendicant bias was swayed after 40 years. Cortana was going crazy after a few weeks. Now Didact has spent 100,000 years in its vicinity. Even if he was in, say, a cryptum, the Precursor has been feeding his dreams with its corruption. The main plot of the game is you trying to find the librarian (Halsey?), the only one who can temper Didacts rage and appeal to his sense of good, to try and free his mind from the clutches of the precursor. Perhaps with some help from Chakas and Riser, whose fates seem to be so very influenced by the librarian. And you succeed, but that’s when the master builder shows up with his very own halo ring. Oh noez.

Turns out the covenant had discovered installation 07 months before, and on it, in stasis, was the master builder. Like a prophet, he told them tales of the true gods, the precursors. After finding out the truth of the forerunners in Halo 2/3, the covenant were all too happy to learn that their gods really did exist after all, albiet they had a different name. A species with the power to create life, judge it, and snuff it out - the precursors. They were all too happy to do the master builders bidding, and he sent them to requiem (which explains their presence there). Naturally, Faber has been a precursor agent all along, and he plans on firing the ring on requeim in order to crack the precursors prison, and let loose the ancient evil.

Faber, basically being the supreme forerunner engineer, takes control of the promethean constructs. This means that in future titles they will still be able to be a primary enemy. However, they will be augmented by both the covenant and flood forces, both new variants and old. Though I suppose the precursor could simply have corrupted the constructs - it has corrupted machines before. The antagonist in Halo 5 will be the master builder, and in Halo 6 we will attempt to destroy the last precursor itself.

Wazooty that is one hell of a good theory for the story.

> Requiem is a prison, housing the last reape - er…I mean precursor (the real one, the timeless one was merely an avatar if you will). After firing the rings 100,000 years ago, Didact and the prometheans (and their flood fighting constructs, mass produced during the forerunner-flood war) vowed to guard the prison forever, after all, the precursor vowed to return and test humanity and threaten the galaxy (universe?) once again, 100 centuries later. All the time spent guarding it has left Didact indoctrinated…evil. Graveminds are avatars of the precursor - conduits from which it speaks and controls the flood, much like the TO was. We saw that the precursor (via the TO and the gravemind from Halo 2/3) is a wordsmith, and can corrupt anything it speaks to. The main plot of the game is you trying to find the librarian (Halsey?) and trying to free the didacts mind from the clutches of the precursor. And you succeed, but that’s when the master builder shows up with his very own halo ring. Oh noez.
>
> Turns out the covenant had discovered installation 07 months before, and on it, in stasis, was the master builder. Like a prophet, he told them tales of the true gods, the precursors. After finding out the truth of the forerunners in Halo 2/3, the covenant were all too happy to learn that their gods really did exist after all, albiet they had a different name. A species with the power to create life, judge it, and snuff it out - the precursors. They were all too happy to do the master builders bidding, and he sent them to requiem (which explains their presence there). Naturally, Faber has been a precursor agent all along, and he plans on firing the ring on requeim in order to crack the precursors prison, and let loose the ancient evil.
>
> Faber, basically being the supreme forerunner engineer, takes control of the promethean constructs. This means that in future titles they will still be able to be a primary enemy. However, they will be augmented by both the covenant and the flood forces, both new variants and old.

you didnt by any chance break into 343 and get this did you this sounds legit

> > Requiem is a prison, housing the last reape - er…I mean precursor (the real one, the timeless one was merely an avatar if you will). After firing the rings 100,000 years ago, Didact and the prometheans (and their flood fighting constructs, mass produced during the forerunner-flood war) vowed to guard the prison forever, after all, the precursor vowed to return and test humanity and threaten the galaxy (universe?) once again, 100 centuries later. All the time spent guarding it has left Didact indoctrinated…evil. Graveminds are avatars of the precursor - conduits from which it speaks and controls the flood, much like the TO was. We saw that the precursor (via the TO and the gravemind from Halo 2/3) is a wordsmith, and can corrupt anything it speaks to. The main plot of the game is you trying to find the librarian (Halsey?) and trying to free the didacts mind from the clutches of the precursor. And you succeed, but that’s when the master builder shows up with his very own halo ring. Oh noez.
> >
> > Turns out the covenant had discovered installation 07 months before, and on it, in stasis, was the master builder. Like a prophet, he told them tales of the true gods, the precursors. After finding out the truth of the forerunners in Halo 2/3, the covenant were all too happy to learn that their gods really did exist after all, albiet they had a different name. A species with the power to create life, judge it, and snuff it out - the precursors. They were all too happy to do the master builders bidding, and he sent them to requiem (which explains their presence there). Naturally, Faber has been a precursor agent all along, and he plans on firing the ring on requeim in order to crack the precursors prison, and let loose the ancient evil.
> >
> > Faber, basically being the supreme forerunner engineer, takes control of the promethean constructs. This means that in future titles they will still be able to be a primary enemy. However, they will be augmented by both the covenant and the flood forces, both new variants and old.
>
> you didnt by any chance break into 343 and get this did you this sounds legit

Yeah.

Seems legit - too legit.

Have you stumbled upon a leaked build or something?

> Requiem is a prison, housing the last reape - er…I mean precursor (the real one, the timeless one was merely an avatar if you will). After firing the rings 100,000 years ago, Didact and the prometheans (and their flood fighting constructs, mass produced during the forerunner-flood war) vowed to guard the prison forever, after all, the precursor vowed to return and test humanity and threaten the galaxy (universe?) once again, 100 centuries later. All the time spent guarding it has left Didact indoctrinated…evil. Graveminds are avatars of the precursor - conduits from which it speaks and controls the flood, much like the TO was. We saw that the precursor (via the TO and the gravemind from Halo 2/3) is a wordsmith, and can corrupt anything it speaks to. The main plot of the game is you trying to find the librarian (Halsey?) and trying to free the didacts mind from the clutches of the precursor. And you succeed, but that’s when the master builder shows up with his very own halo ring. Oh noez.
>
> Turns out the covenant had discovered installation 07 months before, and on it, in stasis, was the master builder. Like a prophet, he told them tales of the true gods, the precursors. After finding out the truth of the forerunners in Halo 2/3, the covenant were all too happy to learn that their gods really did exist after all, albiet they had a different name. A species with the power to create life, judge it, and snuff it out - the precursors. They were all too happy to do the master builders bidding, and he sent them to requiem (which explains their presence there). Naturally, Faber has been a precursor agent all along, and he plans on firing the ring on requeim in order to crack the precursors prison, and let loose the ancient evil.
>
> Faber, basically being the supreme forerunner engineer, takes control of the promethean constructs. This means that in future titles they will still be able to be a primary enemy. However, they will be augmented by both the covenant and the flood forces, both new variants and old.

That…is amazing

> some stuff I made up after finishing Primordium

cool fanfic bro

> That…is amazing

lolno

> > some stuff I made up after finishing Primordium
>
> cool fanfic bro
>
>
>
> > That…is amazing
>
> lolno

It’s one theory among a million theories floating around. Haters gonna hate, you just decided to hate on mine. Of course it’s “made up”, that’s part of the definition of a theory. Does stating the obvious in the rudest manner possible make you feel better?

> Requiem is a prison, housing the last reape - er…I mean precursor (the real one, the timeless one was merely an avatar if you will). After firing the rings 100,000 years ago, Didact and the prometheans (and their flood fighting constructs, mass produced during the forerunner-flood war) vowed to guard the prison forever, after all, the precursor vowed to return and test humanity and threaten the galaxy (universe?) once again, 100 centuries later. All the time spent guarding it has left Didact indoctrinated…evil. Graveminds are avatars of the precursor - conduits from which it speaks and controls the flood, much like the TO was. We saw that the precursor (via the TO and the gravemind from Halo 2/3) is a wordsmith, and can corrupt anything it speaks to. Mendicant bias was swayed after 40 years. Cortana was going crazy after a few weeks. Now Didact has spent 100,000 years in its vicinity. Even if he was in, say, a cryptum, the Precursor has been feeding his dreams with its corruption. The main plot of the game is you trying to find the librarian (Halsey?), the only one who can temper Didacts rage and appeal to his sense of good, to try and free his mind from the clutches of the precursor. And you succeed, but that’s when the master builder shows up with his very own halo ring. Oh noez.
>
>
> Faber, basically being the supreme forerunner engineer, takes control of the promethean constructs. This means that in future titles they will still be able to be a primary enemy. However, they will be augmented by both the covenant and flood forces, both new variants and old. Though I suppose the precursor could simply have corrupted the constructs - it has corrupted machines before. The antagonist in Halo 5 will be the master builder, and in Halo 6 we will attempt to destroy the last precursor itself.

lol you were about to say reapers

Gotta give Wazooty props for his theory, it’s fairly solid. Just throw in the ever-living consciousness of the Gravemind coming back and there you go.

I think wazooty is right. I also have a theroy. On the halo Reach map Solitary, it is actually the prison on Charum Hakkor and in one of the prisons there is a hole in the wall. That means that the Timeless One probably escaped because In HAlo cryptum the description of precursors was different and the Primordial was a grave mind that was put there by The timeless one to thrick them and not a precursor. The gravemind tried to trick the diadact into thinking that it was the last precursor. Requiem is a sheild world where probably multiple precursors are prisoners. I think the Diadact is good and Faber is evil because he got corrupted by the timeless one and sent the covanant to requiem. At the end of the concept art trailer it also showed a precursor and there is another picture that looks like it on Halo Nation. The precursors are trying to kill the Forerunners for attacking them and so the TO is trying to get Faber to relese the remaining precursors. The diadact sucked MC’s ship in because he was a reclaimer of the mantle because he was human and so he needed humans to fight precursors. I really hope Arby will be in halo 4 with the Shipmaster as well and they didnt get corupted by the MB and they will be allies with Cheif again. I also saw that the Arbiter was a character on halo nation so he will probably return. Im not really sure if this is right but it is what i think. THE END

And let’s be honest folks, what sort of mental gymnastics would the Didact have to go through to attack humans?

Didact: Well let’s see, everything from the Human-Forerunner War to the Flood has been caused by the Precursors. Killing humans should do the trick.

> And let’s be honest folks, what sort of mental gymnastics would the Didact have to go through to attack humans?
>
> Didact: Well let’s see, everything from the Human-Forerunner War to the Flood has been caused by the Precursors. Killing humans should do the trick.

Well, the Didact is in a strange situation. He doesn’t have the Librarian to calm him, so he could technically have a huge amount of rage, which may lead him to for some reason be angry at humans. Which could make him an antagonist of Halo 4. Not the Ancient enemy though, because they want vengeance. The Didact has no reason for vengeance besides the war with Ancient Humans, which he put behind him. And from the end of Primordian, the Librarian could be involved.

Which I think would calm the Didact enough that we can convince him that we aren’t enemies. Then the Ancient Evil arrives, and we team up with the Didact’s forces to win. This would be the way that we don’t get utterly crushed by an enemy that wants vengeance, annihilation and threatens the universe.

> It’s one theory among a million theories floating around. Haters gonna hate, you just decided to hate on mine. Of course it’s “made up”, that’s part of the definition of a theory. Does stating the obvious in the rudest manner possible make you feel better?

Bro I feel great all the time sorry you feel bad. It’s gorgeous outside right now by the way.

I’m not sure what a Didact is, but if that’s its name I KNOW I’ll be calling it another D word.

I think the ancient evil is Johnson’s cigar. How can one cigar last for so long?