Maybe Spamming was intended

Hi I am abit confused as to why everyone assumes that the bloom failed because it did not promote pacing. Did it not occure to anyone that the spamming on weapons like the DMR was put there on purpose. Think about it if the DMR had proper bloom to promote pacing then the DMR would fire far to slow to combat others at anyother range but long range. Spamming was put in to allow players who venture into the map and encounter a enemy at a closer range then the DMRs intended range to combat someone with say the Assult Rifle or Shotgun. If I remember correctly there was a Bungie Vidoc they released before Reach came out that stated that the farther away you are you need to slow down your shots where as the closer you are you speed them up. Even in Reach if you try to spam accross map you will more than likely fail agains someone who is pacing. The same can be said at close to medium range a spammer will more than likely win against a pacer.

Edit: I just looked it up, it was the Carnage Carnival Vidoc that mention the Dmr

The problem with bloom is that it didn’t expand enough and rather then trying and encouraging something new they whined until it was taken out and now the sequel is taking a step back just to make these loud minority happy. Who most likely will just end up hating Halo 4 just as much.

> The problem with bloom is that it didn’t expand enough and rather then trying and encouraging something new they whined until it was taken out and now the sequel is taking a step back just to make these loud minority happy. Who most likely will just end up hating Halo 4 just as much.

I’m pretty sure everyone disliked bloom in one way or another.
Stop making up numbers, and learn to respect others opinions.

> The problem with bloom is that it didn’t expand enough and rather then trying and encouraging something new they whined until it was taken out and now the sequel is taking a step back just to make these loud minority happy. Who most likely will just end up hating Halo 4 just as much.

Disliking bloom had nothing to do with it being new. It is a terrible mechanic that was poorly implemented. Even the developers admit as much.

Bloom produced random results and lowered the skill gap by punishing good players and helping poor ones at the same time…which is pretty much the reason you only see lower tier players try to defend it.

I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.

> I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.

lol you call that explaining?

The way bloom should have been implemented from the start.

> > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
>
> lol you call that explaining?

Well it is true…

> > > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
> >
> > lol you call that explaining?
>
> Well it is true…

No not really. Usually everybody ignores whatever I say and give no rebuttal while implying I’m a “casual n00b”.

> I loved bloom cause it was yet another unnecessary addition to a traditionally simply game. It’s like my awesome retro leather jacket. It was pretty cool, but it needed MORE. So I bedazzled it . . . .

> > I loved bloom cause it was yet another unnecessary addition to a traditionally simply game. It’s like my awesome retro leather jacket. It was pretty cool, but it needed MORE. So I bedazzled it . . . .

You know, you kinda insulted the Halo franchise in your lame attempt to insult me. lol

> > > > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
> > >
> > > lol you call that explaining?
> >
> > Well it is true…
>
> No not really. Usually everybody ignores whatever I say and give no rebuttal while implying I’m a “casual n00b”.

Maybe people ignore your posts because they are without reason or merit other than 343i butt kissing.

> > > > > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
> > > >
> > > > lol you call that explaining?
> > >
> > > Well it is true…
> >
> > No not really. Usually everybody ignores whatever I say and give no rebuttal while implying I’m a “casual n00b”.
>
> Maybe people ignore your posts because they are without reason or merit other than 343i butt kissing.

If all I do is kissing 343i’s butt then explain why I have nothing positive to say about the TU?

> > > I loved bloom cause it was yet another unnecessary addition to a traditionally simply game. It’s like my awesome retro leather jacket. It was pretty cool, but it needed MORE. So I bedazzled it . . . .
>
> You know, you kinda insulted the Halo franchise in your lame attempt to insult me. lol

The difference is 343i looked at their jacket, decided “yeah, this is kinda lame,” and pulled off the rhinestones.

You on the other hand decide when the girls don’t pay attention to your rhinestone jacket that the problem is the rhinestones need to be bigger, shinier, and more plentiful.

> > > > > > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
> > > > >
> > > > > lol you call that explaining?
> > > >
> > > > Well it is true…
> > >
> > > No not really. Usually everybody ignores whatever I say and give no rebuttal while implying I’m a “casual n00b”.
> >
> > Maybe people ignore your posts because they are without reason or merit other than 343i butt kissing.
>
> If all I do is kissing 343i’s butt then explain why I have nothing positive to say about the TU?

Because they didn’t TU the WHOLE game . . .

> > > > > > > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > lol you call that explaining?
> > > > >
> > > > > Well it is true…
> > > >
> > > > No not really. Usually everybody ignores whatever I say and give no rebuttal while implying I’m a “casual n00b”.
> > >
> > > Maybe people ignore your posts because they are without reason or merit other than 343i butt kissing.
> >
> > If all I do is kissing 343i’s butt then explain why I have nothing positive to say about the TU?
>
> Because they didn’t TU the WHOLE game . . .

That… makes no sense…

> > > > > > > > I love anytime Neo posts, he just gets a wall of comments explaining why his opinions are ridiculious.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > lol you call that explaining?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Well it is true…
> > > > >
> > > > > No not really. Usually everybody ignores whatever I say and give no rebuttal while implying I’m a “casual n00b”.
> > > >
> > > > Maybe people ignore your posts because they are without reason or merit other than 343i butt kissing.
> > >
> > > If all I do is kissing 343i’s butt then explain why I have nothing positive to say about the TU?
> >
> > Because they didn’t TU the WHOLE game . . .
>
> That… makes no sense…

You still testing Reach settings with headshots turned off for super balanced skilled play?