May Matchmaking Update.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=31323

The new matchmaking update has me pretty excited about logging a lot of Reach hours. It solves two of my biggest issues by making living dead 12 players now and adding squad slayer playlist (5v5), which is great because a lot of times the matches would feel to empty to me.

I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…

> I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…

Let me guess… bloom? This had to be one of the stupidest complaints ive heard towards Reach. You might say that someone spamming will win but 9 times out of 10 the pacer wins those fights.

> > I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…
>
> Let me guess… bloom? This had to be one of the stupidest complaints ive heard towards Reach. You might say that someone spamming will win but 9 times out of 10 the pacer wins those fights.

Nope, I love bloom. I meant the DMR.

I don’t have much time to reply constructive right now, it’s late in Norway, but I just wanted to comment on what I found as a hilarious pun in your title. :slight_smile: Try saying it with a majestetic voice.

> > > I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…
> >
> > Let me guess… bloom? This had to be one of the stupidest complaints ive heard towards Reach. You might say that someone spamming will win but 9 times out of 10 the pacer wins those fights.
>
> Nope, I love bloom. I meant the DMR.

And whys that? Single Shot or Bloom? We’ve already ruled out bloom so thats not it, and Bungie originally wanted a single shot rifle. So lets hear it.

> > > > I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…
> > >
> > > Let me guess… bloom? This had to be one of the stupidest complaints ive heard towards Reach. You might say that someone spamming will win but 9 times out of 10 the pacer wins those fights.
> >
> > Nope, I love bloom. I meant the DMR.
>
> And whys that? Single Shot or Bloom? We’ve already ruled out bloom so thats not it, and Bungie originally wanted a single shot rifle. So lets hear it.

I made a thread about it. I just think it’s too OP to be a weapon that populates so much of the game.

> > > > > I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…
> > > >
> > > > Let me guess… bloom? This had to be one of the stupidest complaints ive heard towards Reach. You might say that someone spamming will win but 9 times out of 10 the pacer wins those fights.
> > >
> > > Nope, I love bloom. I meant the DMR.
> >
> > And whys that? Single Shot or Bloom? We’ve already ruled out bloom so thats not it, and Bungie originally wanted a single shot rifle. So lets hear it.
>
> I made a thread about it. I just think it’s too OP to be a weapon that populates so much of the game.

I understand that completely, the same thing happened with the BR in Halo 2 and 3. However given the single shot of the DMR, and its ROF its not the go to weapon that the BR was. With so many other useful weapons like the Pistol, Needle Rifle, and Sniper (same class of weapons) it doesnt feel as forced as it was in previous games. You need more than a DMR to win most matches.

However Halo has a reputantion of that powerhose, go-to weapon. In fact most games do; look at COD in general, but more specifally for the point, Black Ops. In that game the most used weapon is the Famas. My point being that when people find that perfect weapon, its gonna get used a lot.

> > > > > > I wish I could be enthusiastic as you. My biggest problem in the game probably won’t be fixed…
> > > > >
> > > > > Let me guess… bloom? This had to be one of the stupidest complaints ive heard towards Reach. You might say that someone spamming will win but 9 times out of 10 the pacer wins those fights.
> > > >
> > > > Nope, I love bloom. I meant the DMR.
> > >
> > > And whys that? Single Shot or Bloom? We’ve already ruled out bloom so thats not it, and Bungie originally wanted a single shot rifle. So lets hear it.
> >
> > I made a thread about it. I just think it’s too OP to be a weapon that populates so much of the game.
>
> I understand that completely, the same thing happened with the BR in Halo 2 and 3. However given the single shot of the DMR, and its ROF its not the go to weapon that the BR was. With so many other useful weapons like the Pistol, Needle Rifle, and Sniper (same class of weapons) it doesnt feel as forced as it was in previous games. You need more than a DMR to win most matches.
>
> However Halo has a reputantion of that powerhose, go-to weapon. In fact most games do; look at COD in general, but more specifally for the point, Black Ops. In that game the most used weapon is the Famas. My point being that when people find that perfect weapon, its gonna get used a lot.

Well, I had the same query with the BR. Though I like the BR more than the DMR ( I felt the BR took more skill) Having those types of Weapons at spawn makes it feel very OP. If the the DMR was only a pick up weapon, save for the big open maps, I wouldn’t have a problem. But that’s not the case. I hate nothing more than spawning into a BTB Countdown map with everyone using DMRs. But to be honest there are really no good big maps in Halo Reach, but that’s a completely different complaint (I don’t like many of the maps in Reach at all).

So yeah, my problem is the fact so many game types let you spawn with such a powerful weapon. Halo doesn’t have to be like COD, and in fact they are very different games.

Reach suffers from many small problems that build up to make the game un-enjoyable. The sad part is many of the problems can be fixed.

Nice to see that already this thread has gone on a complete tangent from its purpose

> Nice to see that already this thread has gone on a complete tangent from its purpose

Forums are like conversations some times they get off track but usually they right themselves eventually. LOL

> > Nice to see that already this thread has gone on a complete tangent from its purpose
>
> Forums are like conversations some times they get off track but usually they right themselves eventually. LOL

Technically its still on topic. The thread is about May’s update, we are simply discussings Reach’s other problems.

Oh a TITLE UPDATE?.. Oh just another playlist update. :stuck_out_tongue:

ok…anyways a title update!? finally what everyone’s waiting for!

> ok…anyways a title update!? finally what everyone’s waiting for!

OP is referring to the regular monthly playlist updates.