May Forge Map Challenges!

Some of you probably seen my Waypoint Community Forge contest and might have submitted your map already. So you might be bored on what to do with your forging skills. So I am starting a new series to help increase the forge community and put more interest in the Forge forums. So I will be starting a “Forge Map Challenge” every month to challenge forgers to create cool maps based on maps or places in the Halo games.

You won’t be getting any rewards but you can show off the map creations you have made for the challenge. This way you can meet with new people who are interested in your forging skills and make new friends! So let’s start forging!

This Month’s Challenges are to:

1. Create a Spirtual/Inspired Remake of Ascension (Halo 2)

2. Create a Spirtual/Inspired Remake of High Ground (Halo 3)

3. Make a Map based off the first few buildings you see(0:40) on Nightfall (Halo: Reach)
    Let’s see you forge your map for the challenge! :slight_smile:

Note: If you can make this post look better then please message me. Thanks!

No one is interested in doing this? ):

need any help with the contest me and my studio can help ya judge

> need any help with the contest me and my studio can help ya judge

The contest I will be contacting you in June. No submissions have been made toward these challenges which saddens me. The help I need of you right now is updating the OP to make it more professional.

got it i can do that here after i finish my work

I have been a big fan of high ground and have seen only one remake sooo, I will put this idea in my forging list of things to build , ill keep u posted. How long do I have to build?

> I have been a big fan of high ground and have seen only one remake sooo, I will put this idea in my forging list of things to build , ill keep u posted. How long do I have to build?

This challenge ends June, 16. I will then put up more challenges for the June Challenges

if i get a chance ill enter. but no promises

Ascension from Halo 2 is on there its called Pinnical XD

> Ascension from Halo 2 is on there its called Pinnical XD

I am trying to get people’s own remake. Even if it is matchmaking, I want people’s remake, not Bungie’s.

> if i get a chance ill enter. but no promises

I’m suprised no one wanted to do the Forge challenges…

> > if i get a chance ill enter. but no promises
>
> I’m suprised no one wanted to do the Forge challenges…

It’s a pretty cool idea, but most people won’t be motivated to put days or weeks of work into making a map when there’s no reward for winners and the maps will most likely get little to not attention. At least, that’s how I feel. After putting months of work into my maps and not being able to get over 100 downloads in several months I’m pretty discouraged from ever wanting to make another map. If there was like an 800MSP reward or something that would be different and I’m sure you would attract a lot more people (I would submit a map or two). It’s a great idea, just no real motivation.

> > if i get a chance ill enter. but no promises
>
> I’m suprised no one wanted to do the Forge challenges…

no haha its not that im busy or enything its just im not at my house right now and wont be for a while