Matter cannot be created or destroyed. but

but lack of content moves from one microsoft game to another microsoft game…
do i need to tell you lack of content for gears 5 at launch hurts the game so deeply which to this day game suffers from keeping population stable and their only solution was force cross-play and remove the pc icon from player name lol. the point is if you are completely self confidence about the campaign and we assume it’s a 100% hit still you can’t fill the absence of content that already exist with previous game on launch…

if you fail at launch people will move on, and trust me free to play multiplayer won’t save the franchise while call of duty and many other game exist.

I wouldnt say gears lacked content. It had a terrible monitization system and a meh multiplayer experiance and horde nor escape could counter that reality. Plus, gears multiplayer kind of sucks and always has imo.

It missing forge or co-op =/= a failure of a launch. We dont know the launch line up for multiplayer currently. We know it has more then H5 given it has social and btb. We dont know the map count or all the modes (we know some). If the core game cant rely on itself for 6 months, thats a completely different situation then it just not launching with forge.

It not launching with forge only matters IF the core multiplayer is lacking in maps and modes. If it isnt, (again, a big IF and something we have to wait and see on) then it will be fine

A good launch is very important to the success of a game. I think Halo Infinite will be fine, missing forge and co-op at launch isn’t enough to kill the game.

> 2533274840624875;2:
> I wouldnt say gears lacked content. It had a terrible monitization system and a meh multiplayer experiance and horde nor escape could counter that reality. Plus, gears multiplayer kind of sucks and always has imo.
>
> It missing forge or co-op =/= a failure of a launch. We dont know the launch line up for multiplayer currently. We know it has more then H5 given it has social and btb. We dont know the map count or all the modes (we know some). If the core game cant rely on itself for 6 months, thats a completely different situation then it just not launching with forge.
>
> It not launching with forge only matters IF the core multiplayer is lacking in maps and modes. If it isnt, (again, a big IF and something we have to wait and see on) then it will be fine

I agree

The Coalition and 343 are under the same umbrella of big daddy Microsoft so I wouldn’t be surprised if 343 drip feeds content seasonally just as TC did with G5.

I remember playing Gears5 on launch and remember thinking is this a beta? where’s all the characters? Weapon skins etc? Is this it? And yes ultimately it did hurt the game in my opinion. People moved on or were resentful for paying for a skeleton release

Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it’s been a while.

I still see Gears 1 through rose tinted goggles, loved it.

To be completely fair the Gears franchise (as much as I love it) started to struggle with Gears 3. I’m not sure it’s ever made a proper recovery.

Not that it’s a measure of any success but Xbox still regularly stream Gears Pro League on the main channel for Twitch.

I did have difficulty finding games in certain playlists when I played prior to Infinite’s release but I still had some fun with it.

Gears is an amazing franchise. I can’t wait till the new one. Which will hopefully be better then the previous few.

1 Like

Wonder how it will work considering the really weird ending to Gears 5 (the choice).

I wasn’t a fan of the restricted open world sections to 5, but still enjoyed it overall. I’d agree with you the games have been in decline since Gears 3. Hopefully the next game is a banger as I do enjoy the series a lot. Used to love multiplayer but think I’ll just do the campaign and move on for 6.

1 Like

Agree with you hundred percent 343 and Microsoft have really let everyone down on this one, as much as I love the franchise I think giving it to 343 again was a mistake.