MatchmakingNumbers Decreasing at a Rapid Rate

When Halo 4 finally came out I was there for a midnight opening. I got the game, took it home, and played the night away. Over the next few weeks, I was overjoyed when I saw the amount of people who were playing online. I thought to myself, “Halo is back!” I then took a long break to focus on finals and have recently started playing again. In such a short period of time (2 months), the amount of people playing Halo 4 online has dropped at an incredibly alarming rate (probably by a factor of 4).

I believe this drop in numbers has to do with a number of matchmaking issues that I feel NEED to be addressed. Also, I am aware that a lot of other people feel the same way as I do about some (not necessarily all) of these issues. However, I think that these matchmaking additions would help the game immensely:

-Visible, in game, ranking system for competitive matchmaking.
-Playlists that don’t have ranking system for those who want to play casually/with guests.
-Free for all, team doubles (yes, I know they are releasing this soon, but keep in mind that its “rotational”), an MLG playlist (not another disaster like “Slayer Pro.” another reason it should be MLG is so that you can get a nice balance of objective and slayer games to avoid monotony), and an overall “objective” playlist (not just CTF or oddball).
-Bring back the great maps from the past Halos (in a nice, fancy DLC package that I would gladly pay for, or just as forge maps) – Some examples that I would like to see are, The Pit, Narrows, Lockout/Blackout/Guardian (whichever of those), Amplified, Warlock, Onslaught (PLEASE!), and Midship.
-Make it harder/take longer to reach the highest rank. I see so many people ALREADY at SR130 but in Halo 3/Reach, it took so long (thus, making it an accomplishment) to reach the highest rank. Even to get to general in Halo 3 took a while (even after you got a 50). I know there is a XP cap but I shouldn’t be seeing so many people at such a high rank this early in the game (what do they actually have to play for anymore?).

I am aware that some of these are being taken care of in future updates that 343i has talked about in the most recent Bulletin, but I think these fixes should be apparent in the TU that is coming out in February. I realize that rotational playlists are there to make matchmaking “fresh” or something, but I think that permanent playlists are better so that I can play whatever I want whenever I want. Thanks and I would like to hear what you have to say!

>EDIT<
Anyone who works for 343i should be scared crappless because of this. http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all
^ This is exactly what I am talking about. Such a steep drop off in such a short period of time. Halo was meant to be played by a lot more than 100k people per day (especially only 2 months after the release). Check out H3’s numbers if you don’t believe me.
>END EDIT<

Yes to everything I say haha.

i wrote a thread which proposes a solution to this matter, its like a page long but in short basically my idea was to morph together current “objective” playlists in order to have space for more playlists. In the end playlists would have many diff. game types sort of like Halo 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly, I don’t see why they limit the playlists to ten. Just seems stupid to me because I want to play what I want, when I want. The past Halo’s had a lot more than 10 playlists and I think the same should happen to H4.

People have been complaining about weapons too, and that is a key thing to mention. But the population isnt important

> i wrote a thread which proposes a solution to this matter, its like a page long but in short basically my idea was to morph together current “objective” playlists in order to have space for more playlists. In the end playlists would have many diff. game types sort of like Halo 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

I disagree. I think that they should morph slayer gametypes together because they are so one dimensional and don’t push the game forwards in any way whatsoever. I HATE SLAYER. It’s just KILL KILL KILL!