Matchmaking Voices please

343i could totally pull this off.
Firefight voices were exclusive to firefight which kinda disappointed some fans (including myself.)
If 343i is going to make 3 total new halo games, they need more improvements with each title.
I believe that Firefight Voices should be used in Matchmaking. Who’s with me?

Well… From a competitive gaming perspective it sounds silly. I’m going to get the drop on someone if I can hear them say from around the corner, “Reloading!”

Yeah, yeah, I know it could be optional. I only want to see it in the game if the multiplayer and campaign are perfected.

well, it could be made team/self only (via com?). or maybe the enemy could only hear if they were really close, so that if they are that close to you and you haven’t noticed yet, you probably deserve to die anyway. that might fix the problem you mentioned. i too would have liked to hear my firefight voice in multiplayer, particularly in invasion it would have been a nice touch. other game modes though, not so much.

another option is in multiplayer the voice might be limited to comments on kills, and the type of sound you make when you get shot or die (noble 6 style?). that would also eliminate the problem of reloading or swapping weapons giving away your position (or possibly worse, warning the enemy that you have a power weapon before you even come around the corner).

The horrendous cacophony that this would give birth to is enough to put me off the idea.

> Well… From a competitive gaming perspective it sounds silly. I’m going to get the drop on someone if I can hear them say from around the corner, “Reloading!”
>
> Yeah, yeah, I know it could be optional. I only want to see it in the game if the multiplayer and campaign are perfected.

What about if the voices were local only? No one else can hear them, unless you are playing split-screen with someone. Not to mention the option to turn it off, I can imagine it would drive some players including myself insane!