Matchmaking Versus AI is impossible

Its ridiculous how difficult the heroic AI is. they obviously get resources faster and can build units faster than human players

Its not fun and it’s way too difficult. I dont expect a cakewalk but literally haven’t won a single match out of like 10. They are overwhelming arent impossible to beat

I’ve played quite a bit of this today and i’d have to agree with you. Considering i finished solo campaign on legendary and find the Heroic AI sometimes ridiculously difficult is saying something.

Reason i’ve been playing it though is i have a weekly challenge “Rush” which requires me to beat the AI in matchmaking in either Deathmatch or Domination. Domination i have yet to win a game against the AI, they just swarm like crazy and react to any move on an objective instantly. Not o mention their ridiculous ability to multi-task and both attack and defend multiple objectives at the same time.

Deathmatch wasn’t too bad, it was possible to beat them by “out-rushing” them. But even then it the best time i could get was 19 minutes.

I imagine it might be a little easier of i had a part of 3 going in, instead of being matched with randoms.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

git gud M8

Its frustraiting (did I write that right? I dont think so) to fight against an AI in stronghold, deathmatch is there much easier (domination also sucks)

would be better to have a playlist where you can choose the gametype (I know, it`s still good to get XP while fighting against an AI)

I find the Banished AI are stronger than the UNSC AI, it seems. Banished AI just spam the ever loving crud out of their offensive leader powers, and can control them AND their units at the same time. And they also LOVE spamming Scarabs. I’ve had games where I destroy a Scarab, only to have another from the SAME AI pop up almost instantly. I’ve found that Banished AI also love spamming Chopper/Ghost rushes, and they regularly overwhelm UNSC AI of the same difficulty.

All of this is on just NORMAL difficulty, by the way.

Something needs to be done. Because it’s not fun playing against Banished AI on normal difficulty or higher.

Agreed. The A.I are ridiculous. I’m relatively new to this game but even with higher ranking teammates, we get decimated before we even reach tech level 3. No way they have the same resources as human players, the spam is too real

> 2533274856495166;6:
> Agreed. The A.I are ridiculous. I’m relatively new to this game but even with higher ranking teammates, we get decimated before we even reach tech level 3. No way they have the same resources as human players, the spam is too real

Try playing with AI on your team in skirmish.
The resource count of the AI is clearly stated when pressing the back button (Xbox controller). It shows the tech, supplies, and current power of the AI and when it goes down and up. It looks the same to me

Main problem are the teammates in my opinion. But I think - getting xp when you win against normal AI? Well no…

They are a bit out of hand. I even got 3 scarabs on the field to go crush the legendary AI and he had 1 scarab with some engineers and a few invisbility units and that 1 scarab managed to take out all 3 of my scarabs. Not even my leader powers could kill it. Appearantly when they cloak they are also invunerable to leader powers which I think is a little BS cause if you can see the outline of it then it shouldn’t be invunerable to damage!!! This game is really unbalanced as it is but to do some crap like that is really demotivating to go against the AI. Also you can’t take over the power nodes around the map because some magical way they know when your taking that exact power node and swarm it in no time.

I have yet to lose to the AI… just build your infantry units quickly at the start. 3-5 will do. Throw in a couple of vehicles from the center structure and cap a few zones/power nodes. Wait a little, upgrade the base, and then build stronger units. Just do what you would against a normal person. The AI in this game plays and reacts exactly how a normal human would in 99% of situations. It’s refreshing considering in Halo Wars 1, you could defeat them with little to no effort. I recommend getting the super unit, and throwing some healing units on it if you are having troubles. They will target the healing units first, so counter that by using one of your leader powers to either heal, make them invincible, or make them harder to fight in general. Clever timing of leader powers will win you almost any fight.

Try the strategy I outline here.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/how-to-counter-chopper-jack-rabbit-rush/bbe93913-8bf0-4c96-8d21-c060efcd8e0b/posts

I found it to be a bit more manageable with 2 friends but my weekly is to beat the AI under 16 minutes in a match made game

No way

> 2535458426112390;3:
> git gud M8

You got a like from me because I laughed but not because I agree.

Treat the AI like a player, scout and react. The AI in this game actually feels pretty weak compared to the first one. After the early game the AI basically stops functioning, even the legendary AI is a breeze. Just win early and you win the game.

Easy = boring. Do you really want to be winning all the time? No challenge? Just get better at the game. Skirmish offers normal and easy difficulty, Go practice.

You people saying just get better dont know what you are talking about

Like I said I don’t want it to be easy but literally lost 10nmatches straight lol I win more against players than the AI

> 2533274841319028;16:
> You people saying just get better dont know what you are talking about
>
> Like I said I don’t want it to be easy but literally lost 10nmatches straight lol I win more against players than the AI

I’d like to start by saying I suck at the game and have the service record to prove it. However the ai are easily beatable in this game via matchmaking vs ai. I was loaded into a stronghold match last night and both team mates lagged out during the loading, I was like OK lets try and make this work. Ended up winning all by myself.

As for the win a deathmatch/dom in 16 mins that is very possible also. First time trying it I hit 16 mins and 4 seconds, next time in under 15.

I will agree with both sides here. It’s great to play challenging AI and I am all about getting better at the game. But yonk is this AI hardcore with leader powers and management! I get my entire army crushed at least one time each game buy Glassing Beam. Mac Blast is insane- especially when you play against multiple Isabel’s. Yeah, play against 3 Isabels and watch Mac Blast crush your will. I got smoked each time I tried to take a power node.

This is game is less about economy and unit management/strat. It’s more about counter units and leader powers. I hope some patches roll out that balance the leader powers.

Is there a difference between Heroic AI on matchmaking and skirmish?

I haven’t played against the AI on matchmaking but on skirmish it is pretty easy. I’m talking about 1v1’s.

Man ooo man. Every time I play A.I Banished leaders they seem to spam Choppers, ghost and grunts. Also how they are able too multitask is just crazy, 343 should tune their A.I a little bit.