Matchmaking Snafu last night was terrible...

For the folks who claim a polished P2P is the way to go, you need to start playing Reach and open your eyes.

Last night while playing with a group of friends, we found ourselves embroiled in a new lagtacular scenario. On top of the usual black screens and lag; we were unable to invite other friends, stuck in invite screens, and had to reboot xboxs repeatedly just to get into a match.

OK, we know Dedicated Servers are not in H4 but, you guys better start speaking up or we will be forced to live with these in the future.

For some reason I dont seem to have that problem. Maybe someone needs a little better internet setup.

They should have dedicated servers, what with all the money they make.

An anecdotal tale invalidates how many hundreds of millions of games that ran just fine, now?

People need to go on wikipedia and look up black swan event. Yall be traumatized by a bad game now and then. Sounds like #firstworldproblems to me.

Plod: We had 11 users on at the same time, and the same thing happened to all of them. This was not an individual internet problem.

Fatal: If you call plagued with black screen and lag running just fine.

Personally, the lack of dedicated servers just feels like nobody gives a -Yoink- about Halo players anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY72GNR2Fag

Its entirely possible that 343 could be running background server tests and maintenance preparing for Halo 4

If that were really the case, I’d think there would be some sort of major announcement saying: Doing some system maintenance, some problems may occur during matchmaking. But I guess that’s just speculation too.

What playlist were you in when you experienced this? If you’re in a low-pop playlist, you’re gonna have a bad time. :\

Can you really invite someone during a game? No, so the playlist doesn’t matter.

We were in between games in the lobby when we experienced the invite and messaging problems.

Wow, what a disappointing turnout for this thread.

Guys and Gals who actually spend their hard earned money for any game should start investigating on their own what and how Dedicated Servers can do for their gaming experience. It’s the actual paying customers right to have the best technology available. If everyone just sits back and takes the lag, black screens, and lag switches then change at MS/343 will never happen.

> Can you really invite someone during a game? No, so the playlist doesn’t matter.
>
> We were in between games in the lobby when we experienced the invite and messaging problems.

Oh. Sorry, I should’ve read more closely.

> Guys and Gals who actually spend their hard earned money for any game should start investigating on their own what and how Dedicated Servers can do for their gaming experience.

How would dedicated servers prevent problems in lobbies?

> If everyone just sits back and takes the lag, black screens, and lag switches then change at MS/343 will never happen.

How are those phenomena related to problems in lobbies?

The only information I ever picked up regarding this is that a tweet came down from Xbox support that said that they knew about the problem and were looking to resolve it but that happened long before I linked up with you all Hit. Yes everyone, dedicated servers would benefit matchmaking in such a way that when you play a game in matchmaking everyone logs into a server instead of using whichever Xbox has the best connection and using that as the server you play on. Whenever the screen goes black it just means that connection had a hiccup and had to reset.