Matchmaking Search Preferences

A great feature I think could be added to MM is the ability to choose preferred maps that a player enjoys. Bungie had a great idea when they decided you could use player preferences when searching in matchmaking (When it functioned properly). What if instead of just having player preferences you could also have game type and map preferences as well?

An example is being able to choose your top 5 favorite maps and your favorite game type out of each of the playlist made available by 343. This would then allow search protocols to search out players with similar interest in the game. Now your preferences =/= a final decision on map and game type, but do heavily influence the options you have available during the voting process!

Do you agree with this idea? Do you have any preferences for your MM searches?

I really like the idea but i think all the maps should share the same love. I really want the veto system to come back, but i really like the voting too. -Yoink-.

I really like the veto system as well, but feel the voting is more fair and takes a lot of the mystery out of what you may play. I really wish they would let you vote out of three maps and then vote on three game types that could be played on the map. This way it’s possible in 4v4’s that a team may not get a map they enjoy, but a gametype they do! Both sides win in a sense :slight_smile:

Pretty funny idea but I would say no. I want the Halo 3/2 voting system back so all maps will be played. But to make the veto system work about 80% of the maps in Halo 4 will have to be good.

I mean Halo 3 veto system ofcourse not voting system :wink:

> Pretty funny idea but I would say no. I want the Halo 3/2 voting system back so all maps will be played. But to make the veto system work <mark>about 80% of the maps in Halo 4 will have to be good</mark>.

I do really hope we get the same amount of map customization and more (terrain editing!!) introduced from Reach but I hope 343 comes through with some great default maps on the disc out of the box. I feel like Bungie relied almost TOO much on the community to build maps for their game.

I don’t know guys…

> I don’t know guys…

HAHA I couldn’t agree more, but I feel that the map and gametype preferences would be about >9000% more useful than the chat preferences.