Matchmaking region lock - High latency

Hello,
Thank you 343 for this incredible game, however there is one very sour apple preventing it from greatness (At least from Brazil) which is to be matched on servers outside your region.

Please let us lock our matchmaking region, I’d rather wait a while longer for matches than play with high latency.

10 Likes

Please 343, will be a huge improvement to our gameplay.

3 Likes

Do you want to kill the game?..because that’s how you kill the game

Region lock didn’t work in MCC, it didn’t work in H5 and it won’t work for infinite…
All region lock will do is ensure that no one outside the US can play the game

1 Like

What I want is to play with good ping, I doubt it’s going to kill a game with 250k players on steam and a whole lot more on XBOX. I hope you understand that the game is borderline unplayable with 190ms, and playing ranked at diamond with high ping is just pathetic.

4 Likes

I’m in australia, I completely understand
That said, as I said region lock will make it so that only US players can play

I’m constant;ly put on west US servers with a 156 ms ping…
trust me I understand

2 Likes

Been a few days, it is honestly disheartning to play ranked with high ping. I’m only asking for a chooseable matchmaking region (343 can even send a warning regarding queue times).
It’s also possible to simply open up more regions for matchmaking if the queue is taking too long.
Please, competitive is a joke with high ping and the other modes are way less fun.

4 Likes

It would help a lot if I could choose the maximum ping for the match , or choose the specific server to play on , I don’t think region lock is necessary , but I would very much like to choose my server and play with the lowest possible ping .

2 Likes

Why would that even be the case?

I played Valorant since launch and they implemented server/region select. Being in Asia, it doesn’t show me US or EU servers and vice versa I would assume. They let you connect to the server you want to and play with the lowest ping possible.

Not having any sort of server select is the reason this game is going to die, because no one wants to play on 250ms.

You seem to misunderstand what people are asking for with a region select.

4 Likes

What we need is server select, just like MCC,or the system they used in Guardians. All games are a lag fest as a player from EU, which is why I already stopped playing the game. I have no reason to continue when many of the shots dont register or take almost 2s to do, hits through walls or meele teleporting enemies and so on

2 Likes

Exactly @n1nura and @Kaudo5054, no one wants to play a lag fest.
What is also weird is that sometimes there’s a match full of people from my region but we’re still using an US server.

2 Likes

Region selection is mandatory. The playerbase in australia will die if we continue to be forced into 250ms+ matches. There is enough players, but we cannot select region. Why? This is needed ASAP.

3 Likes

Sick of playing 160+ms. Why was this a thing in MCC but not Infinite? I’d rather wait 5 minutes to get an Australian match if I have to, way better than wasting 10-15 mins in a laggy match.

Better chance of a 20ms match in 4v4, too bad all my challenges are BTB, rip.

3 Likes

Then the threshold for what is considered acceptable ping (currently 250ms) should be lowered. 100ms is bearable, not great but this would be welcomed.

250 is simply not playable and it is a clear oversight to assume it is.

Dude I’m getting 350ms from South Africa, that’s not fair to me or to the people I play against, I’d rather wait longer for better ping…

100% agree with OP.

Also from south africa,get high ping while solo searching but in parties we get low ping servers

I’m just telling you what will happen
We’ve gone down this route before with MCC back in 2015
They Geo-locked the game and then no one outside of the US could find a game regulalry because there wasn’t enough people in those geo-locked regions to fill the servers
They even tried it with H5 and that failed just as spectaculalry

I share your pain, I do.
I live in Australia and I regulalry get put on west us servers with 156ms ping making the game 100% unplayable
I get it. I’m simply telling you the consequences of what you are asking

1 Like

We need to be able to filter out servers just like we could in the MCC

1 Like

they will never change it, like with MCC, until years later. apparently 250ms is fine for a shooting game.

1 Like

Yeah, I pretty much gave up, played ranked with 100+ ms is just bad.
Uninstalled the game yesterday.

Do the IP block method you’ll only find local games then! Check the halo thread on mybroadband.

1 Like