Matchmaking Problem

Hi halo players. I’ve had my xbox slim around 2 months now and i’ve had halo reach since the start. but i have a problem when i go matchmaking. I just go there enter a game that i want to search. And it stays in Looking For Players… And i never get to join a Lobby. Please if some one could tell me how to fix this because i havent played halo reach since i had my xbox

Thanks

What size hard drive you have? Is you physic profile to closed? Or is your connection alittle slow?

Hi and thanks for asking my connection is okay as i play Call Of Duty in the same xbox and my harddrive is 250GB… and i still try to join the matchmaking games and i cant. is it because i dont have the Nobel Map Pack?

Again, Thanks

Go into network in the halo reach settings, what is your nat type?
If it says closed you might have a real problem finding games and will have to jig the settings on your router.

How do i Jig the settings on my router? I dont know much about rotuer connections but i do think that my Nat type is not closed i will confirm this in some minutes. If it is closed tell me what i should do.

> How do i Jig the settings on my router? I dont know much about rotuer connections but i do think that my Nat type is not closed i will confirm this in some minutes. If it is closed tell me what i should do.

Mines closed and i never have a problem getting a game. How many ppl are playing in the gametype you want? Also check your other profile to make your not limiting your selection down further. Also do you have Reach installed on the harddrive? Sometimes not slows you down.

> How do i Jig the settings on my router? I dont know much about rotuer connections but i do think that my Nat type is not closed i will confirm this in some minutes. If it is closed tell me what i should do.

This is the method i use on mine it may not work but worth a shot. On your router there should be a restart button DO NOT GET THIS CONFUSED WITH THE RESET BUTTON, THE RESET BUTTON YOU WILL USUALLY HAVE TO PUSH WITH A PIN OR PEN, YOU DON’T WANT THIS BUTTON wait for your router to boot back up then go on my xbox-> system settings(i think it’s called this it’s the last one along the my xbox tab)-> network settngs and then click test connection

Where can i see my NAT connection? I dont see any problems with halo reach connection but i still cant join any lobby. I will try to restart my router and i will let you know if it worked or not.
Thanks

> Where can i see my NAT connection? I dont see any problems with halo reach connection but i still cant join any lobby. I will try to restart my router and i will let you know if it worked or not.
> Thanks

You can see you’re NAT type by loading up Reach, Pause when you’re on the title menu-> scroll to network status-> then it should tell you in the middle highlighted box what it is.
If it is open and you’re still finding it hard to find a game, check your search preferences, you may have put on a search option which will slow it down

Hey man, I am having the exact same problem you are having. I can wait for 45 minutes and not find a single player and a message comes up that says their may not have been enough players but I checked and there were over 15 thousand players for the game type. Troubleshooting suggested that I go to my router setting and enable UNnP or something and it was already enabled. Me, being as ignorant as I am, also tried to enable the ports or whatever like it said but I am not sure how to do that but I tried my best. I have no problems connecting to Live but it says my NAT type is moderate (strict) and I cant seem to find any other ways to fix that or any other reasons why I cannon get passed where is says ‘looking for players’. Please tell me if you find a solution to getting passed this.