Matchmaking Prioritization Options

I’m addressing this problem, because I think it’s a pretty serious one with Halo 4’s War Games matchmaking, and to a lesser degree, Spartan Ops matchmaking.

I routinely see people in the range of 10-30 getting matched up against people in the skill range of 100+ and that’s just absolutely bonkers mismatched, and almost always proves to be a deciding factor in the outcome of the game.

I’d like to hear from a member of 343 staff that handles the war games networking as to why prioritization options were removed, and why they figure it doesn’t factor into the outcome/fairness of the games.

> I’m addressing this problem, because I think it’s a pretty serious one with Halo 4’s War Games matchmaking, and to a lesser degree, Spartan Ops matchmaking.
>
> I routinely see people in the range of 10-30 getting matched up against people in the skill range of 150+ and that’s just absolutely bonkers mismatched, and almost always proves to be a deciding factor in the outcome of the game.
>
> I’d like to hear from a member of 343 staff that handles the war games networking as to why prioritization options were removed, and why they figure it doesn’t factor into the outcome/fairness of the games.

What ?

> What ?

fixed.

SR does not stand for Skill Rank.

> SR does not stand for Skill Rank.

So, you’re denying that there’s a distinct correlation between SR level and skill level?

> > SR does not stand for Skill Rank.
>
> So, you’re denying that there’s a distinct correlation between SR level and skill level?

all it means that some people play a lot more than others (SpOps gives more XP than WG).

Also, SpOps is cooperative, so rank doesn’t matter

> rank doesn’t matter

How many times have you been stomped by a team of 1s and walked all over a team of 100+s?

SR is Spartan Rank, not Skill Rank. The correlation between SR and skill is minor at best, especially given the arbitrariness of XP payouts (e.x. Spartan Ops with randoms pays more than Spartan Ops with friends) and the fact that some non-competitive activities (Forge) earn XP.

> > rank doesn’t matter
>
> How many times have you been stomped by a team of 1s and walked all over a team of 100+s?

Straw man fallacy.

SR doesn’t show skill. Just time played.

> SR doesn’t show skill. Just time played.

This.
SR means jack all because most people got their ranks in Spartan Ops.