MatchMaking / Mlg Gamemode For 343 1 LIFE!

Back On Reach I Created this Gamemode Named
Team Elimination” OR TE
Made from the realization that there were no 1 life gametypes.
This game mode Promotes: Heavy TeamWork, Game Plans,lots of Strategy,
and Skill-or precise shots on the (dome).

This Gamemode Was by Far one of my friends and
random people’s favorite gametype. and would always fill up to 16/16 lobby’s

This game can be played For Matchmaking/ Mlg.

Alright so here’s how it goes.

There Are two teams.

Game setup-
*Both Teams Have 1 life
*there are 10 rounds for long games and 5 rounds for short games.
*There are low sheilds, (Example) 5 shots with AR would kill you.
*There we two melee’s to kill tho.
*The Team In which Wins the most rounds wins the game by eliminating the opposing team.
*8 minutes on the Clock
*5 Loadouts include Ar,Saw,Plasma pistol, many more but,
None of which could damage or kill you in one shot if it was a headshot. (example) carbine,dmr,pistol,sniper Etc…

• 1 frag and 1 sticky. And with the new guns to be in halo4 Adding more variety
    ---------_____---------

This game type was so fun
Promoted Lots Of tactical situtations
This game mode Was great for competive players
And Ask for lots of skill. From Each Players on the field

Players would always ask me to play the gamemode.over in over

Map setup-

The maps were mainly close quaters, Picture hall way with barriers but multiply flanking routes, This would allow players to manover around campers in order to take them down…

In this game Campers are not heard of because Team work is the main objective and without it the camper would die easly against the 2v1.

This game really promoted A team captain to lead the assault in each round. im telling you this was really a fun game mode And it should be used for Mlg or some sort of matchmaking.

I Hope this makes it into matchmaking, Its really fun. and challenging.

Also The when the setting in maps Are tweaked to balance out the type of gameplay
This gamemode Can be really cool.

silent-

Any questions?

Why not just full shields? 5 AR shots is just insta-kill. And the SAW is just a power weapon.

> Why not just full shields? 5 AR shots is just insta-kill. And the SAW is just a power weapon.

Great Question

Team elimination- Is best described to Be like An realistic war Game.

IT Took a long time to develope these settings to get it so it can feel realistic as possible, because i like the tactical aspect that is projected from this.

Unlike other games with lots of sheilds people tend To run up on you completely forgeting about the moving cover to cover because there sheilds can handle it.

But in this Gamemode Team Elimination- Challenges the player to figure out how to win the game without going all out on people, Because if you do you will most be killed very quick.

I wish i had the footage from reach, but sadly my disk broke. :confused:
Anyway in the footage players were engaging from cover, until the team captain decides to push up or tell a team member to flank that position of the opposing team.

The maps resemble that of a paintball field but with buildings and inside of a buildings having Enough cover BUT not so you could not see were the players are, So there is no place to hide…

On reach there was a setting for no shields so i put that. no sheilds
which made it go to five shots with AR.

Gameplay was Really good which suprised me!

Also If the saw in halo4 is to over powered for this gametype then it will be excluded or You will have a bad secondary to fall back on like a pistol, NOTE there is little ammo but enough to kill the whole team.

Silent-

Also To NOTE’ Sheild do not Recharge!!!

MAkes it even more challenging

Sorry, but I don’t think we’ve ever had anything that’s ‘one life’ before in MM. It makes people quit, because they have to wait.

> Sorry, but I don’t think we’ve ever had anything that’s ‘one life’ before in MM. It makes people quit, because they have to wait.

That’s True
Im hoping that Some Way This Can Become more Of a MLG thing OR
Mabye if the Increase the reward of finishing the game or put more of a ranking curve it could Make the players Have the least desire to Quit The match…

Silent-

> Sorry, but I don’t think we’ve ever had anything that’s ‘one life’ before in MM. It makes people quit, because they have to wait.

Besides this, I guess that could work. However, straight up slayer though…maybe normal shields/health/weapons with an objective? I don’t really think that would be fun in Halo though, more of a customs only thing.

> > Sorry, but I don’t think we’ve ever had anything that’s ‘one life’ before in MM. It makes people quit, because they have to wait.
>
> That’s True
> Im hoping that Some Way This Can Become more Of a MLG thing OR
> Mabye if the Increase the reward of finishing the game or put more of a ranking curve it could Make the players Have the least desire to Quit The match…
>
> Silent-

That’s the thing. Some people don’t care about rewards, they just play for fun, something to help them relax after a hard day of school/work. If it was to be put into Matchmaking, it would have to stay well clear of the ‘normal’ playlists.

> > Sorry, but I don’t think we’ve ever had anything that’s ‘one life’ before in MM. It makes people quit, because they have to wait.
>
> Besides this, I guess that could work. However, straight up slayer though…maybe normal shields/health/weapons with an objective? I don’t really think that would be fun in Halo though, more of a customs only thing.

It Adds more variety then always just having respawn mode.
But that’s also true tho, Mabye people might like it…

It really depends on the player if you like teamwork and realism.

This definetly is the gametype for you.