Matchmaking manipulation?

Original Post: Click at your own discretion

Summary

Our thread was closed earlier where somebody informed people that you can go to your fireteam and check there what game mode you are about to go into, and you can leave the fireteam before the match begins rendering you without a ban. A admin then closed the thread and said it’s matchmaking manipulation, and then stated that after the grace period players will be getting bans. This does not seem like matchmaking manipulation to me whatsoever. This seems like an only fair way for a player to get the game mode they truly desire instead of being forced to play a mode at random, especially with the challenge system. If they don’t want players doing this, then they need to separate the quick play cataloge plain and simple. Seems EXTREMELY player-last mentality.
I’m confused why leaving before a match like btb even begins is such a bad thing. Especially with bots and join in progress systems. 343 pls fix

2 Likes

Original Post; Click at your own discretion

Summary

FYI
It is this thread created by me:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/you-can-indirect-choose-the-game-type-you-want/38174

I’m confused as well. Why should this count as matchmaking manipulation. 343 yoinked up the playlists, and with this method we can play at least the mode we want…

As long as 343 does not introduce playlists, I’ll use this method to finish challenges and play modes I want.

2 Likes

After making this post it has been impossible for me to find any game and it keeps saying I’m losing connection from the local network. Was I just shadow banned for having an opinion? If so this is the worst way of conducting business ever

I still use this way and it is working. I do get sometimes a disconnect but this happens on the regular way as well.

Lol it is what it is. After posting last post I got into a game, now it’s happening again… I just need to play 1 slayer match. And win a Btb… pls 343 pls fix soon. I’m thankful the bones of this game are fun and addicting. But dang, this mp is sounding to be a slow burn. Hopeful near season 2 the game is in more robust shape

Btb seems to be the only game type not workin. I won a btb this morning and the challenge failed. Might aswell swap…

Edit: Okay now I’m stuck loading on the loading screen each time. Servers seem down or struggling
Slipspace engine lol

They Don’t want you gaming the system to make it easier they want you to spend money on their crappy storefront.

1 Like

alot of servers including AMazon are down which may cause sluggishness in other servers.

1 Like

Manipulation or not at the very least 343 needs to give us a choice in what we want to play. This would solve the issue for players that feel like they need to do this. We need to have a match browser like MCCs where we can choose the gamemodes that we want to play. It shouldn’t be left up to chance.

1 Like

Manipulating? Banning? For doing stuff the game OFFERS to do? wtf?! If you don’t want people to do that, close the opportunity. Or do stuff so none has to do it.

343’s players last mentality is getting outta hand here…

2 Likes