Matchmaking Lobby - Why Can We Not See Names ect.?

I just started playing Halo 5 and I just don’t understand the reason why we can’t see GT’s or anything before a game? Can I fix this?

lol because there’s no point to seeing the other player’s name before the game

No, unfortunately. Its just a bad lobby set up, I don’t like it very much either.

343 Failed to add that in like with all the other stuff missing from the game.

Okay, good to know…hope it’s fixed at some point.

> 2560081931056311;3:
> No, unfortunately. Its just a bad lobby set up, I don’t like it very much either.

It’s very bad, I liked Reach, just listed it all default on the right hand side, so simple and worked great

I think it’s to prevent people from dodging games if they see opponents that they don’t want to play. I’ve read another reason as well, but I’m not certain about it.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> I think it’s to prevent people from dodging games if they see opponents that they don’t want to play. I’ve read another reason as well, but I’m not certain about it.

This. It’s a good thing they don’t show names.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> I think it’s to prevent people from dodging games if they see opponents that they don’t want to play. I’ve read another reason as well, but I’m not certain about it.

That actually makes sense, I considered that thought. It also would help your psyche if you were playing against pros or something. I do however wish that I had the freedom.

The names/gamer tags are not important to me pre-game, but I do wish we could see if there was a fireteam, and how many members.

> 2533274868600467;5:
> Okay, good to know…hope it’s fixed at some point.

How can something be fixed when it was never broken to begin with? It’s just the way the lobby was designed. That’s All

> 2533274875982754;10:
> The names/gamer tags are not important to me pre-game, but I do wish we could see if there was a fireteam, and how many members.

That or actually match teams against other teams. -_-

> 2533275024739005;11:
> > 2533274868600467;5:
> > Okay, good to know…hope it’s fixed at some point.
>
>
> How can something be fixed when it was never broken to begin with? It’s just the way the lobby was designed. That’s All

I don’t like the design, so I have hope it may change some day.

Wish we could see the other spartans and their stances.

Called being lazy to me. They didnt want to go into the whole showing players you be facing, who is talking or has a mic Icon. Heck you dont have to show their rank. Just gamertags and a mic icon if its enabled.

But someday when Halo 6 comes close to release we will get that change in the UI.

Seeing names in the matchmaking lobby would help with muting those players who are making too much noise, are broadcasting their TV’s sound through their mics, are having conversations with someone else in their vicinity, etc. I have to start the game before I can mute that person, or hit the right thumbstick to mute everyone, which I don’t want to do.

> 2533274809242032;15:
> **Called being lazy to me.**They didnt want to go into the whole showing players you be facing, who is talking or has a mic Icon. Heck you dont have to show their rank. Just gamertags and a mic icon if its enabled.
>
> But someday when Halo 6 comes close to release we will get that change in the UI.

If it weren’t for the fact that the beta did precisely this, then the “lazy” argument would bear a lot more merit. But the fact that it did in fact function (largely) in that way makes your argument fall flat.

The fact that they changed this up afterwards indicates that this was intentionally done. Just because you personally don’t like how something was done doesn’t conclude laziness.

I’m not saying it’s one I personally like, but I can understand the reasons behind it (And some are right here in this thread)