matchmaking.. is it even matching me?

so… when i started halo 4 i was rusty as all hell right. the rusts gone now, i’m going anywhere from 2/1 to 20/1 in kdr. you can check previous games in waypoint if you don’t believe me or i can screenshot it- whatever you want, i’m more interested in the question tho.

i mean… i don’t mind i guess… but what the hell am i screwing up some hidden matchmaking rating or is it none existent? i mean i feel bad because some of these guys are really new or casual and i’m just obliterating them…

i would like to be matched with players at my skill level, i want going even 1/1 to be the toughest challenge i can imagine… what is causing me to get matched with newbies? this isn’t fun.

least your getting put in a match

i dunno man… some of these matches i just get the most extreme lag spikes when it matters the most.

i secretly think its players lag switching me, but yeah i dunno. would rather not be in those matches you know?

> least your getting put in a match

True. I have noticed that it now takes the system anywhere from 3-10 minutes for a game. On launch it was like 20 seconds.

Basically the problem it the population has declined considerably and now it is hard to find games because of the lower numbers. Some playlists are only managing 3000-5000 players in the afternoon when you would think the numbers would be high.

Really you guys are all struggling to find game?? I still only have to wait 20 seconds or so to join a game even now whatever playlist i join i admit mostly i just play slayer but still i can join a game or CTF or Dominion Etc just like… that.

> > least your getting put in a match
>
> True. I have noticed that it now takes the system anywhere from 3-10 minutes for a game. On launch it was like 20 seconds.
>
> Basically the problem it the population has declined considerably and now it is hard to find games because of the lower numbers. Some playlists are only managing 3000-5000 players in the afternoon when you would think the numbers would be high.

Yeah the dropoff in numbers has been disappointing, but understandable given how many big games have been released recently. I think I’m less likely to spend the amount of time in this game that I did in previous iterations because it is pretty familiar, and I wonder if others are in a similar situation. The gameplay is still great, with some interesting additions, but it’s familiar.

On the speed of matchmaking: even though rounding up players sometimes takes a while, the way you can drop straight into a game in progress, very quickly, is awesome. I haven’t seen 343 get any credit for that, which was one of the biggest things people were complaining about in Reach. So, thanks 343 for solving the quitting problem.

I am getting some huge lag spikes during games, it feels like I am being matched up with Americans or people from the UK. Which, is a pain when you are Australian.

EDIT: But, it only takes about 20-30 seconds to find a game, so it isn’t that bad I suppose.

well… thats probably due to black ops and the numerous other games that have come out.

like i mean what… black ops, hitman, assassins creed, planetside, resident evil, nba 2k13, dishonored, forza, medal of honor (lol), need for speed, sleeping dogs, borderlands, battlefield 3 dlc…

and then you got some games on pc dragging people off like dayz, counterstrike, torchlight 2, battlefield, diablo 3, world of warcraft, dota 2, tf2 and lol…

i mean… you can’t be surprised that the retention is kind of low. they’ll probably come back.

not to mention the massive sales happening right now, steam and black friday in particular.

> Really you guys are all struggling to find game?? I still only have to wait 20 seconds or so to join a game even now whatever playlist i join i admit mostly i just play slayer but still i can join a game or CTF or Dominion Etc just like… that.

idk if its my 70% win percentage in slayer along with my teammates who I’m sure have 65+, but it takes SO SO LONG for me to be put into a match, especially in infinity slayer. It will take at least 2 minutes to find a match, sometimes up to 10.

maybe it’s because of my win loss ratio. i quit laggy games or when my team is the equivalent of a wet paper towel when it comes to stopping the enemy from getting to me.
i want a challenge, not challenged teammates hahah…
or like being put into a losing match.

how many people i’ve seen jump in towards 3-4 players… they never even finish shouting leeroy…

but if it’s heavily effected by win loss then… i guess i better try and fix that.
does anyone know for sure?

also if it is… when i quit a game is the penalty higher or the same as a loss?

> > Really you guys are all struggling to find game?? I still only have to wait 20 seconds or so to join a game even now whatever playlist i join i admit mostly i just play slayer but still i can join a game or CTF or Dominion Etc just like… that.
>
> idk if its my 70% win percentage in slayer along with my teammates who I’m sure have 65+, but it takes SO SO LONG for me to be put into a match, especially in infinity slayer. It will take at least 2 minutes to find a match, sometimes up to 10.

Not sure i think my W/L is 65% for slayer i jump in with team mates and also loan wolf games too so i’m not really sure but i find games easy enough though and only guessing mine is 65% though because not sure exactly where it tells you? I assume its in the career section-war games-scroll down slayer selected where it tells you your K/D i’m assuming the 65% it say below is my W/L??