Matchmaking is AWFUL.

Definitely MANY steps back from the previous games. It’s awful. Hear me out.
They implemented a system where people can join in the middle of the game. If it worked properly, I would have no problem with it, but it’s making games worse.

In Halo 4, if someone leaves the game, then someone else will join and take place of their slot. This is a good feature. Now. In intermission inbetween games there aren’t the maximum amount of people in the lobby, the GAME WILL STILL START. So you can start the game off as a 1v5 from second 1. ESPECIALLY in objective. If you’re down players in objective you have very very slim chances of winning.

On top of this, when it starts an unbalanced game, sometimes it doesn’t even replace the missing people that it started without. I’ve played a full on 2v5 KoTH match for the WHOLE GAME without anyone else joining. What the hell?

Sometimes, it does add the people back in, but the problem is already broken. It’s too late. The enemy team will already be so far ahead that the game is completely imbalanced. This system is broken

I’ve timed the amount of time it takes to get people back into the game after it starts and imbalanced game with players missing. The fastest it has ever been is 1 minutes 30 seconds.

Due to this, I’m actually playing MORE games with missing people than ever before in any other halo game. The system that 343 created to fix the problem of imbalanced 3v4 games has actually made it worse.

I will be on postpone until 343 actually fixes this, because to me, as a gamer who plays seriously and always trys to win, it isn’t right. I can’t play imbalanced matches like this.

Discuss.

I’m alright with a join in progress… but when a game has a 3 vs 2 start, and the join in progress picks up two players for the opposing team in the first minute making it 3 v 4. It gets kind of annoying when the game ends like that and your team of 3 gets destroyed…

If anything, make it more effective . . . or get rid of it.

I hate that combat moves so fast. The BR is powerful that you don’t even have a chance to turn around and fight back.

BAI NAOW

> I hate that combat moves so fast. The BR is powerful that you don’t even have a chance to turn around and fight back.

Sorry, but thats just you sucking. Halo, more than most, will allow to fight back if someone gets the jump on you…

br too powerful? its less powerful than it was in both h2 and h3.

No. It has faster kill times. It takes one more shot but the shots are way faster, and on top of that it’s hitscan. In terms of power for the BR it’s H4>H2>h3

Voice your opinion on matchmaking here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst137400_TELL-343---Halo-4-Playlist-Preferences.aspx

Totally agree here, the game starting with 4 on 1’s and stuff is very stupid it should still go for the full start.

Dopey, did you even read the thread? This has nothing to do with the playlists. It has to do with the matchmaking and the join in progress system.

> > I hate that combat moves so fast. The BR is powerful that you don’t even have a chance to turn around and fight back.
>
> Sorry, but thats just you sucking. Halo, more than most, will allow to fight back if someone gets the jump on you…

Usually… Most times with the br I’ve heard two shots then I’m dead! Could be a problem with the sound, I’ve noticed as I jump on a mongoose or ghost no sound occurs til several seconds later… As you can imagine if your gettin shot and you don’t realise, it’s far too late

I personally dont think the join in progress should be in Halo at all. If I search outside of a full party I get thrown into games where I’m losing. The two most stand out times were in Infinity Slayer where I was losing 390-210. And ctf on ragnorak losing 3-0 AND even after me and my friend were thrown into it it was STILL a 5v3 in the favor of the opposite team.

Join in progress and kill cams should have been left to CoD, not Halo.

> I hate that combat moves so fast. The BR is powerful that you don’t even have a chance to turn around and fight back.

The weapons are balanced.

If you get jumped in the back with any weapon you are in a disadvantage anyway.

343 said its balanced.

ADAPT.

My only issue with join in progress is that it starta off matches unevenly. It should be used to fill gaps. It shouldn’t be used as an excuse to start with gaps.

> Dopey, did you even read the thread? This has nothing to do with the playlists. It has to do with the matchmaking and the join in progress system.

> - What is your least favorite Halo 4 playlist and why?

I do believe you could tell them why you do not like certain aspects of the playlists.

> > > I hate that combat moves so fast. The BR is powerful that you don’t even have a chance to turn around and fight back.
> >
> > Sorry, but thats just you sucking. Halo, more than most, will allow to fight back if someone gets the jump on you…
>
> Usually… Most times with the br I’ve heard two shots then I’m dead! Could be a problem with the sound, I’ve noticed as I jump on a mongoose or ghost no sound occurs til several seconds later… As you can imagine if your gettin shot and you don’t realise, it’s far too late

I think you might be right about it being sound problem then.
A friend of mine had that on his Campaign runthrough.

The problem I have is that if I am not in a group, like you said, I get tossed into a game where I am on the losing team. This happens 95% of the time so it can get very frustrating. What makes it even worse is if I decide to stick it out and take the loss and just wait for the next game to start, everyone that was playing in that game leaves, and I get tossed into ANOTHER game where I am on the losing team. It is almost impossible to start a fresh game if you are not playing with a group of 3+.