Matchmaking is absolutely garbage now

I think I speak for the majority when I say that the last update to the way you find matches completely ruined the multi-player. I’m not even talking about the weapon tuning update that no one asked for.

Two months or so ago when they changed the way you find games has caused serious delays, errors and overall frustration for people wanting to jump on, play a few games and go about their day. I search both solo(most of the time) and in various sized fireteams from a few to full and its terrible across the board. Takes soooo much longer to find games in most play lists (big team especially) and half the time it gets to step 4/4 loading game and then you sit there for five minutes before it kicks back to the lobby. Brilliant work 343.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274842490950;1:
> I think I speak for the majority when I say that the last update to the way you find matches completely ruined the multi-player. I’m not even talking about the weapon tuning update that no one asked for.
>
> Two months or so ago when they changed the way you find games has caused serious delays, errors and overall frustration for people wanting to jump on, play a few games and go about their day. I search both solo(most of the time) and in various sized fireteams from a few to full and its terrible across the board. Takes soooo much longer to find games in most play lists (big team especially) and half the time it gets to step 4/4 loading game and then you sit there for five minutes before it kicks back to the lobby. Brilliant work 343.

Yep. Been saying this for a few days now only to have everybody jump down my throat saying “Maybe you’re on at the wrong time of the day” lol save your worthless comments kid, if I was on at 3am USA time I wouldn’t even be complaining.

Seen you heaps in BTB and have had the exact same issues. Kicks back to lobby happen every second BTB search, 1,2,3,4 people drop out until it kicks everybody.

Not to mention when a game ends, it freezes your whole game for minutes at a time and you have to restart the game to even search a different playlist.

It’s got so bad I’ve started playing infection with the noobs again (lol).

I usually search BTB solo and would rather play against a team of 8 than not find a game for 20 mins. Wait times between games has seen me actually get ahead in my economics homework lmao. It’s so broken think I might drop this game.

Also InB4 thread lock, mods now in the habbit of locking all threads not deemed “constructive” aka, don’t complain about anything even if it’s justified… or they edit the post lol ^

> 2535409649744584;2:
> > 2533274842490950;1:
> > I think I speak for the majority when I say that the last update to the way you find matches completely ruined the multi-player. I’m not even talking about the weapon tuning update that no one asked for.
> >
> > Two months or so ago when they changed the way you find games has caused serious delays, errors and overall frustration for people wanting to jump on, play a few games and go about their day. I search both solo(most of the time) and in various sized fireteams from a few to full and its terrible across the board. Takes soooo much longer to find games in most play lists (big team especially) and half the time it gets to step 4/4 loading game and then you sit there for five minutes before it kicks back to the lobby. Brilliant work 343.

Haha! Dude, same for me… Regarding actually getting work done waiting in between 10-15 minute search times.

Agree with you 100% man. I am a dedicated Grifballer and ever since this update it has made it impossible for us to find games and when we do find them it takes 15-20 mins against the same sweaties over and over again. I don’t know why they even thought this was a good idea to make social “Fair” when it makes all of us good players suffer for it. It’s ridiculous. We get the “unable to match” screen 3-4 times betore we even get a match if at all. The MMR sytem needs to go for social playlists it does nothing but cause trouble for everyone that was dedicated before this update. I know a large chunk of players who have left the game fully because of this.

Same for me and all of my friends.

I think the game is kicking people from the search lobby by saying ‘unable to join’ which is then making the search times even longer. I was wondering why a single person has always been quitting whenever we get a full lobby and then the unable to join happened to me and I got kicked from the search lobby when it was full.

Where you live will also play a big role. If you live in the urban United States, then that is a problem, but if you live in the middle of Wyoming, I can understand why you are having problems matching. I live in central Texas, and I usually find games within 30 seconds. My internet isn’t even that great; my last post was about the frequency of my random disconnects.

By the way, you probably have done this, but if you haven’t I would suggest switching to the “Expanded” search preference.

I am in fl usa. On balance … Latly takes a good 20 mins to find matches in anything. I cant imagine the pop foe halo 5 un usa has gone down thatuch for me not to be able to find matches. I am on a 100gb. Internet so it shouldn’t be cause of net speed

> 2535460550943257;7:
> Where you live will also play a big role. If you live in the urban United States, then that is a problem, but if you live in the middle of Wyoming, I can understand why you are having problems matching. I live in central Texas, and I usually find games within 30 seconds. My internet isn’t even that great; my last post was about the frequency of my random disconnects.
>
> By the way, you probably have done this, but if you haven’t I would suggest switching to the “Expanded” search preference.

Thanks for the suggestion and I do have my search set to “expanded”. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and prior to the matchmaking update a couple months ago, I found games within seconds constantly. I also have Fios Gigabit connection so I know the problem isn’t on my end. I’ve played enough games and with enough people to know the issues are not on the user side, it’s ALL on 343’s side with the ridiculous update they did.

> 2533274842490950;9:
> > 2535460550943257;7:
> > Where you live will also play a big role. If you live in the urban United States, then that is a problem, but if you live in the middle of Wyoming, I can understand why you are having problems matching. I live in central Texas, and I usually find games within 30 seconds. My internet isn’t even that great; my last post was about the frequency of my random disconnects.
> >
> > By the way, you probably have done this, but if you haven’t I would suggest switching to the “Expanded” search preference.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion and I do have my search set to “expanded”. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and prior to the matchmaking update a couple months ago, I found games within seconds constantly. I also have Fios Gigabit connection so I know the problem isn’t on my end. I’ve played enough games and with enough people to know the issues are not on the user side, it’s ALL on 343’s side with the ridiculous update they did.

Do your games lag very much, or do you disconnect often when you do manage to find a game? If so, it may be that people using the same Internet tower are putting too much demand on it. It’s just hard for me to believe that the problem is on 343’s end, because I haven’t had any problems yet.

“Do your games lag very much, or do you disconnect often when you do manage to find a game? If so, it may be that people using the same Internet tower are putting too much demand on it. It’s just hard for me to believe that the problem is on 343’s end, because I haven’t had any problems yet.”

Games rarely lag when I get in a game and don’t ever disconnect.
Did you play much over the summer? Did you read the multiple replies above yours? Do you play in parties with people and hear their comments or feedback about the issues with matchmaking? I ask all that seriously and not trying to sound rude.
Trust me, this is not an isolated incident with just myself. 343 was very public about the matchmaking changes they made over the summer and since that time, countless people have experienced terrible multi-player search times and error in loading games.

While my match making has gotten a bit slower the games seem to be a bit better matched and I will take that. I would rather have a bit slower matching if the game is going to be better. Now I stick to FFA in ranked, and super fiesta and btb in social. But as H5 population declines there isn’t much that can be done to help match making.

Dude ever since the update went up, not only does it takes longer to find matches in multiplayer, but custom games are even screwed up even more. It was bad enough with the load time and dark screen, but now every time you finish a game, the screen would freeze for minutes and the background music plays, forcing you to constantly restart halo 5. I found this problem occurs when you have a fire team with more than 4-5 players and more. I like to do custom games on a daily basis but at this point it is unplayable and I have to play other halo games until this issue is fixed. I hope 343i resolve this soon so we can enjoy the game again.

Same here, pre-update my teams would find games instantly. Now, we wait forever to find a game, doesn’t matter what size fireteam or playlist. My crew and I literally waited 20 minutes to find a game yesterday evening.

> 2535407005067585;14:
> Same here, pre-update my teams would find games instantly. Now, we wait forever to find a game, doesn’t matter what size fireteam or playlist. My crew and I literally waited 20 minutes to find a game yesterday evening.

Same.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

i miss bungie…

> 2535412594931294;13:
> Dude ever since the update went up, not only does it takes longer to find matches in multiplayer, but custom games are even screwed up even more. It was bad enough with the load time and dark screen, but now every time you finish a game, the screen would freeze for minutes and the background music plays, forcing you to constantly restart halo 5. I found this problem occurs when you have a fire team with more than 4-5 players and more. I like to do custom games on a daily basis but at this point it is unplayable and I have to play other halo games until this issue is fixed. I hope 343i resolve this soon so we can enjoy the game again.

This. Thought it was just me. After this update after every custom game my whole game freezes and I can’t search again unless I restart the game it’s absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention it takes me about 4 or 5 different tries to even get into a custom game because it will put me in the lobby, load bar will go to full then will say “Unable to join” and kick me. It’s ridiculous and I havent had this issue for years until the past few weeks.

InB4 somebody suggests fixing this by turning search preferences to ‘expanded’ hahaha.

My search times have pretty much stayed the same. Popular modes (team slayer, HCS etc) take roughly 3 minutes at best. FFA takes -Yoinking!- forever, like tea making long but thats been pretty much the same deal for a year now. I will say I think the skill matching has gotten a lot better now. Alot less total domination than before. I’m from the UK by the way.

Might just be a coincidence, but after I did the software reset (alternate mac) everything seems to be running much smoother and I am finding games fairly quickly now.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> While my match making has gotten a bit slower the games seem to be a bit better matched and I will take that. I would rather have a bit slower matching if the game is going to be better. Now I stick to FFA in ranked, and super fiesta and btb in social. But as H5 population declines there isn’t much that can be done to help match making.

The curse of an old game, nothing to do about it.