Matchmaking in Halo 5

Hi there,

I’m one of the few Halo players hailing from my country (Maldives) aaand I had quite a tough time playing MCC online. Connections were straight up horrible. Took ages to join a match and when I did, it’d have a proper 300ms ping. Not fun at all. It wasn’t like it when I played Halo 4 on Xbox 360 so I’m just wondering how the matchmaking in Halo 5 is gonna be.

Is it gonna be more like Halo 4 on Xbox 360 or MCC? Is it gonna have dedicated servers? And without a server browser, how exactly does dedicated servers work?

I mean I bought a Xbox One mostly because I wanted to play Halo 5 online so it’d really suck if it lags like it does on MCC.

Regards,
Imy

It’s really hard to say if MCC problems were game-specific, or if they were a function of dedicated servers, or if they came form some other set of factors we don’t even know about. Or some combination of all of the above. You’re also right to point out the possibility of 360 vs. One as a source of trouble. The only thing the seems to offer encouragement is that the H5 beta was a smooth and trouble-free experience, at least state-side. Either way, I think you’re gonna get an answer to your question really soon. U.S. east coast is just a little over nine hours away from launch… Here we go!

I imagine with the fiasco of MCC, 343 will be making sure their servers work. Granted, I won’t be super surprised if the servers are stressed the first few days, but that shouldn’t indicate ongoing issues like MCC had.

> 2535455451217423;3:
> I imagine with the fiasco of MCC, 343 will be making sure their servers work. Granted, I won’t be super surprised if the servers are stressed the first few days, but that shouldn’t indicate ongoing issues like MCC had.

I mean halo 5 is over hyped so i hope the servers can survive the rush of random casual players,343 knights,and just fans coming in the first week lol.