"MatchMaking" in Halo 4 vs. Custom browser

I’m sure you all know what “matchmaking” is; The automatic system that pairs you with team mates and/or an enemy team to duke it out in game defined by whatever rules govern a certain playlist.

But what is the point of having a matchmaking system, that takes out most of the control you have in deciding what or who you want to play? A browser can let you play what you want, with who you want, and will allow you to see how good of a connection you have to the people you play with. The only benefit it has is making the process automatic, but is that worth it to you all for such a loss of control? So why even include matchmaking in Halo?

Well, there is only one reason why a matchmaking system would be better than a browser system. If you match players based on skill. Think about it. All the pros of a browser wouldn’t work for a skill based setting. Matching players by skill is the only reason to even include matchmaking in Halo.

The perfect set-up for Halo would an be entirely ranked matchmaking (ranked does not have to be visible, in fact it could look more like social just without the guests and party’s vs randoms), with a custom game browser for every other gametype out there.

That is another thing, there are so many custom options in Halo, that to make a matchmaking system that tries to include all the popular ones is a difficult task. A custom game browser would make it easy to play all the crazy gametypes out there.

What do you all think, ranked matchmaking with a custom browser, best set up ever?

Naww… It’s just terrible after a while. The top 2-3 maps in the game after the first half year would be the only things played on a browser based Halo. I already have to play on Sword Base all day long. -_- I would like basic MM with no voting option.

> Naww… It’s just terrible after a while. The top 2-3 maps in the game after the first half year would be the only things played on a browser based Halo. I already have to play on Sword Base all day long. -_- I would like basic MM with no voting option.

You would have matchmaking under my system, it would just all be ranked. The browser part would be for playing every other gametype out there at your leisure and under your complete control.

Like I said, what is the point of matching players together unless it is by skill? Who enjoys uneven matches?