Matchmaking in big team.

Matchmaking in big time battle is way off. I keep playing with low level players of even sometimes God level players. What’s up with that.

Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.

I guess that’s true but. Also I seen it happen in slayer in arena. It’s somthing that been going on since the game first started. The only way I can have a good hour of gaming is by teaming up with players at my own rank. Avoiding low levels or God players.

The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.

> 2727626560040591;4:
> The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.

There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.

> 2546678360738636;5:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.
>
>
>
> > 2727626560040591;4:
> > The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.
>
> There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.

I would agree with you if there was a ranked version of BtB, but with just one playlist, one wouldn’t want a full team of 8 just to dominate a random lobby created with no Skill MM. Makes for a boring night for the team and a poor experience for the random team of 8 that gets stomped

> 2533274802441922;6:
> > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2727626560040591;4:
> > > The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.
> >
> > There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.
>
> I would agree with you if there was a ranked version of BtB, but with just one playlist, one wouldn’t want a full team of 8 just to dominate a random lobby created with no Skill MM. Makes for a boring night for the team and a poor experience for the random team of 8 that gets stomped

BTB doesn’t seem like the playlist that should be ranked. If a team of 8 wants to go in and steam roll players, let em. Is rare to find a team of 8 who are that good. BTB usually has a healthy population too so the chances of going up against a team like that are slim to none

> 2546678360738636;7:
> Is rare to find a team of 8 who are that good. BTB usually has a healthy population too so the chances of going up against a team like that are slim to none

That’s not been my experience. I used to match multiple decently skilled full parties that only played BTB on a daily basis which I complained about a lot in the old MM Feedback threads due to mismatched team skill. Eventually, that dropped down to one or two a day when they made the party restrictions tighter, but it also caused many of them to stop playing since they could never find a match. The only time where I didn’t match a party everyday was more recently when they loosened up the restrictions again, but it was still pretty frequent.

> 2727626560040591;8:
> > 2546678360738636;7:
> > Is rare to find a team of 8 who are that good. BTB usually has a healthy population too so the chances of going up against a team like that are slim to none
>
> That’s not been my experience. I used to match multiple decently skilled full parties that only played BTB on a daily basis which I complained about a lot in the old MM Feedback threads due to mismatched team skill. Eventually, that dropped down to one or two a day when they made the party restrictions tighter, but it also caused many of them to stop playing since they could never find a match. The only time where I didn’t match a party everyday was more recently when they loosened up the restrictions again, but it was still pretty frequent.

I guess everyone is going to have a different experience then. I rarely run into parties like that. It’s more frequent when I’m in a party of 8. When it’s just me and a friend or two, it almost never happens. It also depends on which game you’re searching BTB in, too.

> 2546678360738636;5:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.
>
>
>
> > 2727626560040591;4:
> > The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.
>
> There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.

Not entirely. I’m a high-skilled player…and I’m pretty much forced to go in solo in order to even play the game, let alone have fun. The people I play with are all higher-skilled as well. I decided to try and play as a team of 8 for the first time in months. We played maybe 4 matches in an hour and a half. Most of that time was endlessly searching and we had to match the same team of 8, 3 times.

Don’t get me wrong, the tryhard 8v8 games are fun when it’s full team against full team, but even searching in 4s is annoying because then random on the opposing team quit due to us 4 slaughtering through them. Then Slayer games turn into 1 or 2v8 hide and seek fests for 12 minutes and you fight for literally scraps for kills. That’s not fun.

I personally play BTB solo because I enjoy the games. 90% of the time I get 60+ kills in a match, but to balance my skill, my teammates are on the very low end of the spectrum. I get matches fast and my win rate has dropped off due to me having to carry in nearly every game I play. I’m ok with that, seeing as I’m not waiting 20 minutes for matches that turn into blowouts most of the time and getting only a few kills total in them due to that.

> 2533274795739611;10:
> > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2727626560040591;4:
> > > The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.
> >
> > There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.
>
> Not entirely. I’m a high-skilled player…and I’m pretty much forced to go in solo in order to even play the game, let alone have fun. The people I play with are all higher-skilled as well. I decided to try and play as a team of 8 for the first time in months. We played maybe 4 matches in an hour and a half. Most of that time was endlessly searching and we had to match the same team of 8, 3 times.
>
> Don’t get me wrong, the tryhard 8v8 games are fun when it’s full team against full team, but even searching in 4s is annoying because then random on the opposing team quit due to us 4 slaughtering through them. Then Slayer games turn into 1 or 2v8 hide and seek fests for 12 minutes and you fight for literally scraps for kills. That’s not fun.
>
> I personally play BTB solo because I enjoy the games. 90% of the time I get 60+ kills in a match, but to balance my skill, my teammates are on the very low end of the spectrum. I get matches fast and my win rate has dropped off due to me having to carry in nearly every game I play. I’m ok with that, seeing as I’m not waiting 20 minutes for matches that turn into blowouts most of the time and getting only a few kills total in them due to that.

That’s fair. My whole point with this is that I think BTB should be an unranked playlist. With that being said, there should be some sort of filler element as well to avoid games that are 2v8. Overwatch has that where people can join in at any point in time as long as there’s an open spot. I’m pretty sure Halo 5 does the same thing for the Social Playlists. It should be something that MCC has as well.

And I know what you mean by playing solo. I do the same thing. I can carry and end up with half of my teams kills because my teammates are literally from the bottom of the barrel. It’s been like that for as long as I can remember and it never fails. Nearly every game I play solo, I have at least one teammate who goes -10 or worse. The rare time I get a decent teammate, it goes to crap because either I’m betrayed for picking up a power weapon that he/she wants or he/she is simply trying to be a pain and just quits.

Sorry, I digress. Bottom line, I think BTB should be unranked and it should search for the quickest possible matches so search time is as low as possible. Just my opinion anyways

> 2546678360738636;11:
> Overwatch has that where people can join in at any point in time as long as there’s an open spot. I’m pretty sure Halo 5 does the same thing for the Social Playlists.

JIP cuts off after a certain amount of time in BTB which is what I think should happen because I doubt the majority of people want to join a game that’s almost over or severely lopsided in score. It would be nice if there was a surrender option to counter those types of games, but that’s only a wish for the next game.

> 2727626560040591;12:
> > 2546678360738636;11:
> > Overwatch has that where people can join in at any point in time as long as there’s an open spot. I’m pretty sure Halo 5 does the same thing for the Social Playlists.
>
> JIP cuts off after a certain amount of time in BTB which is what I think should happen because I doubt the majority of people want to join a game that’s almost over or severely lopsided in score. It would be nice if there was a surrender option to counter those types of games, but that’s only a wish for the next game.

I’m not so sure about a surrender option but things like that happen. All the more reason for those who really care about BTB, to play with a team instead of solo.

You mention a surrender option which made me think, some type of “vote to kick/boot from game” would be good for those people who are betraying and/or are just terrible teammates. It can be similar to Left 4 Dead 2’s voting system where someone can call a vote to have a player booted from a game for not being a team player.

I have noticed this as well. Some games you crush, some games you are being crushed. Thats just how it seems to go for the most part now. I have noticed this a lot when I used to play swat. 1 good game I could get 20+ kills, the next barely 8.

> 2546678360738636;7:
> > 2533274802441922;6:
> > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > > Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2727626560040591;4:
> > > > The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.
> > >
> > > There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.
> >
> > I would agree with you if there was a ranked version of BtB, but with just one playlist, one wouldn’t want a full team of 8 just to dominate a random lobby created with no Skill MM. Makes for a boring night for the team and a poor experience for the random team of 8 that gets stomped
>
> BTB doesn’t seem like the playlist that should be ranked. If a team of 8 wants to go in and steam roll players, let em. Is rare to find a team of 8 who are that good. BTB usually has a healthy population too so the chances of going up against a team like that are slim to none

There was once a time when BTB was ranked though. Those were dark days.

> 2533274843634673;15:
> > 2546678360738636;7:
> > > 2533274802441922;6:
> > > > 2546678360738636;5:
> > > > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > > > Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2727626560040591;4:
> > > > > The skill matching was tighter in BTB a couple months ago, but it had to be loosened due to population issues.
> > > >
> > > > There shouldn’t be any sort of skill matching in a social/unranked playlist. It’s meant to be fun and casual meaning there shouldn’t be any wasted time trying to pair similarly skilled players, at least in my opinion. Also, playing with friends or a team is always better than going into BTB alone.
> > >
> > > I would agree with you if there was a ranked version of BtB, but with just one playlist, one wouldn’t want a full team of 8 just to dominate a random lobby created with no Skill MM. Makes for a boring night for the team and a poor experience for the random team of 8 that gets stomped
> >
> > BTB doesn’t seem like the playlist that should be ranked. If a team of 8 wants to go in and steam roll players, let em. Is rare to find a team of 8 who are that good. BTB usually has a healthy population too so the chances of going up against a team like that are slim to none
>
> There was once a time when BTB was ranked though. Those were dark days.

I remember those days as well. That playlist didn’t last very long at all

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content or bypass the word filter. Do not make discriminatory remarks.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I have the same thing. I play against -Yoinking!- teams the whole -Yoinking!- time. Get raped every single game while im a pretty decent player but i gget retards in my team and play against pro teams. This mm is so fcked up. Its not fun for me anymore. Everything they change fcks things even more. STOP!!! GIVE FAIR TEAM. instead of trying to balance it unfair. Im so -Yoink- sick of the -Yoink-. The same clan names i see against me over and over. There never in my team nooo, always against me its so unfair for a solo player

> 2533274817408735;2:
> Social playlists allow a wider matchmaking skill gap than ranked. And if you are an above-average skill player, then it’s more likely you will get less skilled teammates to balance out the team’s skill. The best way to avoid this is to form a fireteam of similarly-skilled players before entering matchmaking.

Where is the skill based on? Becousr in my opinion its going a lil unfair most of the times. If i have decent skill and i get 6 or 7 low skilled players against a team of 6 good players and 2 randoms. And that 4 games in a row. Thats not fair

> 2546678360738636;13:
> I’m not so sure about a surrender option but things like that happen. All the more reason for those who really care about BTB, to play with a team instead of solo.
>
> It can be similar to Left 4 Dead 2’s voting system where someone can call a vote to have a player booted from a game for not being a team player.

There can be restrictions in place so the surrender option would only appear under certain conditions like a 40 point score gap or if there are only 3 people left on your team after JIP turned off as a couple examples.

I’d rather keep the current boot system. I haven’t played that game, but a team system seems more impersonal and could possibly be abused since you might not even know the real reasoning as to why that person is getting a boot option.

> 2546678360738636;16:
> I remember those days as well. That playlist didn’t last very long at all

It didn’t last long in H5, but I didn’t really think it was terrible and the worst part about it was teammates that quit. I enjoyed ranked BTB more in H2, but I also played with more parties back then and the whole vibe was more fun.

> 2727626560040591;19:
> > 2546678360738636;13:
> > I’m not so sure about a surrender option but things like that happen. All the more reason for those who really care about BTB, to play with a team instead of solo.
> >
> > It can be similar to Left 4 Dead 2’s voting system where someone can call a vote to have a player booted from a game for not being a team player.
>
> There can be restrictions in place so the surrender option would only appear under certain conditions like a 40 point score gap or if there are only 3 people left on your team after JIP turned off as a couple examples.
>
> I’d rather keep the current boot system. I haven’t played that game, but a team system seems more impersonal and could possibly be abused since you might not even know the real reasoning as to why that person is getting a boot option.
>
>
> > 2546678360738636;16:
> > I remember those days as well. That playlist didn’t last very long at all
>
> It didn’t last long in H5, but I didn’t really think it was terrible and the worst part about it was teammates that quit. I enjoyed ranked BTB more in H2, but I also played with more parties back then and the whole vibe was more fun.

If there were certain circumstances, such as a 40 point gap with only a couple people left on one team, I could see a surrender option becoming feasible. And yes, there’s always a risk of someone abusing a system but at the same time, it gives people an incentive to play with a party/team rather than going in solo.

I also enjoyed ranked BTB back in the Halo 2 days but it became impossible to find a game after a while because either everyone was ranked really high or in the single digits so everything in-between either took forever to find a game or got stuck with some screwy pairings