Matchmaking for Halo Wars .... What goes into selecting who plays whom in 1vs1??

Does the leader that you choose when you’re in the waiting lobby waiting for a match have any effect on who gets chosen for your opponnent? Does the faction you choose have any effect on who the matchmaking service lines up as your opponnent?? [I.E. do they prioritize things like Covvy vs. UNSC for matchups when possilbe]

What factors, other than TrueSkill, are taken into account for 1vs.1 matchmaking??

None of that. It’s just trueskill and who’s on at the time.

> None of that. It’s just trueskill and who’s on at the time.

If that is the case, which was my hope, would we be able to make general “guesstimates” of faction balance in 1vs1 games Covvy vs. UNSC???

Originally I was thinking that would be the case but now I’m doubting my own assumptions because those numbers would possibly be tainted in ways that may throw off the stats and paint the wrong picture … You can only make estimates of UNSC vs. Covvy games [but that should be close]. The big issue is my unfounded assumption that Covvy players may tend to be a whisker more experienced than UNSC players.

Do you think the numbers would be interesting to look at or would be too tainted to really tell us “anything”??

If you only want games near your TrueSkill level, you must “quick search”. Meaning every time it says “Syncing Search Data” you have to stop searching and restart. That’s also how you increase your TS the fastest.

> > None of that. It’s just trueskill and who’s on at the time.
>
> If that is the case, which was my hope, would we be able to make general “guesstimates” of faction balance in 1vs1 games Covvy vs. UNSC???
>
> Originally I was thinking that would be the case but now I’m doubting my own assumptions because those numbers would possibly be tainted in ways that may throw off the stats and paint the wrong picture … You can only make estimates of UNSC vs. Covvy games [but that should be close]. The big issue is my unfounded assumption that Covvy players may tend to be a whisker more experienced than UNSC players.
>
> Do you think the numbers would be interesting to look at or would be too tainted to really tell us “anything”??

here are the basic 1v1 leader matchups…

Anders > vs all other UNSC because of gremlins. and > vs all covi than the other UNSC cuz she goes gauss quicker and cheaper quicker upgrades. can also switch units faster than other unsc.

Brute > vs all other covi, (in most scenarios) Brute is also better than the other covi vs UNSC (in most scenarios) better than arbi cuz arbi cannot rage out of hooks… better than prophet cuz prophet is slow and cannot use honor gaurds to do lots of building damage… plus brutes are strong infantry and control hooks/map

basically unless u know what u are doing Anders or brute is your best bet… personally i also like Arbi, but that is because I am experienced and know how to play him well.

> here are the basic 1v1 leader matchups…
>
> Anders > vs all other UNSC because of gremlins. and > vs all covi than the other UNSC cuz she goes gauss quicker and cheaper quicker upgrades. can also switch units faster than other unsc.
>
> Brute > vs all other covi, (in most scenarios) Brute is also better than the other covi vs UNSC (in most scenarios) better than arbi cuz arbi cannot rage out of hooks… better than prophet cuz prophet is slow and cannot use honor gaurds to do lots of building damage… plus brutes are strong infantry and control hooks/map
>
>
> basically unless u know what u are doing Anders or brute is your best bet… personally i also like Arbi, but that is because I am experienced and know how to play him well.

I won’t argue with your information as it seems to basically conform to what I’ve seen myself.

I would add that Arby backed with Banshees is not pleasant to deal with either. [Although good players can do so …]

> > here are the basic 1v1 leader matchups…
> >
> > Anders > vs all other UNSC because of gremlins. and > vs all covi than the other UNSC cuz she goes gauss quicker and cheaper quicker upgrades. can also switch units faster than other unsc.
> >
> > Brute > vs all other covi, (in most scenarios) Brute is also better than the other covi vs UNSC (in most scenarios) better than arbi cuz arbi cannot rage out of hooks… better than prophet cuz prophet is slow and cannot use honor gaurds to do lots of building damage… plus brutes are strong infantry and control hooks/map
> >
> >
> > basically unless u know what u are doing Anders or brute is your best bet… personally i also like Arbi, but that is because I am experienced and know how to play him well.
>
> I won’t argue with your information as it seems to basically conform to what I’ve seen myself.
>
> I would add that Arby backed with Banshees is not pleasant to deal with either. [Although good players can do so …]

Arbi is very good IMO as well, but Brute can control hooks early on much better/easier than arbi IMO. the chopper is also very good early on, as it does a lot of damage to hogs and ghosts and can ram infantry at hooks…

Arbi is harder to play against brute because he must play defense. that is why i say brute is better, especially for the less skilled players.

I basically agree with everything you mentioned esp. in terms of getting & holding hooks & such. The Brute to me seems to be a well-rounded Covvy leader while Arby tends to be either OP or CRAP [exaggeration] depending on the circumstances.

> Does the leader that you choose when you’re in the waiting lobby waiting for a match have any effect on who gets chosen for your opponnent? Does the faction you choose have any effect on who the matchmaking service lines up as your opponnent?? [I.E. do they prioritize things like Covvy vs. UNSC for matchups when possilbe]
>
> What factors, other than TrueSkill, are taken into account for 1vs.1 matchmaking??

Theres a matchmaking system in Halo Wars? Do they ever plan on implementing it?

I don’t like how it is set up because I am like stuck at a 13 True skill. Even when I win it doesn’t go up!

It’s always fun bumping 10 Halo Wars threads at one time.

Sorry, is that a bad thing to do? I got excited I found a community to talk Halo Wars with.