Matchmaking degrading?

Has anybody else noticed a dramatic increase in the number of campers/teabaggers/screamers in matchmaking lately? I’m used to have a game or two devoted to getting surprised by kids that think sitting around corners with a sword or a shotgun is a strategy and getting teabagged as a victory dance, but for the past three days every single game I’ve been in has been full of the aforementioned undesireables. I don’t mean to make a topic devoted to complaining, I’m just wondering if anybody else has noticed a similar phenomenon and if someone could explain it. Surely I didn’t stumble into matchmaking during a “campers and teabaggers occupy matchmaking weekend” or something.

I certainly haven’t noticed an increase in such players lately.

> I certainly haven’t noticed an increase in such players lately.

Consider yourself lucky. And thanks for the response. Guess I’ll give it another go tonight.

Edit: Yep, just played a game of BTB (friend’s request, I don’t usually play BTB), and there was…
-1 inheritor on our team that stopped playing after his first medal. Credit leech.
-3 people sitting at the sniper spawn.
-2 people shooting at our wraith.
-2 people on the other team crouching behind our teleporter exit.

I’m convinced that Reach’s matchmaking has gone to hell. Surely I’m not the only person that has noticed this.

> > I certainly haven’t noticed an increase in such players lately.
>
> Consider yourself lucky. And thanks for the response. Guess I’ll give it another go tonight.
>
> Edit: Yep, just played a game of BTB (friend’s request, I don’t usually play BTB), and there was…
> -1 inheritor on our team that stopped playing after his first medal. Credit leech.
> -3 people sitting at the sniper spawn.
> -2 people shooting at our wraith.
> -2 people on the other team crouching behind our teleporter exit.
>
> I’m convinced that Reach’s matchmaking has gone to hell. Surely I’m not the only person that has noticed this.

I’ve had maybe 2 games like that, ever.

Nothing new. It always’ve been in Halo. In other way - no, I didn’t notice any increasing of these players.

Maybe I’m mistaken… thanks for the responses everybody.

A little bit, but right now my Xbox Live has expired. My friends (who are all Call of Duty players who are playing Reach more than usual these couple of weeks) may be used as an explanation for the degrading of Reach matchmaking.

> A little bit, but right now my Xbox Live has expired. My friends (who are all Call of Duty players who are playing Reach more than usual these couple of weeks) may be used as an explanation for the degrading of Reach matchmaking.

lol

> Has anybody else noticed a dramatic increase in the number of campers/teabaggers/screamers in matchmaking lately? I’m used to have a game or two devoted to getting surprised by kids that think sitting around corners with a sword or a shotgun is a strategy and getting teabagged as a victory dance, but for the past three days every single game I’ve been in has been full of the aforementioned undesireables. I don’t mean to make a topic devoted to complaining, I’m just wondering if anybody else has noticed a similar phenomenon and if someone could explain it. Surely I didn’t stumble into matchmaking during a “campers and teabaggers occupy matchmaking weekend” or something.

Man that is why I can’t pop in that halo Reach disc in my xbox anymore. In a way I do want to play it but can’t really bring myself to do it when I turn my xbox on. Allot of this is because of the population. Just the other day I got in the gunner seat of a Guasshog cragmire, didn’t have anyone i could trust playing me and the driver that jumped in the hog just droveit off the cliff -Yoink- soon as he got a chance to. He griefed me over the fact that he couldn’t get in the gunner seat over me. I don’t know when I play team games, If I don’t get the weapon or vehicle I want I still support and back up that teamate rather than killing them or letting the enemy team know where they are at.

BTB im not playing that freak playlist anymore, always bad teammates shooting at you, killing you just to get the sniper/shotgun. shooting at the vehicle you are -.-

I thought Reach was always like that.

Hmm, I haven’t noticed this, hopefully I never will.

I’ve always noticed the tea-bagging; but it doesn’t really bother me anymore. Half the time they -Yoink!-, they quit paying attention to their surroundings and usually end up dying as a result.

The cR Leeches… I’ve noticed them more lately, it’s pretty annoying :/. The screaming is a non-issue, I generally keep my headset volume turned off because of encountering it a lot in the past. (Or just general bad sportsmanship from teammates.) Playing with friends makes it a lot easier to avoid that 'though.

What you’ve described it BTB. When I used to play that a while back (before TU) I’d always get that.

What irritates me now (on my fav playlists, MLG) is the amount of stat padders. Kids who get the Sniper and will sit in our Objective (Sanc), in Sword (Pit) or camp in top holos (Zealot)l these guys pee me off. They essentially lose you the game but will get a 2.0 and start boasting about it. Then I get mad because I hate losing to a worse team, and just rage away at him or just quit.

What also annoyes me is -Yoink- to MLG. I don’t mind newkids because everyone was once one. But, ones who go around not taking on board what you’re saying, ignoring you, messing around, breaking position in a spawn kill and taking Snipes all the time when they can’t use the thing.

Oh, and dudes with no mics should just get out of MLG.

/rant

Maybe 343i should make a separate slayer playlist for people that want to camp? That’d get them some huge points in my book… not that they can really control who does what on what playlist, but still.