Matchmaking Bug, Freezing Game

This is not a thread about bans, but merely a bug in matchmaking.

After completing a game of SWAT, Halo 5 froze in the post-game menu without displaying the post-game menu (only the options to leave the screen and my name in the top right corner). I couldn’t do anything, couldn’t back out or enter/exit any menus, so I quit Halo 5 and rebooted the game.

After the game boots back up, Halo 5 states I have been banned for 2hrs for being idle.

On top of that, prior to the SWAT ban, I was kicked from an Infection game where I was hiding in a corner on the newly refreshed Power Installation map. I was hiding and looking around me for zombies when I get booted with the error message saying “Wake Up John,” telling me I wasn’t playing when I was. This game is busted after the recent update…had no problems before then. Now I keep having this stuff happen.

This is a major matchmaking glitch that needs to be addressed otherwise I’m not playing this game anymore.

I just posted in a couple of threads praising 343i and then this happens.

Really upset right now.

EDIT TO ADD 1:

Wow it gets even better…I just received an Arena Win REQ Pack for winning that SWAT match. This game is messed up right now.

EDIT TO ADD 2:

Now my armor switched itself without me doing anything.

K, think I’m done with Halo for a long time. Probably not gonna buy H6 if this type of problem persists. Unacceptable.

> 2535452739627433;1:
> This is not a thread about bans, but merely a bug in matchmaking.
>
> After completing a game of SWAT, Halo 5 froze in the post-game menu without displaying the post-game menu (only the options to leave the screen and my name in the top right corner). I couldn’t do anything, couldn’t back out or enter/exit any menus, so I quit Halo 5 and rebooted the game.
>
> After the game boots back up, Halo 5 states I have been banned for 2hrs for being idle.
>
> On top of that, prior to the SWAT ban, I was kicked from an Infection game where I was hiding in a corner on the newly refreshed Power Installation map. I was hiding and looking around me for zombies when I get booted with the error message saying “Wake Up John,” telling me I wasn’t playing when I was. This game is busted after the recent update…had no problems before then. Now I keep having this stuff happen.
>
> This is a major matchmaking glitch that needs to be addressed otherwise I’m not playing this game anymore.
>
> I just posted in a couple of threads praising 343i and then this happens.
>
> Really upset right now.
>
> EDIT TO ADD 1:
>
> Wow it gets even better…I just received an Arena Win REQ Pack for winning that SWAT match. This game is messed up right now.
>
> EDIT TO ADD 2:
>
> Now my armor switched itself without me doing anything.
>
> K, think I’m done with Halo for a long time. Probably not gonna buy H6 if this type of problem persists. Unacceptable.

“Wake up john” is the message you receive when you’ve been idle to long. That wasn’t an error message, it isn’t a bug. You went afk, got booted, and then received a short ban. As you well know there is a progressive discipline system in effect for misconduct in matchmaking which includes AFKing. Which can be discussed here.