Matchmaking- 343 Please help me

Please make note that i play alot of grifball.

Still we have made no progress and nothing has been done about Boosters and full lobbies.Every time this occurs i think to myself, “maybe i should start boosting since i can’t be banned” but every time i think about it my love for Halo stops me. But enough about that, today i supposibly met a grifball pro (Link to his B.net) and i told him how i felt about the stat boosters on the other team. (Link to Stat boosters)
He then tells me he’s always matching up with Boosters and Full lobbies constantly and consecutively, this worried me to make this forum.This player who actually has skill and deserves his rank being attacked by boosters who used to hide in the dark like cowards.He shouldn’t be experiencing the terror of “Halo’s new community”,We need action ASAP!

343 if you could make the Banhammer come down so hard with extreme prejudice like Bungie once did, that would make my day.

Unless the k/d stats are skewed horribly in any mode (for multiple games in a row), the banhammer won’t take notice, as it is apparently automated. What you (and I) want would require an actual person actively observing the game. 343 simply does not have the manpower to moderate every match, but an occasional moderator would be a nice gesture.

A few ways 343 could discourage boosting:

1. Prohibit “guest account” players. But this would anger a lot of legitimate players.
  2. Tighten the parameters for what the banhammer recognizes as boosting. Some people who weren’t boosting could get in trouble.
  3. Only allow parties of 2 in matchmaking. This would make many, many people angry.

The point is, regardless of how reasonable the action taken is, there’s going to be somebody legitimately angry or unjustly hurt. I play a lot of Grifball too, and I just go with it. The match will end eventually, and I can select “avoid” on all the players who were boosting. It’s not the best or easiest system, but it’s all we have at the moment.

Halocharts takes action if you can give them examples of consistent boosting

Technically they’re not doing anything wrong, so the banhammer won’t come down on them anytime soon.

The only times I’ve boosted in Grifball is when my lazy friends want to get the weekly. Of course I might get it if I’m close enough, though last week I got it legitly. Though on Saturday they wanted my help again. Grifball shouldn’t be take too seriously dude.

I recommended to Bungie that we make it to where it is impossible to bring in more then 1 full team of players in any playlist(excluding Rumble Pit), but I got flamed, laughed at, and ignored.

Sorry dude. My advice, don’t worry about it.

> Technically they’re not doing anything wrong, so the banhammer won’t come down on them anytime soon.

Technically there’s nothing wrong with AFKing Quitting or suiciding non stop. Your just doing what the game allows you to do but there bannable.

But Bungie has said you can’t be banned for full party boosting and I think 343i are using the same automated ban system.

> The only times I’ve boosted in Grifball is when my lazy friends want to get the weekly. Of course I might get it if I’m close enough, though last week I got it legitly. Though on Saturday they wanted my help again. Grifball shouldn’t be take too seriously dude.
>
> I recommended to Bungie that we make it to where it is impossible to bring in more then 1 full team of players in any playlist(excluding Rumble Pit), but I got flamed, laughed at, and ignored.
>
> Sorry dude. My advice, don’t worry about it.

If you play with me, you’ll see the seriousness when your trying to aquire the bomb and all the enemy is doing is stat boosting. It’s tiring, and makes me angry >:|

> grifball pro

I died

What needs to happen is a a few moderators for each play list that are not know by anyone outside of themselves/343 to be in each playlist looking for boosters and cheaters. Then when they play a game where they get suspicion they look at the game history of the other players and ban as needed. To bad this will never ever happen.

Spawn camping, however douchey, is a fundamental part of Grifball. You’d be stupid not to spawn kill once you have the advantage, and to be honest if you are better than/as good as them you can escape it. Boosting however (having 5 people in a team and just letting the one guy get mega-sprees) is annoying and unfair.
And to be honest, just like with Big Team spawn-traps, you can hardly just expect them to give you back the ground when they know they can score it later on anyway.

> Spawn camping, however douchey, is a fundamental part of Grifball. You’d be stupid not to spawn kill once you have the advantage, and to be honest if you are better than/as good as them you can escape it. Boosting however (having 5 people in a team and just letting the one guy get mega-sprees) is annoying and unfair.
> And to be honest, just like with Big Team spawn-traps, you can hardly just expect them to give you back the ground when they know they can score it later on anyway.

I agree “Spawn Camping” is what Grifball is about but I really never get spawn killed. What bothers me is indeed like you said a full lobby with 1 or more of their lobby in your team. But i don’t spawn camp Grif…I’m the ball carrier who assists the spawn killers.

Just like the system in COD, people should be booted after a period of say, 30 seconds, of inactivity. So if they don’t move more than 5 metres or shoot, they should be kicked from the game, and if it happens again they get banned for 24 hours. Unless there are players who like camping in their spawn place with default weapons…
The only problem is if half the team is AFK, but if they are regulars they shouldn’t be in very many lobbies.