matching ranks so unbalanced?!?

Why is it every time I go into a game I’ll be stuck with lower ranks and the other team is stacked with alot higher ranks??? Perfect example just played a ranked game in slayer and we lost 50-20… I’m a diamond 6 and I got stuck with a platnuim 3, platnuim 6 and an unranked player who wasn’t good… on the other team two 1700 onyx’s, diamond 6 and an unranked player who was obviously an onyx??? I don’t get it?? Ruining this game for a lot of people getting frustrated going into ranked Matches which are suppose to be some what even in ranks and they’re not even close haha??

blame 343’s “skill matching gap” its on the feb 13 matchmaking update in which i read and makes no sense. i been in the same situation as you but i play mostly solo area. i get matched with people who are just so miserably bad at this game. i barely rank on platinum 1 on slayer due to the noobs i play with and not to mention that they leave games. in addition, i get matched with high diamond near onyx due to my skill level but my team are always garbage.

> 2533274819788427;1:
> Why is it every time I go into a game I’ll be stuck with lower ranks and the other team is stacked with alot higher ranks??? Perfect example just played a ranked game in slayer and we lost 50-20… I’m a diamond 6 and I got stuck with a platnuim 3, platnuim 6 and an unranked player who wasn’t good… on the other team two 1700 onyx’s, diamond 6 and an unranked player who was obviously an onyx??? I don’t get it?? Ruining this game for a lot of people getting frustrated going into ranked Matches which are suppose to be some what even in ranks and they’re not even close haha??

To be fair that’s not even that bad. Anything one their above or below is fairly even. Its only when the game starts matching many their differences does It become uneven.

Your D6 right? So that mean the next rank is O1500. So an O1700 is not too far off really. You said the lowest on your team was a P3. And again not too far off. If you had golds or O1800 then, yes I would say that’s unfair. But the way I see it is if you are say, gold 1. Anything from silver 1 to plat 6 is fair game.

You lost because they were a party of three and maybe just better players which would only make the blowout worse. Their unranked player was a smurf account, but your unranked player was a high onyx/low champ player. What’s funny is the lowest ranked person on your team did the best, but I agree that visually the rank difference could’ve been a little bit closer regarding the platinums on your team unless their skill level was around the other team’s level.

> 2535452673736188;2:
> blame 343’s “skill matching gap” its on the feb 13 matchmaking update in which i read and makes no sense. i been in the same situation as you but i play mostly solo area. i get matched with people who are just so miserably bad at this game. i barely rank on platinum 1 on slayer due to the noobs i play with and not to mention that they leave games. in addition, i get matched with high diamond near onyx due to my skill level but my team are always garbage.

Ya 343 just isn’t doing much to help this game seems liken between the rank matching gaps and lag issues… BRING BACK BUNGIE!!!

> Ya 343 just isn’t doing much to help this game seems liken between the rank matching gaps and lag issues… BRING BACK BUNGIE!!!

Ummm, while I feel your pain regarding H5 and the matchmaking system being…not good, as someone that has suffered through the last what, 3ish?, years of Destiny matchmaking, balance patches, sbmm, enforced metas etc and was there for Reach on day one (bloom, armour lock, jet packs…) lets not bring back Bungie. At all.

> Ummm, while I feel your pain regarding H5 and the matchmaking system being…not good, as someone that has suffered through the last what, 3ish?, years of Destiny matchmaking, balance patches, sbmm, enforced metas etc and was there for Reach on day one (bloom, armour lock, jet packs…) lets not bring back Bungie. At all.

ill take armor lock, invis, jet packs any day over -Yoink- forged BTB maps and the -Yoink!- Req system

I’d like to throw 343 under the bus for this one, but the truth is that this is no different than any Halo game ever was in terms of the quality of matchmaking. Or rather, the poor quality of matchmaking. The fact that this game is no worse than Halo 3, and manages that feat with what must be a tenth the population, is some kind of point in their favor. Yes, this system is deeply flawed, but as long as we have a small population, as long as there are a lot of people trying to cheat the system, and as long as there are people playing in fireteams while others queue solo, then this is likely as good as it will ever get. How’s that for a “buck up, young Spartan?”

> 2533274819788427;5:
> > 2535452673736188;2:
> > blame 343’s “skill matching gap” its on the feb 13 matchmaking update in which i read and makes no sense. i been in the same situation as you but i play mostly solo area. i get matched with people who are just so miserably bad at this game. i barely rank on platinum 1 on slayer due to the noobs i play with and not to mention that they leave games. in addition, i get matched with high diamond near onyx due to my skill level but my team are always garbage.
>
> Ya 343 just isn’t doing much to help this game seems liken between the rank matching gaps and lag issues… BRING BACK BUNGIE!!!

Whoa… careful what you wish for… Destiny is a mess

The rank system is messed up. It’s so easy to boost. Champs alot of the time play with low levels in there fireteam to play lower level players. Blame smurfing.