Match Composer in Infinite - would it be possible?

Implementing the Match Composer into Infinite?

As most of you already probably know, the MCC has gotten a new feature called the “Match Composer” a few months ago. No longer you have to play crossplay playlists and hope that your favorite title would show up. Everyone can play the game they want to. Not only that, you’re able to chose what gametype you would like to play.

In my opinion, this system is way superior to the one we have in Guardians. I never liked the rotational playlist system and to be honest I really don’t get the “keeps the game fresh” argument here. In the end - you add something, but on the other hand, other gametypes get removed. Don’t get me wrong, there are some interesting, new ones - but it’s a shame that they are always getting replaced w. other ones. Most people just wanna play their favorite gametype, when they turn their Xbox On. This leads to inconsistency and at some point people lose interest.

Instead of this system, I’d much prefer the Match Composer, where any gametype (& variant) is available at any given time. Obviously Halo Infinite will be just one single game, so you need other options. Chosing between different games is not an option here.

-Following Gametypes would have their own slot. Each of them obviously will have several variants.

• Slayer
  • Swat
  • Snipers (Regular, Shotty Snipers)
  • CTF (Neutral CTF, One-Flag CTF, Gungoose CTF, Multi Flag etc.)
  • Assault (Multi Bomb, Single Assault, Neutral Bomb, Grifball, Riochlet etc.)
  • Oddball (Lowball, Ninjaball, Rocketball, Regicide, Juggernaut etc.)
  • King of the Hill (Territorries, Strongholds, Crazy King, Team Crazy King etc.)
  • Action Sack (Castle Wars, Race and other community made modes)
  • Infection (regular, linear)
  • FFA
  • Community-Gametypes (Like Roaming King, Elimination etc.)
  • Firefight (ODST, Reach + something similiar to this Variant 3)---------------------------

Other options

• Choose Player Size (8vs8 for BTB, 4vs4 medium sized maps, 2vs2 for Doubles etc. )

• Map voting returns.

• Turn Join Match in Progress ON / OFF

• Turn Community made Maps / Dev. made Maps ON / OFF---------------------------

The advantages of this system are pretty obvious

• Rotational playlists are gone, gametypes will stay permanent . Be able to play whatever you want, whenever you want in Arena.
  • Be able to select multiple gametypes or be very specificSo, would something similiar to the match composer not be better? Or do you prefer the system which we had in guardians?

I think it’d be a great addition to Infinite. The match composer is a luxury that surprised me at first because I always wanted something like that but I never thought it would happen. The MCC and Infinite are tied in a way, I think 343 is hyping up MCC in preparation for Infinite since Infinite is using the old art style. So I think it’s safe to say that a lot of the quality of life improvements in MCC will most likely come to Infinite, but who knows.

I would love to see it in Infinite. Everyone that wanted to play a particular way would get what they want.

I personally would be excited to see 1v1 in the game at launch thanks to the Match Composer.

I’d been waiting for Match Composer since the OG Halo 3 days when I first started playing online. I’m so glad they released it for MCC. I sincerely hope it’s in Infinite because I often want the game to surprise me from a set number of playlists.

As for it being possible, I don’t see why not. I feel like it would be harder to implement for a game like MCC which has to search in multiple playlists for multiple “sub-games.”

Match composer is probably the best feature they added to MCC and I think it should not only be in H6, but should also be a standard for all multiplayer games moving forward, given said games even have enough modes for it to be worth it.

I’m ok with it as long as I can choose slayer only. I have not updated the MCC so I’m not sure what it does.

> 2592250499819446;6:
> I’m ok with it as long as I can choose slayer only. I have not updated the MCC so I’m not sure what it does.

This video will most likely help you to understand the Match Composer better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iPQQivUW5A

> 2533274815711361;3:
> I would love to see it in Infinite. Everyone that wanted to play a particular way would get what they want.
>
> I personally would be excited to see 1v1 in the game at launch thanks to the Match Composer.

Yup, there should be an option to choose the player size. This is why I haven’t put BTB / Doubles etc. in my gametypes list. The moment you select 8vs8 you’re obviously going to play on a BTB Map.