Match Composer in Halo 5?

Does anyone like the idea of a Match Composer for Halo 5? With its impending release for MCC, Match Composer is the first of its kind for a Halo game. I think custom matchmaking searching in other games has been pretty nice, at least for me. I feel like it would work fine for Halo 5 as well. Though unlike MCC, I think they would still need to keep the normal playlists around an selectable.

If this match composer thing works the way I think it works, then it’s exactly what Master Chief Collection needed from the beginning. My biggest complaint with MCC was how its multiplayer annoyingly had all the different games jumbled up together. Before I played it, I naively assumed we would be able to select the specific Halo game within it, and then go into that game’s multiplayer. But the match composer is even better than that.

I wouldn’t mind having it in Halo 5. I’d be playing Big Team Super Fiesta on Viking all day every day. The only downside I can think of would be Halo 5’s low population possibly making it harder to find games in less popular gametypes/maps, but maybe we will get something like a match composer in Halo Infinite.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> If this match composer thing works the way I think it works, then it’s exactly what Master Chief Collection needed from the beginning. My biggest complaint with MCC was how its multiplayer annoyingly had all the different games jumbled up together. Before I played it, I naively assumed we would be able to select the specific Halo game within it, and then go into that game’s multiplayer. But the match composer is even better than that.
>
> I wouldn’t mind having it in Halo 5. I’d be playing Big Team Super Fiesta on Viking all day every day. The only downside I can think of would be Halo 5’s low population possibly making it harder to find games in less popular gametypes/maps, but maybe we will get something like a match composer in Halo Infinite.

H5 population just isn’t there to have something this complex

If they made it where you could search multiple playlists at the same time then it would help, but outside of that I don’t think it would be needed. It wouldn’t really help with the population either which would be made worse with that kind of feature and H5 can’t afford a lower population.

> 2533274836333284;3:
> > 2533274904158628;2:
> >
>
> H5 population just isn’t there to have something this complex

It has a higher pop than MCC and they’re giving it to that… so never know I guess.

> 2533274904158628;2:
> If this match composer thing works the way I think it works, then it’s exactly what Master Chief Collection needed from the beginning. My biggest complaint with MCC was how its multiplayer annoyingly had all the different games jumbled up together. Before I played it, I naively assumed we would be able to select the specific Halo game within it, and then go into that game’s multiplayer. But the match composer is even better than that.
>
> I wouldn’t mind having it in Halo 5. I’d be playing Big Team Super Fiesta on Viking all day every day. The only downside I can think of would be Halo 5’s low population possibly making it harder to find games in less popular gametypes/maps, but maybe we will get something like a match composer in Halo Infinite.

That’s funny, we all seemed to have different desires for MCC. I personally love how the games’ multiplayers are jumbled together. To each their own I guess

Given that they have already said that there will be no big updates for H5 I don’t see that this will fly

> 2533274841449249;7:
> Given that they have already said that there will be no big updates for H5 I don’t see that this will fly

You are almost certainly correct. I mostly just wanted to see what people thought of the idea, didn’t really expect 343 to add it. Hopefully if it is successful in MCC, it will be a feature in Infinite at launch.

> 2533274913913392;8:
> > 2533274841449249;7:
> > Given that they have already said that there will be no big updates for H5 I don’t see that this will fly
>
> You are almost certainly correct. I mostly just wanted to see what people thought of the idea, didn’t really expect 343 to add it. Hopefully if it is successful in MCC, it will be a feature in Infinite at launch.

That would be a good idea

> 2533274913913392;5:
> > 2533274836333284;3:
> > > 2533274904158628;2:
> > >
> >
> > H5 population just isn’t there to have something this complex
>
> It has a higher pop than MCC and they’re giving it to that… so never know I guess.

True true but could always change it but I doubt that they will