Mastodon , sad

This vehicle really should have shields after the last upgrade. Mastodon is extreamly slow, and gets shredded Easily. I get it, it’s a troop carrier primarily APC, but it’s not even worth getting if you mid game.

I was disappointed there wasn’t more upgrades for it. Could be a great weapon if you could add a shield or upgrade its gun. Still love it for strongholds, but thats about it.

make more than one and put fully upgraded marines in them, keeps them alive, otherwise I guess they might be UP

Wasn’t even aware there was an APC in the game

What about if the Mastadon and time for heroes swapped so you had a strong vehicle early game and less JR/Marine spam from Jerome early?

> 2533274792014876;5:
> What about if the Mastadon and time for heroes swapped so you had a strong vehicle early game and less JR/Marine spam from Jerome early?

YES. That would be amazing. But you’d need something T1 the Mastodon loses against.

> 2533274924073601;6:
> > 2533274792014876;5:
> > What about if the Mastadon and time for heroes swapped so you had a strong vehicle early game and less JR/Marine spam from Jerome early?
>
> YES. That would be amazing. But you’d need something T1 the Mastodon loses against.

What if the swap happened, but the costing for the Mastadon changed slightly to be 300/200?
Turrets do chew through them, but they would remain the core troop carrier role. There could also be a slight speed buff on them, but put them in that solid early game troop carrier role because they do not really pack a huge punch.

Turrets could shut them down, but that push to tech 2 would dominate them for both sides of the board. Scouts en masse also hurt them pretty well from what I have seen. But currently nobody is really using them as JR Time for heroes spam is running the show.

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274924073601;6:
> > > 2533274792014876;5:
> > > What about if the Mastadon and time for heroes swapped so you had a strong vehicle early game and less JR/Marine spam from Jerome early?
> >
> > YES. That would be amazing. But you’d need something T1 the Mastodon loses against.
>
> What if the swap happened, but the costing for the Mastadon changed slightly to be 300/200?
> Turrets do chew through them, but they would remain the core troop carrier role. There could also be a slight speed buff on them, but put them in that solid early game troop carrier role because they do not really pack a huge punch.
>
> Turrets could shut them down, but that push to tech 2 would dominate them for both sides of the board. Scouts en masse also hurt them pretty well from what I have seen. But currently nobody is really using them as JR Time for heroes spam is running the show.

Although, I don’t think the power cost would need to go up that high as you wouldn’t be able to pump them AND snipers at the same time without being completely power broke. You would have a clear choice of going either grenade marines from expos AND mastadons through your main base. If you tried to pump multiples as well as snipers - you would get out tech’d pretty heavily by your opposition who saw the mastadons coming as they are slow.

> 2533274792014876;8:
> > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > 2533274924073601;6:
> > > > 2533274792014876;5:
> > > > What about if the Mastadon and time for heroes swapped so you had a strong vehicle early game and less JR/Marine spam from Jerome early?
> > >
> > > YES. That would be amazing. But you’d need something T1 the Mastodon loses against.
> >
> > What if the swap happened, but the costing for the Mastadon changed slightly to be 300/200?
> > Turrets do chew through them, but they would remain the core troop carrier role. There could also be a slight speed buff on them, but put them in that solid early game troop carrier role because they do not really pack a huge punch.
> >
> > Turrets could shut them down, but that push to tech 2 would dominate them for both sides of the board. Scouts en masse also hurt them pretty well from what I have seen. But currently nobody is really using them as JR Time for heroes spam is running the show.
>
> Although, I don’t think the power cost would need to go up that high as you wouldn’t be able to pump them AND snipers at the same time without being completely power broke. You would have a clear choice of going either grenade marines from expos AND mastadons through your main base. If you tried to pump multiples as well as snipers - you would get out tech’d pretty heavily by your opposition who saw the mastadons coming as they are slow.

Boosting the power cost would be a good way to approach it- devastating a push for T2. Would the Phantom see a similar change? Both units can’t really seem to find a niche at the point in the game they become available.

I do think Time for Heroes being such a quick unlock is the biggest problem with it, though. The thing that’s supposed to hold it back is the pop requirement, but at the stage of the game you get it you’re at low pop so you always have the buff.

> 2533274924073601;9:
> > 2533274792014876;8:
> > > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > > 2533274924073601;6:
> > > > > 2533274792014876;5:
> > > > > What about if the Mastadon and time for heroes swapped so you had a strong vehicle early game and less JR/Marine spam from Jerome early?
> > > >
> > > > YES. That would be amazing. But you’d need something T1 the Mastodon loses against.
> > >
> > > What if the swap happened, but the costing for the Mastadon changed slightly to be 300/200?
> > > Turrets do chew through them, but they would remain the core troop carrier role. There could also be a slight speed buff on them, but put them in that solid early game troop carrier role because they do not really pack a huge punch.
> > >
> > > Turrets could shut them down, but that push to tech 2 would dominate them for both sides of the board. Scouts en masse also hurt them pretty well from what I have seen. But currently nobody is really using them as JR Time for heroes spam is running the show.
> >
> > Although, I don’t think the power cost would need to go up that high as you wouldn’t be able to pump them AND snipers at the same time without being completely power broke. You would have a clear choice of going either grenade marines from expos AND mastadons through your main base. If you tried to pump multiples as well as snipers - you would get out tech’d pretty heavily by your opposition who saw the mastadons coming as they are slow.
>
> Boosting the power cost would be a good way to approach it- devastating a push for T2. Would the Phantom see a similar change? Both units can’t really seem to find a niche at the point in the game they become available.
>
> I do think Time for Heroes being such a quick unlock is the biggest problem with it, though. The thing that’s supposed to hold it back is the pop requirement, but at the stage of the game you get it you’re at low pop so you always have the buff.

Messing around with Mastadons for a bit 4 non-upgraded JRs will kill the Mastadon with 3 marines inside of it and then take out the marines inside with 1 JR left at the end if you micro well enough.
8 grenades are required from marines to take out a mastodon.
They do take 30 seconds to build and take forever to get across the map so it would be an interesting change.

The scary part would be snipers in Mastadons, but with the economy now of 400/100 it would make them very hard to field both them and snipers early on within the 5 minute mark of gameplay. You could build snipers early and focus on map control with them risking not getting grenade OR build scouts to protect early as well as a few snipers against opposing marines. Then put all of your snipers into the Mastadons later. You however would kill your push into tech 2.

I think the 400/100 would be a good starting point if T4H and Mastadon were swapped. Then if it’s too OP in practice bump up the cost of power on them and reduce supply. Because of how slow they are, it puts them in a rough spot as scouts can hurt them early.