Master commendation prizes...

• Covenant Loadout Master unlocks you a Recon helmet with a skin.
  • UNSC Loadout Master unlocks you a pose that looks okay, but not worth gaining.
    Those are just examples of how unworthy the commendations really are. There are a lot more that are not worthy, but these are the main ones I think.

Which master commendation do you think is completely unworthy for yourself and your Spartan?

Agreed, they are both awful. For the amount of effort it would take to unlock either of them (considering you would often have to sacrifice good play in order to kill with specific weapons) is not even slightly correspondant to the reward gained.

Then again, I am kind of happy with that because it means I have no reason to ever bother with it.

What about the XP? I consider Commendations a side goal that has a little XP boost reward at the end.

Don’t look at the cosmetic side, look at the actual reward :wink:

I am looking forward to getting that Breach stance. It is my favorite with Believe and Assault close behind.

And I don’t find any to be unworthy… just simply not my taste.

I REALLY want that Vanguard armour so that I can Biotic Charge all over the place.

The Covenant loadout master would take far too long, because how’re you supposed to kill players with the Plasma Pistol, when it’s like Halo 3’s? That’s a commendation that’s unworthy for me.
There are a lot of prizes for the commendations, and commendations altogether completely not my taste.

I forgot to add about that! The EXP that you get for these commendations are simply not rewarding enough, for all the time and effort you put into that commendation is just not deserving.

> I am looking forward to getting that Breach stance. It is my favorite with Believe and Assault close behind.
>
> And I don’t find any to be unworthy… just simply not my taste.
>
> I REALLY want that Vanguard armour so that I can Biotic Charge all over the place.

They see me chargin, they hatin. I be kill stealing all across the freakin map.

meh xp is terrible

5/5 is 2500 xp
6/6 is 2500 xp (5/6 is lower)
7/7 is 5000 bp (6/7 is lower)
7/8 AND 8/8 5000 xp
9/9 is 10,000 xp
1/1 is 15,000 xp

some commendations are longer and some are shorter but that’s generally how it goes

1/1 ones are the kind of master unsc weapons and master unsc ordnance where as 9/9 IIRC are the weapon ones

Those are just bonuses for things you’ll unlock eventually, when it comes down to it they’re all “unworthy” if you think about it.

Just play the game as you normally would and take the unlocks simply as perks of dedicated play.

No, consider commendations a BONUS. Something on the SIDE. What if the game had no commendations whatsoever? That’s an easy 50k XP gone for me at least!

It adds up quick, it doesn’t seem like much, but after you calculate all the small things together, it gets big, and quick!

> No, consider commendations a BONUS. Something on the SIDE. What if the game had no commendations whatsoever? That’s an easy 50k XP gone for me at least!
>
> It adds up quick, it doesn’t seem like much, but after you calculate all the small things together, it gets big, and quick!

the lower stuff then yes however to MASTER something? you should be rewarded much more if you become a “master” in it

> > No, consider commendations a BONUS. Something on the SIDE. What if the game had no commendations whatsoever? That’s an easy 50k XP gone for me at least!
> >
> > It adds up quick, it doesn’t seem like much, but after you calculate all the small things together, it gets big, and quick!
>
> the lower stuff then yes however to MASTER something? you should be rewarded much more if you become a “master” in it

Yeah…gotta agree with you there…

> > > No, consider commendations a BONUS. Something on the SIDE. What if the game had no commendations whatsoever? That’s an easy 50k XP gone for me at least!
> > >
> > > It adds up quick, it doesn’t seem like much, but after you calculate all the small things together, it gets big, and quick!
> >
> > the lower stuff then yes however to MASTER something? you should be rewarded much more if you become a “master” in it
>
> Yeah…gotta agree with you there…

still tho i think the 250 xp for the lowest stuff is a bit sad

i think it should have started on 500 xp then went to 1000xp and so on which would make the mastery level reward higher

The only thing that I think is going to be hard is the plasma pistol killing thing. Other then that, everything will come with time.

I like these commendations. For the exeaption of the PP kills, this game does not have impossible to get commendations like Reach.

Im already 42% done will my commendations. They are not that hard to get, plus you get rewarded for your work. Better than getting just XP IMO. And if you don’t like the prize dont use it.

The game is only out for 2 weeks, yet people complain about MASTER commendations…

I’ve mastered two now, and I find the EVA skin nice, and also the nice xp boost. Just play and see!

> I like these commendations. For the exeaption of the PP kills, this game does not have impossible to get commendations like Reach.
>
> Im already 42% done will my commendations. They are not that hard to get, plus you get rewarded for your work. Better than getting just XP IMO. And if you don’t like the prize dont use it.

lol!

i think i’m on something like 14 or 15% but then again i highly despise a lot of war games and play much more spartan ops

tbh the commendations are stupid, not in the sense that we dont need them… in the sense that some of the weapons you need alot of kills in never -Yoink!- drop and i hate it, if only seen the binary rifle drop like 3 times, the power weapons are hard to even come by even harder to predict where to get one… i think commendations are easy in my opinion if mastered quite few already and still got a long way to go… xp is decent its nothing game breaking and its fun to know that you at least get XP for doing something you would of done anyways(rocket launcher kills i mean come on who wouldnt want that power weapon or 2)

power weapons are finished much sooner then others tho

mastery for the power weapons is at about 250 kills at 5/5 IIRC

however the other weapons go to 900 kills at 9/9

the only problem with that is stuff like the plasma pistol and carbine for example where most often it’s more viable to use a different weapon

i have never once found the PP to even be a viable killing weapon in any situation except there is literally no ammo for anything else anywhere, taking shields down yes but not for the final killing blow

Seeing that I don’t give a crap about the unlocks I don’t go for specific commendations.

I just play like I always do and get commendations for that. I’d have to change my playstyle to get all unlocks and there is no way I’m doing that.

The XP bonus is okay. It doesn’t matter though since you rank up way too fast in this game, anyway.

> Seeing that I don’t give a crap about the unlocks I don’t go for specific commendations.
>
> I just play like I always do and get commendations for that. I’d have to change my playstyle to get all unlocks and there is no way I’m doing that.
>
> The XP bonus is okay. It doesn’t matter though since you rank up way too fast in this game, anyway.

It’s just seeing what you actually have to do to get this, that and unlock the other, doesn’t really seem that rewarding for a bonus. Playing the game as you do is the main key of course. It’s just what you get, after you complete it. It seems really naff, lol.

You make a good point about the part of ranking up too fast. It’s really boring having just a progression system.