master chiefs new armor

now before i start i want to say this is NOT a complaint thread.

now, i love the new armour he has in game, but can someone please tell me how it has changed, is it that this is the halo 3 armour and the halo 3 looks never really existed and actually looks like this?

or is it that cortana changed it in cryosleep (my preferred option)

please, im not complaining, just simply confused, i dont want it to replace the halo 3 armour as i think its a shame to waste that armours fiction, i would like cortana to have moved the armours atoms around to create this shape (maybe she had some blue prints of MK 7 stored some where and changed it?) ((well it is 500 years in the future))

thanks guys im just really confused by this, ive been trying to work it out, but my head physically hurts when i do so im just asking - thanks

EDIT-
also with your answer could you say if it is a redesign or in cannon redesign - so is this how it is meant to have always looked or is it upgraded and halo 3 MK6 is still cannon thanks

You’re likely to get some generic “nanobots dude” reply. I don’t remember 343 ever confirming that so… Not known yet. I remember Frankie in an interview a while back saying it will all be explained in the game. So, come Nov. 6, we’ll have your answer :slight_smile:

nanobots dude

nanobots dude

> You’re likely to get some generic “nanobots dude” reply. I don’t remember 343 ever confirming that so… Not known yet. I remember Frankie in an interview a while back saying it will all be explained in the game. So, come Nov. 6, we’ll have your answer :slight_smile:

i hope so, im massive about cannon, i dont mind changes so much, its the not knowing that bugs me, same with grunts/jackals/dawn they all look better (expect for the dawn in my opinion) but i dont know why they have changed, which is taking a part of my soul every day :frowning:

> nanobots dude

This is taken right from halopedia.org:

“In Halo 4’s campaign, John-117 wears his original Mark VI suit, though it is drastically different in appearance from its Halo 2 and Halo 3 incarnations. This is because Cortana used nano-machines stored aboard the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn to repair and upgrade the suit, though the gash on the right side of the chest piece was not fixed. The original, unmodified Mark VI helmet is available in the Infinity mode after completion of Halo 4’s campaign on Legendary difficulty.”

Here’s the link: MJOLNIR Mk VI

There are sources attached to that explanation of you want further proof

> This is taken right from halopedia.org:
>
> “In Halo 4’s campaign, John-117 wears his original Mark VI suit, though it is drastically different in appearance from its Halo 2 and Halo 3 incarnations. This is because Cortana used nano-machines stored aboard the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn to repair and upgrade the suit, though the gash on the right side of the chest piece was not fixed. The original, unmodified Mark VI helmet is available in the Infinity mode after completion of Halo 4’s campaign on Legendary difficulty.”
>
> Here’s the link: MJOLNIR Mk VI
>
> There are sources attached to that explanation of you want further proof

For the who Tl;dr nanobot, dude. But he gives more in depth reason.

> This is taken right from halopedia.org:
>
> “In Halo 4’s campaign, John-117 wears his original Mark VI suit, though it is drastically different in appearance from its Halo 2 and Halo 3 incarnations. This is because Cortana used nano-machines stored aboard the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn to repair and upgrade the suit, though the gash on the right side of the chest piece was not fixed. The original, unmodified Mark VI helmet is available in the Infinity mode after completion of Halo 4’s campaign on Legendary difficulty.”
>
> Here’s the link: MJOLNIR Mk VI
>
> There are sources attached to that explanation of you want further proof

thanks! i was looking on halo wiki lol, thanks anyways :smiley:

I found this picture in FlawlessCowboy’s twitter. It ruined Halo 4 for me. Be warned.

JK, 'course. Halo 4 is going to be amazing. But it’s pretty hard to un-see, huh.

> > You’re likely to get some generic “nanobots dude” reply. I don’t remember 343 ever confirming that so… Not known yet. I remember Frankie in an interview a while back saying it will all be explained in the game. So, come Nov. 6, we’ll have your answer :slight_smile:
>
> i hope so, im massive about cannon, i dont mind changes so much, its the not knowing that bugs me, same with grunts/jackals/dawn they all look better (expect for the dawn in my opinion) but i dont know why they have changed, which is taking a part of my soul every day :frowning:

If you like cannon so much then why are you asking on canon? *Badum tss

> I found this picture in FlawlessCowboy’s twitter. It ruined Halo 4 for me. Be warned.
>
> JK, 'course. Halo 4 is going to be amazing. But it’s pretty hard to un-see, huh.

It all makes sense now…

before you started, you should of really looked at all the other threads about this.

> This is taken right from halopedia.org:
>
> “In Halo 4’s campaign, John-117 wears his original Mark VI suit, though it is drastically different in appearance from its Halo 2 and Halo 3 incarnations. This is because Cortana used nano-machines stored aboard the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn to repair and upgrade the suit, though the gash on the right side of the chest piece was not fixed. The original, unmodified Mark VI helmet is available in the Infinity mode after completion of Halo 4’s campaign on Legendary difficulty.”
>
> Here’s the link: MJOLNIR Mk VI
>
> There are sources attached to that explanation of you want further proof

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Halopedia notorious for being wrong on a lot of things?

> > This is taken right from halopedia.org:
> >
> > “In Halo 4’s campaign, John-117 wears his original Mark VI suit, though it is drastically different in appearance from its Halo 2 and Halo 3 incarnations. This is because Cortana used nano-machines stored aboard the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn to repair and upgrade the suit, though the gash on the right side of the chest piece was not fixed. The original, unmodified Mark VI helmet is available in the Infinity mode after completion of Halo 4’s campaign on Legendary difficulty.”
> >
> > Here’s the link: MJOLNIR Mk VI
> >
> > There are sources attached to that explanation of you want further proof
>
> Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Halopedia notorious for being wrong on a lot of things?

Actually no, they are very strict when it comes to editing. It’s one of the cleanest fictional content wikis I’ve seen. For example the transformers wiki is horrible, it’s full of ridiculous bs.

There is another Halo wiki out there, but this one I linked is the true, most complete one

  1. In Campaign, players take the role of the Master Chief, the living legend of the Covenant War, a SPARTAN-II super-soldier <mark>wearing heavily modified GEN1 Mjolnir armor</mark>.

This confirms his Armor has been modified.

  1. [I noticed that the Mark VI armor for Multiplayer is not the same armor that the Chief dons in Halo 4. What type of armor is the Chief wearing then? -One One Seven

<mark>Very fancy, very custom, very unique “Cortana special” armor.</mark>](http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx)

This confirms the armor is customized by Cortana

  1. “Nanobots making repairs to Chief’s armor.”

This confirms Chief’s armor interacts with Nanobots

  1. “Slop is military slang for Nanoreagent Hydrocarbots - a suspension of nanomachines that renders nearly all carbon heavy matter into usable fuel for the UNSC’s ubiquitous internal combustion powerplants.”

This confirms UNSC possess Nanotechnology and had it around the time the Chief’s armor was made.

Now put all of this together and you have your answer: Nanobots were used by Cortana to modify the Chief’s armor while he slept in Cryo for 4 years.

Let’s not forget that the old Mark VI armor is in the game as well which means it exists side by side the Chief’s Mark VI which confirms that it’s not entirely artistic interpretation. The old Mark VI still exists because that’s what his looked like before Cortana changed it.

Hey, time to confirm your dread. SPOILER ALERT.

Nanobots as armor changing devices were discussed in Glasslands.

> You’re likely to get some generic “nanobots dude” reply. I don’t remember 343 ever confirming that so… Not known yet. I remember Frankie in an interview a while back saying it will all be explained in the game. So, come Nov. 6, we’ll have your answer :slight_smile:

> before you started, you should of really looked at all the other threads about this.

yeah, but it sorting out the complaint threads from the actual discussions

> 1. In Campaign, players take the role of the Master Chief, the living legend of the Covenant War, a SPARTAN-II super-soldier <mark>wearing heavily modified GEN1 Mjolnir armor</mark>.
>
> This confirms his Armor has been modified.
>
> 2. I noticed that the Mark VI armor for Multiplayer is not the same armor that the Chief dons in Halo 4. What type of armor is the Chief wearing then? -One One Seven
>
> <mark>Very fancy, very custom, very unique “Cortana special” armor.</mark>

>
> This confirms the armor is customized by Cortana
>
> 3. “Nanobots making repairs to Chief’s armor.”
>
> This confirms Chief’s armor interacts with Nanobots
>
> 4. “Slop is military slang for Nanoreagent Hydrocarbots - a suspension of nanomachines that renders nearly all carbon heavy matter into usable fuel for the UNSC’s ubiquitous internal combustion powerplants.”
>
> This confirms UNSC possess Nanotechnology and had it around the time the Chief’s armor was made.
>
> Now put all of this together and you have your answer: Nanobots were used by Cortana to modify the Chief’s armor while he slept in Cryo for 4 years.
>
> Let’s not forget that the old Mark VI armor is in the game as well which means it exists side by side the Chief’s Mark VI which confirms that it’s not entirely artistic interpretation. The old Mark VI still exists because that’s what his looked like before Cortana changed it.

Short answer: retconned for nanobots.

Correct? There was no mention of nanobots in armor until glasslands, right? and even then wasn’t it Mark VII?

Nanobots or Space Magic… does it really matter? it’s a new artistic take on it by a new studio. Not everything has to be explained along with canon.

It’s a game.