master CHIEFS JET PACK: clearing up some ignorance

I know that most Halo fans know about this but as I go around the web, people still ask, “How did Master Chief get a jet pack?” Well, Game Informer made an excellent guess. They said “Did he grow one?”. Well, not exactly. In Halo Glasslands when SPARTAN Naomi is done putting her MJOLNIR armor on he states " And the armor can make adjusts to itself when she’s in Cryo". Now, I know most avid Halo fans, as myself know this, but I’m clearing up misconceptions that the eight year old’s that troll multiplayer may have.

Really, your wrong, sorry but there Zero-G Thrusters, you can see them in Halo 2 as there on Mk.VI but never used

Edit: Played Every Game, Read Every Book

Let me clear up a misconception you seem to have, this is not a jetpack, the so called “Jet-Pack” he has in the trailer, are Zero-G thrusters, standard on every MJOLNIR suit since MARK VI.

First 2 posts beat me to it. There is no jet-pack. What you are referring to in regards to the cryo mods are so far only known to be the aesthetic changes in the armor. Obviously there will be/are functional changes from this process, but these thrusters have existed for a while.

Can’t tell if trolling, or hasn’t read any threads.

> Well, not exactly. In Halo Glasslands when SPARTAN Naomi is done putting <mark>her</mark> MJOLNIR armor on <mark>he</mark> states "

lol sorry couldn’t resist

I feel the need to point out that Naomi was outfitted with a special set of MJOLNIR Mk. VII armor, created by a different supplier than the rest of the MJOLNIR series. It’s noted in Glasslands that Mk. VII added the nano-tech. Master Chief has Mk. VI, so it’s unlikely the nano-tech autonomously upgraded him.

> I feel the need to point out that Naomi was outfitted with a special set of MJOLNIR Mk. VII armor, created by a different supplier than the rest of the MJOLNIR series. It’s noted in Glasslands that Mk. VII added the nano-tech. Master Chief has Mk. VI, so it’s unlikely the nano-tech autonomously upgraded him.

In addition, the book said that Mk. VII can only do minor repairs. It wouldn’t be able to make major changes and upgrades to the armor.

Source saying Mark VI has always had these thrusters besides the trailer, which is a teaser and shouldn’t be taken as hard fact?

> > I feel the need to point out that Naomi was outfitted with a special set of MJOLNIR Mk. VII armor, created by a different supplier than the rest of the MJOLNIR series. It’s noted in Glasslands that Mk. VII added the nano-tech. Master Chief has Mk. VI, so it’s unlikely the nano-tech autonomously upgraded him.
>
> In addition, the book said that Mk. VII can only do minor repairs. It wouldn’t be able to make major changes and upgrades to the armor.

Frankie has said though that between cortana and the FoD, while in cryo, armor modifications can be made with John’s suit as well…hence the largely altered armor seen in the only marketing image of him.

Everyone has already answered this though I feel I need to point out this fact:

Jet Packs are designed to be used in atmosphere such as the ones in Halo: Reach.

Zero G thrusters are for use in space.

Jet packs are much more powerful as they have to lift a spartan weighing half a tonne.

Zero G thrusters are much weaker because they have to move a weightless object through space with precision.

If the chief used a jetpack in space he would blast himself right through the wall of the ship and probably kill himself, hence the reason why they are zero G thrusters.

Also 0G thrusters are much smaller as they require less power, hence why they are within the armor whereas the Reach jetpacks are external :slight_smile: