Master Chief's armor in Multiplayer

Anyone else notice how master chief’s armor isn’t in multiplayer? I know about the Mark VI stuff, but they sure aren’t the same as Master Chief’s armor. His helmet and shoulders are much different. Did they do this on purpose?

I believe they don’t have the armor as an option in multiplayer to stay canonical. IIRC, the only reason MC has the armor is because Cortana made adjustments to his old one while he was in cryo. This means that it probably isn’t a UNSC official armor variant, and thus not available for a normal spartan.

i know the shoudlers were diff but didnt really think to much bout the rest! can you post some pics of them in here to see the diff (one masterchief and one spartan iv in mk vi amror)

maybe it will be one of the glyph-code unlocks.

The Mk VI you get in multiplayer is meant to be the armor you wore in H2 and H3, even though it has been changed.

The Mk VI you wear in Campaign as the Master Chief is an artistic reimagining. Frankie once mentioned that nanobots changed the appearance whilst in cryo but there has been no other mention of these magic nanobots, so a lot of us suspect that was a slip-up. It’s just a reimagining.

Which is a shame because the Chief apparently retires his trusty old armor at the end of H4, so we’ll never get to send off his old Bungie armor with style.

> I believe they don’t have the armor as an option in multiplayer to stay canonical. IIRC, the only reason MC has the armor is because Cortana made adjustments to his old one while he was in cryo. This means that it probably isn’t a UNSC official armor variant, and thus not available for a normal spartan.

I thought the same thing too but in actual fact all that Cortana does is update his firmware which would most probably just involve a new HUD and the ability to patch into armour modules.

343 changed the whole concept of Mark VI armour if you noticed in the prologue of the game all the Spartan II’s have the 343 version applied. The Mark VI which is available in MM is a buffed version of bungies concept of the Mark VI armour.

I personally wanted the 343 version but the older one looks just as awesome IMO. Fingers crossed it’ll be available through waypoint in the future or the next halo games.

> I believe they don’t have the armor as an option in multiplayer to stay canonical. IIRC, the only reason MC has the armor is because Cortana made adjustments to his old one while he was in cryo. This means that it probably isn’t a UNSC official armor variant, and thus not available for a normal spartan.

She only made adjustments to the armor’s systems. Hard for an AI to physically change the appearance of armor, let alone while it is frozen. Granted, this should be possible with Mk VII that Naomi is rocking, what with the nanotech stuff… but the Chief does not have that.

His armor is standard Mk VI, which was what all SIIs wore, with no differences other than color or the occasional tactical outfit.

So not only is it official, it is THE official variant.

maybe ill get it when i reach sr-117 :wink: I doubt it very seriously but worth a laugh

i’m pretty sure 343 employees have master chiefs armor