master chief vs Warhammers space marine

so my buddy and I are having a debate about if john 117 could go toe to toe with a Warhammer space marine. I don’t know much about Warhammer but my buddy told me that no weapon in the Halo universe could get pass the space marine armor base on what it made of. my counter to that was the forerunner weapons should be able to do something and the recent Warhammer trailer made space marine look pretty easy to kill, but my buddy said “ther armor and weapons are to op for spartans to keep up with and are on another level”. but I dont know lore to space marine so those creatures they were fighting in the trailer could have made them look easy to kill. but also mh buddy is pretty new to halo lore and he could be over exaggerating. so i need someone with a lot of knowledge of bolth universes to shine some light on this debate.

r

> 2533274821056537;1:
> so my buddy and I are having a debate about if john 117 could go toe to toe with a Warhammer space marine. I don’t know much about Warhammer but my buddy told me that no weapon in the Halo universe could get pass the space marine armor base on what it made of. my counter to that was the forerunner weapons should be able to do something and the recent Warhammer trailer made space marine look pretty easy to kill, but my buddy said “ther armor and weapons are to op for spartans to keep up with and are on another level”. but I dont know lore to space marine so those creatures they were fighting in the trailer could have made them look easy to kill. but also mh buddy is pretty new to halo lore and he could be over exaggerating. so i need someone with a lot of knowledge of bolth universes to shine some light on this debate.

Depends… are you using the lore or the game? Because it depends.

A space marine will literally eat Spartans for breakfast… everyday… their faster, stronger, and more experienced. The very fact that you have to use a forerunner weapon that MIGHT hurt them is proof of that. Storm-troopers are the closet thing in 40k to Spartans…and they are not high on the big guy tier.

This is a massive stomp in favor of the space marine,.

> 2533274925892496;2:
> r
>
>
> > 2533274821056537;1:
> > so my buddy and I are having a debate about if john 117 could go toe to toe with a Warhammer space marine. I don’t know much about Warhammer but my buddy told me that no weapon in the Halo universe could get pass the space marine armor base on what it made of. my counter to that was the forerunner weapons should be able to do something and the recent Warhammer trailer made space marine look pretty easy to kill, but my buddy said “ther armor and weapons are to op for spartans to keep up with and are on another level”. but I dont know lore to space marine so those creatures they were fighting in the trailer could have made them look easy to kill. but also mh buddy is pretty new to halo lore and he could be over exaggerating. so i need someone with a lot of knowledge of bolth universes to shine some light on this debate.
>
> Depends… are you using the lore or the game? Because it depends.
>
> A space marine will literally eat Spartans for breakfast… everyday… their faster, stronger, and more experienced. The very fact that you have to use a forerunner weapon that MIGHT hurt them is proof of that. Storm-troopers are the closet thing in 40k to Spartans…and they are not high on the big guy tier.
>
> This is a massive stomp in favor of the space marine,.

but could forerunner weapons do anything? cause I was looking at a bunch forums and they said the same thing your saying but they where all dated before forerunner weapons where in the scene. could you drop some stats on top speed and strength?

> 2533274821056537;3:
> > 2533274925892496;2:
> > r
> >
> >
> > > 2533274821056537;1:
> > > so my buddy and I are having a debate about if john 117 could go toe to toe with a Warhammer space marine. I don’t know much about Warhammer but my buddy told me that no weapon in the Halo universe could get pass the space marine armor base on what it made of. my counter to that was the forerunner weapons should be able to do something and the recent Warhammer trailer made space marine look pretty easy to kill, but my buddy said “ther armor and weapons are to op for spartans to keep up with and are on another level”. but I dont know lore to space marine so those creatures they were fighting in the trailer could have made them look easy to kill. but also mh buddy is pretty new to halo lore and he could be over exaggerating. so i need someone with a lot of knowledge of bolth universes to shine some light on this debate.
> >
> > Depends… are you using the lore or the game? Because it depends.
> >
> > A space marine will literally eat Spartans for breakfast… everyday… their faster, stronger, and more experienced. The very fact that you have to use a forerunner weapon that MIGHT hurt them is proof of that. Storm-troopers are the closet thing in 40k to Spartans…and they are not high on the big guy tier.
> >
> > This is a massive stomp in favor of the space marine,.
>
> but could forerunner weapons do anything? cause I was looking at a bunch forums and they said the same thing your saying but they where all dated before forerunner weapons where in the scene. could you drop some stats on top speed and strength?

Link

Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.

And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.

> 2535464839815963;5:
> Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
>
> And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.

You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force… You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons. You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close. Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher. It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine. If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor. Its a frigging stomp.

> 2533274925892496;6:
> > 2535464839815963;5:
> > Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
> >
> > And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.
>
> You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force… You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons. You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close. Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher. It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine. If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor. Its a frigging stomp.

I have to agree with you after reading that link space marines are op. straight up smacking a round of ther hand gun out of mid air also at point blank range. ther hand gun round is also the size of a rocket. also moving 10 meter with in a heart beat.

> 2533274821056537;7:
> > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
> > >
> > > And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.
> >
> > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force… You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons. You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close. Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher. It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine. If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor. Its a frigging stomp.
>
> I have to agree with you after reading that link space marines are op. straight up smacking a round of ther hand gun out of mid air also at blank range. ther hand gun round is also the size of a rocket. also moving 10 meter with in a heart beat.

Thank you.

> 2533274925892496;8:
> > 2533274821056537;7:
> > > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > > Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
> > > >
> > > > And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.
> > >
> > > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force… You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons. You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close. Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher. It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine. If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor. Its a frigging stomp.
> >
> > I have to agree with you after reading that link space marines are op. straight up smacking a round of ther hand gun out of mid air also at blank range. ther hand gun round is also the size of a rocket. also moving 10 meter with in a heart beat.
>
> Thank you.

did a space marine really get killed by a human? if so how did that go down?

> 2535464839815963;5:
> Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
>
> And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.

how did they get killed by a human?

> 2533274925892496;6:
> > 2535464839815963;5:
> > snip .
>
> You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force…

Except that the 920 is used against infantry too, So can the Spartan laser…

> You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons.

To be fair I’m also not factoring things like invisibility, overshields, bubble shields, and other equipment that the Spartans can use to gain an edge, so I don’t understand your point.

> You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close.

Hardly, the Spartan Laser is a standard Spartan weapon (that’s literally the weapon Jerome us depicted with always) and so is A.R.C.-920.

> Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher.

Nobody is talking about Rocket Launchers, though yes, those can also be used to great effect against a Space Marine, considering that regular humans have killed them with less.

> It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine.

Your point being? Are you trying to imply that a Spartan can’t hit an enemy from over 10 feet away?

> If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor.

I am not giving them anything exotic, if I were I would give them one of those new DMR the UNSC have that are based off Forerunner tech and literally deletes a grown human, so I don’t see why you are getting salty.

> 2533274821056537;9:
> > 2533274925892496;8:
> > > 2533274821056537;7:
> > > > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > > > Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
> > > > >
> > > > > And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.
> > > >
> > > > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force… You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons. You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close. Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher. It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine. If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor. Its a frigging stomp.
> > >
> > > snip.
>
> did a space marine really get killed by a human? if so how did that go down?

> 2533274821056537;10:
> > 2535464839815963;5:
> > Snip.
>
> how did they get killed by a human?

You mean one of the several times it happened, why don’t I simply link you to this post

> 2535464839815963;12:
> > 2533274821056537;9:
> > > 2533274925892496;8:
> > > > 2533274821056537;7:
> > > > > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > > > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > > > > Space marines have been repeatedly defeated by far less powerful things than a Spartan, I’m talking about regular humans here, so yeah as long as the Spartan has some of the heavy weapon available to them like the Spartan Laser or A.R.C.-920 they can take one out.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And let’s get this out of the way, the forerunner Light Rifle, the Sniper and the Canon will kill any space marine they hit.
> > > > >
> > > > > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force… You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons. You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close. Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher. It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine. If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor. Its a frigging stomp.
> > > >
> > > > snip.
> >
> > did a space marine really get killed by a human? if so how did that go down?
>
>
>
> > 2533274821056537;10:
> > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > Snip.
> >
> > how did they get killed by a human?
>
> You mean one of the several times it happened, why don’t I simply link you to this post

wtf how can these op marines get taken down so easy? a wooden spear really wtf.

> 2535464839815963;11:
> > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > snip .
> >
> > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force…
>
> Except that the 920 is used against infantry too, So can the Spartan laser…
> That’s not the point. The point is he HAS TO USE A HEAVY weapon to stand a freaking chance. he has NO chance whatsoever without it. That’s not what i would call a fair match up.
>
> > You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons.
>
> To be fair I’m also not factoring things like invisibility, overshields, bubble shields, and other equipment that the Spartans can use to gain an edge, so I don’t understand your point.
> Well ya… but I’m also not factoring everything… the sky is the limit… Either way space marine has better tech. The only thing’s that MIGHT give them an advantage are over-shields and invisibility.
>
> > You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close.
>
> Hardly, the Spartan Laser is a standard Spartan weapon (that’s literally the weapon Jerome us depicted with always) and so is A.R.C.-920.
> So what? it’s still a weapon normally used to take out tanks.
>
> > Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher.
>
> Nobody is talking about Rocket Launchers, though yes, those can also be used to great effect against a Space Marine, considering that regular humans have killed them with less.
>
> > It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine.
>
> Your point being? Are you trying to imply that a Spartan can’t hit an enemy from over 10 feet away?
> No. The point is to hurt the space marine with the rocket launcher its going to need to be a direct hit. With the rate space marines move, hitting them with a rocket launcher at almost any distance will be next to impossible.
>
> > If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor.
>
> I am not giving them anything exotic, if I were I would give them one of those new DMR the UNSC have that are based off Forerunner tech and literally deletes a grown human, so I don’t see why you are getting salty.
> No salt. But again… you might as well give the space marines a plasma gun or multi melta with you giving the spartans a spartan laser. Either way its ludicrous to consider a spartan winning in fair circumstances.

Yes, humans have killed space marines… That’s happened what…? 10 times? Anyone can die, A cyclops can be killed by planning and a stake to the eye. BILLIONS, probably trillions of humans have died to space marines. So your literally cherry picking things. The kill ratio would be like at least 30-1 at the very worst for the space marines,.

You could kill a spartan with a bloody wooden spear, but that doesn’t change that they stomp normal humans.

also warhammer 40k lore is terribly inconsistent. Kappa.

> 2533274925892496;14:
> > 2535464839815963;11:
> > > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > > snip .
> > >
> > > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force…
> >
> > Except that the 920 is used against infantry too, So can the Spartan laser…
> > That’s not the point. The point is he HAS TO USE A HEAVY weapon to stand a freaking chance. he has NO chance whatsoever without it. That’s not what i would call a fair match up.
> >
> > > You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons.
> >
> > To be fair I’m also not factoring things like invisibility, overshields, bubble shields, and other equipment that the Spartans can use to gain an edge, so I don’t understand your point.
> > Well ya… but I’m also not factoring everything… the sky is the limit… Either way space marine has better tech. The only thing’s that MIGHT give them an advantage are over-shields and invisibility.
> >
> > > You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close.
> >
> > Hardly, the Spartan Laser is a standard Spartan weapon (that’s literally the weapon Jerome us depicted with always) and so is A.R.C.-920.
> > So what? it’s still a weapon normally used to take out tanks.
> >
> > > Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher.
> >
> > Nobody is talking about Rocket Launchers, though yes, those can also be used to great effect against a Space Marine, considering that regular humans have killed them with less.
> >
> > > It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine.
> >
> > Your point being? Are you trying to imply that a Spartan can’t hit an enemy from over 10 feet away?
> > No. The point is to hurt the space marine with the rocket launcher its going to need to be a direct hit. With the rate space marines move, hitting them with a rocket launcher at almost any distance will be next to impossible.
> >
> > > If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor.
> >
> > I am not giving them anything exotic, if I were I would give them one of those new DMR the UNSC have that are based off Forerunner tech and literally deletes a grown human, so I don’t see why you are getting salty.
> > No salt. But again… you might as well give the space marines a plasma gun or multi melta with you giving the spartans a spartan laser. Either way its ludicrous to consider a spartan winning in fair circumstances.
>
> Yes, humans have killed space marines… That’s happened what…? 10 times? Anyone can die, A might cyclop can be killed by planning and a stake to the eye. BILLIONS, probably trillions of humans have died to space marines. So your literally cherry picking things. The kill ratio would be like at least 30-1 at the very worst for the space marines,.

Well, the Space Marine is hardly a Cyclops and what’s the point of comparation anyways? that they both can be killed by regular humans? Regardless I’m hardly cherry picking here, I’m making a point, if a human can take out a space marine, a Spartan can, in fact a Spartan can engage in even terms as long as it is properly armed.

> You could kill a spartan with a bloody wooden spear, but that doesn’t change that they stomp normal humans.

You are doing it again, show me were a Spartan was taken out by a human with a wooden spear, in fact show me were a human has defeated a Spartan 1 on 1.

> also warhammer 40k lore is terribly inconsistent. Kappa.

Well then maybe we shouldn’t go making such broad generalizations, and we should be more aware of our own side.

And would you mind fixing the rest of your quotes?.

> 2535464839815963;15:
> > 2533274925892496;14:
> > > 2535464839815963;11:
> > > > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > > > snip .
> > > >
> > > > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force…
> > >
> > > Except that the 920 is used against infantry too, So can the Spartan laser…
> > > That’s not the point. The point is he HAS TO USE A HEAVY weapon to stand a freaking chance. he has NO chance whatsoever without it. That’s not what i would call a fair match up.
> > >
> > > > You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons.
> > >
> > > To be fair I’m also not factoring things like invisibility, overshields, bubble shields, and other equipment that the Spartans can use to gain an edge, so I don’t understand your point.
> > > Well ya… but I’m also not factoring everything… the sky is the limit… Either way space marine has better tech. The only thing’s that MIGHT give them an advantage are over-shields and invisibility.
> > >
> > > > You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close.
> > >
> > > Hardly, the Spartan Laser is a standard Spartan weapon (that’s literally the weapon Jerome us depicted with always) and so is A.R.C.-920.
> > > So what? it’s still a weapon normally used to take out tanks.
> > >
> > > > Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher.
> > >
> > > Nobody is talking about Rocket Launchers, though yes, those can also be used to great effect against a Space Marine, considering that regular humans have killed them with less.
> > >
> > > > It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine.
> > >
> > > Your point being? Are you trying to imply that a Spartan can’t hit an enemy from over 10 feet away?
> > > No. The point is to hurt the space marine with the rocket launcher its going to need to be a direct hit. With the rate space marines move, hitting them with a rocket launcher at almost any distance will be next to impossible.
> > >
> > > > If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor.
> > >
> > > I am not giving them anything exotic, if I were I would give them one of those new DMR the UNSC have that are based off Forerunner tech and literally deletes a grown human, so I don’t see why you are getting salty.
> > > No salt. But again… you might as well give the space marines a plasma gun or multi melta with you giving the spartans a spartan laser. Either way its ludicrous to consider a spartan winning in fair circumstances.
> >
> > Yes, humans have killed space marines… That’s happened what…? 10 times? Anyone can die, A might cyclop can be killed by planning and a stake to the eye. BILLIONS, probably trillions of humans have died to space marines. So your literally cherry picking things. The kill ratio would be like at least 30-1 at the very worst for the space marines,.
>
> Well, the Space Marine is hardly a Cyclops and what’s the point of comparation anyways? that they both can be killed by regular humans? Regardless I’m hardly cherry picking here, I’m making a point, if a human can take out a space marine, a Spartan can, in fact a Spartan can engage in even terms as long as it is properly armed.
>
>
>
>
> > You could kill a spartan with a bloody wooden spear, but that doesn’t change that they stomp normal humans.
>
> You are doing it again, show me were a Spartan was taken out by a human with a wooden spear, in fact show me were a human has defeated a Spartan 1 on 1.
>
>
>
>
> > also warhammer 40k lore is terribly inconsistent. Kappa.
>
> Well then maybe we shouldn’t go making such broad generalizations, and we should be more aware of our own side.
>
> And would you mind fixing the rest of your quotes?.

The point is… that a spartan can be killed by a wooden spear, just as easily as a space marine can. It literally means nothing in context. The point of the cyclops quote was that a smaller weaker person can kill someone given planning and circumstance. But usually in a straight fight they will lose.

You don’t need even NEED to show a human killing a spartan to prove this point. your basically saying that a human dint kill a spartan, but a human killed a space marine so a spartan is stronger. that’s ignoring basically all the feats and extremely bad logic.

No, no one is saying a spartan CAN’T take out a space marine. That’s not the freaking point. That’s never been the point. the point is a space marine is BETTER every single point and WILL win in a 1 on 1 duel no matter what. Look at the feats, the technology, and the comparisons on other websites if you want. this is literally not even a debating point. Look at the feet thread I posted for pete sake.

I’m sorry, I don’t exactly know what you mean by fixing my quotes. Please extrapolate.
.
Here’s like 4 different debates (some going back years) all agreeing the spartan will lose. one even using a SCOUT marine This is not a freaking debatable topic

I’m not debating this anymore. It’s so one sided. You have a good day.

> 2533274925892496;16:
> > 2535464839815963;15:
> > > 2533274925892496;14:
> > > > 2535464839815963;11:
> > > > > 2533274925892496;6:
> > > > > > 2535464839815963;5:
> > > > > > snip .
> > > > >
> > > > > You are literally saying that they need to have heavy weaponry that they should NOT have to use on another infantry force…
> > > >
> > > > Except that the 920 is used against infantry too, So can the Spartan laser…
> > > > That’s not the point. The point is he HAS TO USE A HEAVY weapon to stand a freaking chance. he has NO chance whatsoever without it. That’s not what i would call a fair match up.
> > > >
> > > > > You are also not factoring in barriers from halo’s. (they are are rare however) which can shrug off anti tank weapons.
> > > >
> > > > To be fair I’m also not factoring things like invisibility, overshields, bubble shields, and other equipment that the Spartans can use to gain an edge, so I don’t understand your point.
> > > > Well ya… but I’m also not factoring everything… the sky is the limit… Either way space marine has better tech. The only thing’s that MIGHT give them an advantage are over-shields and invisibility.
> > > >
> > > > > You are making the debate completely skewed in the favor of the spartan to even have a frigging chance and even then it’s not even close.
> > > >
> > > > Hardly, the Spartan Laser is a standard Spartan weapon (that’s literally the weapon Jerome us depicted with always) and so is A.R.C.-920.
> > > > So what? it’s still a weapon normally used to take out tanks.
> > > >
> > > > > Space marines are way to fast and are way to experienced to be hit by a rocket launcher.
> > > >
> > > > Nobody is talking about Rocket Launchers, though yes, those can also be used to great effect against a Space Marine, considering that regular humans have killed them with less.
> > > >
> > > > > It’s not like in the game where your 10 feet from someone and shoot near their feet and they die. Its going to be a long distance fight… This is also factoring in a REGULAR space marine.
> > > >
> > > > Your point being? Are you trying to imply that a Spartan can’t hit an enemy from over 10 feet away?
> > > > No. The point is to hurt the space marine with the rocket launcher its going to need to be a direct hit. With the rate space marines move, hitting them with a rocket launcher at almost any distance will be next to impossible.
> > > >
> > > > > If your giving the spartan exotic weaponry… you might as well make the space marine a first company veteran with terminator armor.
> > > >
> > > > I am not giving them anything exotic, if I were I would give them one of those new DMR the UNSC have that are based off Forerunner tech and literally deletes a grown human, so I don’t see why you are getting salty.
> > > > No salt. But again… you might as well give the space marines a plasma gun or multi melta with you giving the spartans a spartan laser. Either way its ludicrous to consider a spartan winning in fair circumstances.
> > >
> > > Yes, humans have killed space marines… That’s happened what…? 10 times? Anyone can die, A might cyclop can be killed by planning and a stake to the eye. BILLIONS, probably trillions of humans have died to space marines. So your literally cherry picking things. The kill ratio would be like at least 30-1 at the very worst for the space marines,.
> >
> > Well, the Space Marine is hardly a Cyclops and what’s the point of comparation anyways? that they both can be killed by regular humans? Regardless I’m hardly cherry picking here, I’m making a point, if a human can take out a space marine, a Spartan can, in fact a Spartan can engage in even terms as long as it is properly armed.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > You could kill a spartan with a bloody wooden spear, but that doesn’t change that they stomp normal humans.
> >
> > You are doing it again, show me were a Spartan was taken out by a human with a wooden spear, in fact show me were a human has defeated a Spartan 1 on 1.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > also warhammer 40k lore is terribly inconsistent. Kappa.
> >
> > Well then maybe we shouldn’t go making such broad generalizations, and we should be more aware of our own side.
> >
> > And would you mind fixing the rest of your quotes?.
>
> The point is… that a spartan can be killed by a wooden spear, just as easily as a space marine can. It literally means nothing in context. The point of the cyclops quote was that a smaller weaker person can kill someone given planning and circumstance. But usually in a straight fight they will lose.

So you have no proof, and instead you insist on a non sequitur. I am going to take this as you conceding.

> You don’t need even NEED to show a human killing a spartan to prove this point. your basically saying that a human dint kill a spartan, but a human killed a space marine so a spartan is stronger. that’s ignoring basically all the feats and extremely bad logic.

No only do you have no proof, you admit to not even knowing what logic is, but that’s fine I shall remind you:

> a science that deals with the principles and criteria of validity of a derivation as a conclusion from fact or premises and a demonstration

In fact the specific type of logic hear is called syllogism, and you should look it up so that you don’t embarrass yourself.

And please mind you, that at several points including in Gaunt Ghosts we have a regular human engaging a marine in combat including one space marine, for example I the GG case the guy actually engages two space marines with a sword, I one fight he kills one and in the other he cuts another one 's Bolter with his sword, that’s right the human not only was defeated a space marine with a sword it did so while said marine had a gun

> No, no one is saying a spartan CAN’T take out a space marine. That’s not the freaking point. That’s never been the point. the point is a space marine is BETTER every single point and WILL win in a 1 on 1 duel no matter what. Look at the feats, the technology, and the comparisons on other websites if you want. this is literally not even a debating point. Look at the feet thread I posted for pete sake.

Now this is bad logic, your premise that a Spartan can take out a space marine does not follow your conclusion that a space marine will win a 1 on 1 duel no matter what. Furthermore I’ve look at the feats and saw several normal humans taking out regular space marines on 1 on 1 duels and that a Spartan has never been defeated by a normal human on 1 on 1 combat which led me to the conclusion that a Spartan can and will take out a space marine in a 1 on 1 duel.

> I’m sorry, I don’t exactly know what you mean by fixing my quotes. Please extrapolate.

Your answer to my points is inside my quotes.

> Here’slike 4 different debates (some going back years) all agreeing the spartan will lose. one even using a SCOUT marine This is not a freaking debatable topic

Great so argumentum ad populum, I take it you concede then? I mean not only do you use bad logic, you don’t even know what logic is, you argument rest on fallacies and non sequiturs and you try to say that my argument rest on bad logic without even pointing when or how, you know this reeks of fanboyism

> 2533274821056537;1:
> so my buddy and I are having a debate about if john 117 could go toe to toe with a Warhammer space marine. I don’t know much about Warhammer but my buddy told me that no weapon in the Halo universe could get pass the space marine armor base on what it made of. my counter to that was the forerunner weapons should be able to do something and the recent Warhammer trailer made space marine look pretty easy to kill, but my buddy said “ther armor and weapons are to op for spartans to keep up with and are on another level”. but I dont know lore to space marine so those creatures they were fighting in the trailer could have made them look easy to kill. but also mh buddy is pretty new to halo lore and he could be over exaggerating. so i need someone with a lot of knowledge of bolth universes to shine some light on this debate.

In short, your buddy is excessively immersed into the 40k fandom to such an extent that he isn’t able to accurately assess its actual strengths and weaknesses in relation to other franchises.

I am familiar with both franchises, and on a good day, SOME Space Marines can do things that Spartans wouldn’t even consider, but generally speaking, their combat effectiveness is comparable. The trouble that always emerges when 40k’s Space Marines are compared to anything is that many 40k’s fans want to compare 40k’s novels to only Halo’s games, ignoring the rest of their franchise.

If you wish to continue with his sillyness, you might consider comparing Spartans to Vindicare Assassins, rather than Space Marines.

Keep in mind, as was shown above, on at least one instance, a Space Marine was killed by a normal human with a wooden spear.
Halo 4’s Railgun fires a projectile comparable to a Heavy Bolter, so that can kill Space Marines. Scale the other weapons accordingly.

I hate to be frank. But look up a google picture of a normal human compared to a space marine. The size difference makes them look like gods.

117 would put up a fight but OMG he could never hope to win. Luck wouldnt work against these guys.

So in conlusion. Spartans VS Space Marines.
Would be tragic to watch spartans getting exterminated.

> 2535423017426092;19:
> I hate to be frank. But look up a google picture of a normal human compared to a space marine. The size difference makes them look like gods.

I feel like I just had this debate, regardless that’s a bad comparation not only because bigger means that it consumes more energy and hence gets tired faster, but because bigger does not mean more powerful case in point Goku is far smaller and has far less muscle mass than a Space Marine, are yoy saying that goku would be defeated by Space Marine because he is smaller? Now you see where that logic takes you, and why is bad?

> 117 would put up a fight but OMG he could never hope to win. Luck wouldnt work against these guys.
>
> So in conlusion. Spartans VS Space Marines.
> Would be tragic to watch spartans getting exterminated.

Tragic? like the times a Space Marine dies to a human?