Master Chief talks too much?

If you guys remember in other halo games ( especially Halo:CE - Halo 3 ) you don’t hear John talk so much but now when 343 came in that picture he talk almost every cutscene and have fealings and opinions i have never noticed before. Is this something i just thought of?

No, Bungie just took the easy route and went for a near silent protagonist. 343’s Chief is an actual person. Always felt odd for Cortana to talk in the old games and Chief said nothing.

I think he’s about the same as in the other games. He was never really a silent protagonist, he always had nice back and forth routines with Cortana.

Read a Halo book or two. He isn’t the “silent protagonist” that Bungie made him out to be.

In Bungie’s Halo, they wanted you to feel like the character and give him personality where he lacked it.
Now, another thing to remember is the recurring theme of determination in Halo 1-2-3, where Master Chief did not feel the need to speak when he was trying to complete the given objective. He was raised to win and end wars, not have a giddy conversation with the ever majestic Chips Dubbo, so therefore he followed exactly what he was made to be: a super-soldier with antisocial tendencies that would go to any great length to complete his objective.

But i just wounder why is he talking so much now after halo 3 and not before?

> 2533274866497723;6:
> But i just wounder why is he talking so much now after halo 3 and not before?

Because 343 decided so. Simple.

Yeah…And what he has to say isn’t interesting at all in the new games.

> 2533274816992374;7:
> > 2533274866497723;6:
> > But i just wounder why is he talking so much now after halo 3 and not before?
>
>
> Because 343 decided so. Simple.

But is that a good thing if we see from the character perspective and his development?
Did 343I made us a new john 117?

You also have to realize that John had little to know reason to speak in the past few games. In Halo 5 he is a team leader, he has to talk, its his role. Even when he does, its to the point, he does not beat around the bush, he still possesses the anti-social tendencies by talking only when it pertained to the mission or himself personally such as chief getting aggressive when cortana was involved.

I like it that he talks more now. It was awkward sometimes when a character during gameplay would speak to the Chief and he’d just stand there in silence. I mean Bungie created a cool protagonist and all, but 343 is handling him better imo.

> 2533274866497723;9:
> > 2533274816992374;7:
> > > 2533274866497723;6:
> > > But i just wounder why is he talking so much now after halo 3 and not before?
> >
> >
> > Because 343 decided so. Simple.
>
>
> But is that a good thing if we see from the character perspective and his development?
> Did 343I made us a new john 117?

No, as Halsey and I stated, he was never really the “Silent Protagonist” that Bungie made him out to be. He is much more vocal in the books. 343 just decided to bring that out in the games too.